Chap 18

When I got out of bed I felt terrible dreading the day.It wasn't until I checked the date I knew why... It was me and Lucas's anniversary I looked at the clock I didn't have to go till work to later on in the day. Johnny was already eating breakfast "About time you got up. Already fed king" he scratched the dog behind the ear. Sitting at the table looking through all the bills I groaned It's so much I don't know how Darry manages to do this " you okay?" Johnny asked stuffing toast into his mouth " No" I said sternly opening a letter " What's wrong?" He looked at me his eyes filled with worry " Doesn't matter " I felt a small smile on my face it was a letter from Alex.

Hey Gloria, how you been? I'm doing fine don't worry... I know you're gonna be down specially today I'm writing to apologise for not being there but Some stuff came out and I'm currently down at new York I probably won't be back till after February I know I'm real sorry... I've been getting better as well I've got a house as well Met a cute girl she's real nice you'd like her Hopefully I'll see you soon . Bye take care. -Alex"

I folded the letter back open putting it in the envelope " You sure?" Johnny asked again " Im Fine." I was getting frustrated with people constantly asking me I walked up back to my room with the letter I heard heavy paws behind me King followed me I sat on the bed King sat between my legs his head resting on my thigh I stroked his head " wanna go for a walk?" I half smiled he let out a bark in reply He jumped up grabbing his leash " need get dressed first Boy" I chuckled grabbing a grey and black plaid skirt with a black top that showed a little bit of skin I had be careful when putting on my top and leather jacket my shoulder was still healing. I wore my usual combat boots.

I put King's leash on heading back down stairs

I put King's leash on heading back down stairs. " Shouldn't you be at school?" I asked Johnny as I walked pasted the kitchen " Skipping " he replied "Okay don't skip too much " I closed the door walking to the park with King he started tugging against the leash as we got closer to the park " Stop it King my shoulder remember " I winced he whined but stopped. " Here ya go" I took of the leash he instantly started running around chasing birds and smaller dogs. I remember I had work late and Johnny was staying at Ponyboy's I asked Dally if he'd watch King he rejected at first but when I said I'd give him $30 for watching King for the day he agreed I came home finding Dally laughing and playing about with King when he noticed I was watching he practically threatened me not tell anyone the next day when Johnny came home with Pony they told me Dally been wanting to watch King for ages. " That's quite the outfit" a voice purred behind me I turned to see " Speak of the devil himself" I rolled my eyes he just smirked " One and only " he wrapped an arm around my waist " I'd move that arm back up if you still want one" I said looking at King, Dally knew King would attack anyone if I said and Dally wouldn't admit it but he loved King so he couldn't hurt King. He gave me a side glance moving his arm up to my mid-torso " King come here!" I yelled " Oh shit" me and dally said in sync as King jumped on us taking both of us down. King was licking Dally's face as Dal laughed trying get back up " wished I had a camera for blackmail ' Dallas Winston actually Laughs'" I mocked shoving King onto Dally fully " Yea yea whatever " He gasped from the weight of King "Up boy" I pulled King collar taking him off Dally , He stood up dusting his clothes off " What you doing here?" I asked " Can I not walk around now?" He glared then patting Kings head " you love him don't you " I teased he stood up his expression hardening " No" he bit his lip looking just pasted my ear instead of at me , and that's how you know Dal lying " you're lying " I smirked putting Kings leash back " Want go visit the Dx , Boy?" I said looking at King " eh not really " Dal said before realising I was talking to King I snickered hearing Dal mumble about how much he hates me.
We opened the door to DX " SPECIAL VISITORS!" I yelled walking into the garage " Who could be that spe- King!" Steve petted King " Who's special?" Soda said crawling out from under a car " KIIIING!!" He practically squealed hugging King " Looking good" Steve winked I smirked heading behind the counter for Pepsi " How's Johnny doing?" Dal leaned over the counter " He's doing fine. Relax Dal or you end up like Darry" I gulped down half the Pepsi giving the rest to Dally " You have bags under ya eyes" he pointed out sipping on the Pepsi " That ain't nice to say to a girl!" Soda scolded smothering King in hugs and kisses the same with Steve " pffft girl? Might as well be a man" Dally mocked I frowned " more of a man then you " I shot back Steve and soda went ' Ooooo' after I made that comment " I can show you something that proves I'm more of a man than you " he winked smirking I practically Gagged " What you're ego?" I raised an eyebrow jumping over the counter Dal grabbed my arm jerking me around to face him " I'd watch that mouth of yours" he growled his face inches away from mine " You know what dal?" I yanked my arm out his grip " You don't scare me anymore the only thing you are to me is an over-sized toddler " I kicked his shin earning a yelp from him I walked back over to king who was laying on his back getting his stomach rubbed " Stevie" I singsonged he looked up at he was sitting on the floor petting King " ya?" " Arm wrestle?" I smirked he quickly got up we both rested out elbow on the counter, Dal was still glaring at me I just ignored him " 3..2..1" soda counted and the wrestle started we both were pushed our hands against each other's with a death grip but our arms never moved. We both are straining then my arm slightly pushed his arm down he noticed this and quickly pushed back my arm going way more down than his " Steve you're- really... real strong " I strained my arm was getting sore " You too" he said slamming my arm down " CHAMPION!" He cheered throwing his arms in the air " Ugh no fair" I whined " awe too bad" Steve ruffled my hair like I was a kid before going back to work I remembered Lucas would do that too...