Chapter 6

Gloria -

We were going back to the Curtis's to get ready for a party that Bucks was having Darry had carried my bags from hospital. I had already gotten a shower scrubbing off any dried blood off me I was already dried and was just pulling my skirt on when the bathroom door opened I forgot lock it I spun around see Pony standing "Oh geez, I thought you'd finished- ermm sorry!" He blushed quickly slamming the door shut a couple seconds later hyenas laughter could be heard from the living-room I decided just wear a tight royal blue low cut top with a tight short mini skirt with my boots knowing I could get free drinks with this outfit throwing on my leather jacket exiting the bathroom "Took you long enough" Two-bit complained "well sorry but someone interrupted me getting dressed" I smirked looking at Ponyboy his cheeks turned bright red "time to go" Darry said opening the door we all got up and headed to Bucks "Gloria is it true Pony says you have great rack" Dally smirked "yep, but you'll never get see it " I replied "what about me?" Two-Bit said sliding an arm around me "wouldn't try that Two-Bit last guy did that got a broken wrist" Alex said lighting a smoke Two-Bit quickly removed his hand.

laughter, cheering and music could be heard entering the house we were greeted with smoke, booze, vomit and sweat heading to the bar I ordered drinks for everyone except Pony and Johnny I stood waiting for them when a man bumped into me almost spilling his drink on me "Oh sorry dol- Hey Gloria!" He said who was this he wasn't a greaser he looked like your typical punk. Bright purple mohawk dark tanned skin with amber eyes with studded denim jacket and ripped jeans "it's me! James you know J? Man its been years !" I remembered now "HEY! Sorry I didn't recognised its been ages and you've changed!" I smiled nudging him with my elbow James is an old friend of mine from Chicago "look who's talking look at you" he laughed bringing me into a bear hug "how come you're down here?" I asked grabbing the drinks James grabbing the rest we walked over to the table where the gang was sitting "been traveling around alot ya know just so happened to be here" he said smiling James was a good friend but also a big hood "who's that?" Sodapop asked taking a sip from his drink "This is James he's an old friend from Chicago he been traveling around and happened to be here" Taking a gulp from my drink "you have friends thought you only had one" dally said chugging down his "She does actually" James frowned "Hey Alex or Jason I don't know who I'm talking to" James said shaking Alex hand "Gloria I've gotta go find my friends before they leave without me, I'll talk whenever I see you" just like that he was gone I let out a sigh "Im gonna go dance" I stated heading to the dance floor.

After spending an hour or more dancing with strangers I decided find a corner where there wasn't too many people I leaned against the wall taking in the scenery the people "karaoke!" Someone on a mic shouted shortly after that at least half the people were sitting listening to people singing some good some were terrible I was about zone out when I saw Alex getting onto the stage music started playing I knew instantly it was Elvis in the ghetto it was his favourite. I smiled watching him sing dance getting the crowd to join in

Alex was really good at singing I told him he could be a singer but he shrugged it off saying he wasn't good looking enough and wouldn't be allowed cause his background. Which is true no one gonna hire someone with a criminal record "I want to dedicate this song to a good friend of mine" Alex said over the mic the music started to play yet again i knew this one 
Its was Elvis again his latest flame

"A very old friend came by today
'Cause he was telling everyone in town
Of the love that he just found
And Gloria's the name of his latest flame
He talked and talked and I heard him say
That she had the longest blackest hair
The prettiest green eyes anywhere
And Gloria's the name of his latest flame"

I was taken off guard he changed some lyrics to my name was this to Lucas as well? My eyes started to water I quickly wiped my eyes before anyone saw "Hey... erm you okay?" I looked to see it was darry "Im fine" I said looking back at Alex on stage still singing "Dally told us about your parents... and well I know how it feels so does soda and pony if you need talk you can come to us" He said quietly "thanks Darry" I smiled looking up at him then realised how short I looked Darry noticed as well he burst out laughing "oh come on im not that short" He just grinned at me "it's getting late me and my kid brothers have get up early feel free to crash at ours" he said walking back into the crowd to get soda and pony, Johnny probably be leaving as well.