Chap 13

I woke with a major headache I suddenly remembered that I had work I got up almost tripping over. The curtis brothers were all sitting just finishing breakfast " what time is it?" I asked a little nervous Darry looked over " almost elven what time you got work at?" He asked his eyebrows frowned " Shiiiit like 30 minutes ago" I stumbled into darry room grabbing some clothes and changing I wasn't gonna dress to
Impress so I just threw on a plain grey tank top and some ripped jeans with of course leather jacket I rushed out " Want me drop ya off?" Darry offered I agreed and we both quickly got in car I told him where it was, it was in town about 20 minutes away from Dingo.

I thanked Darry as I headed into the building it was real clean and professional looking I strutted down the hall I saw a door that said " Photoshoot" I assumed this is where I have to be I opened door and I was stunned at the sight so much was going people rushing about models already doing there shoots people working with the cameras others sitting chilling I realised I was the only greaser here. I walked over sitting in one of the seats suddenly a sophisticated woman walked up to me she had a pencil skirt on with shirt tucked into it, her hair was up in a bun she had glasses on she was real short and looked at least in 30 but boy did she look angry " You're Late!" She screamed causing everyone look at us " I know I am , first day as well terrible ain't it ." She went shout at me but I cut her off " In my defence Im hung over" I grinned I heard a few people cheer but quickly went back to work when angry midget turned to see who made the noise. a man walked up I know him he's the one who offered me then Job he's a photographer called Chris he wore a sweater with some dress pants the camera hanging from the strap around his neck " Hey Gloria glad you'd turn up " He smiled.

He dragged me to a table were a bunch of other people sat they were all dressed nice like Soc I grimaced at the thought, " this is Gloria she's the new model " Chris said introducing me I stood lighting a cancer stick with a monotone expression on this made them a little uncomfortable " would like sit down and maybe talk with us?" A blonde woman asked she was slightly chubby and had bright colourful makeup I looked at her directly " Not really but sure " I said sitting down on the chair backwards " Im Chloe" Chubby one said I nodded she began introducing everyone their were 5 people but I had already forgotten their names my headache was too sore to even bother to remember " tells us about yourself " a ginger man said I let out a dry laugh " where do I start? What to tell" I took another draw from my cancer stick inhaling the smoke then blowing out perfect smoke rings " growing up like your childhood " Chris said smiling his smile was real infectious cause I smiled back " didn't have one really, you didn't get play around much when you grew up on the streets on Chicago, Both parents greasers too young to be parents, they tried though " I looked over at one of the models he definitely looked like a Soc his whole look just said Soc his stupid face just said Soc everything just dripped Soc I gripped my the back of the chair my knuckles turning white " Oh. What was it like" Chloe said " What was it like? Hell..." I said everyone most of notice I didn't want talk about it " How did you get your er injuries " a other guy asked " got in a rumble " I dropped my finished cancer stick on the ground standing on it " a rumble? Like a fight" Chloe began panic a little I began telling them about how the fight started and in great detail the fight after I was done I couldn't help but smirk at their expressions " Wow... I could never do that, and you do that stuff a lot?" I just nodded " how old are you Gloria? You most be at least in you're 20's right I mean you're so mature and have a lot of experience " another girl said I was confused me 20? I shook my head " Man am I looking that bad?" They looked just as confused as me " I've recently turned 16 " I signed " wait what? I thought you were older cause of how you speak!" Chris said looking shocked " you're only 16 and you've been through so much" a girl said with sad eyes I stood up " let's get started before the angry midget shouts at us " they laughed as we headed to go start the photo shoot.