Chap 33

Flashback- age 8

I sit up in my bed hearing my mum and dad shouting at each hearing glasses break they fight about money, me and my sister I looked over to my sis she was still asleep thankfully a door slammed shut getting up hearing someone stomp around downstairs. I tiptoed my way down the stairs the last step making a groaning sound from the weight "Mum doesn't mean what she says, she does love you dad" I said quietly seeing my dad picking up glass his eyes glazed over and cold "Go back bed." He muttered cutting his hand on a shard but he didn't flinch he just sighed dumping the glass in the bin "I can't" I answered back playing with my long ebony hair "Mum, she loves you no matter what she says its true I know she hurts you but remember I love you too" My voice wavered a little my dad looked at me his eyes softened "Gloria you and your sister are they only reason I stay you know?" He said huskily his voice hoarse from shouting I nodded making my way slowly towards my dad he opened his arms embracing me into a hug "Sorry for waking you honey.." he said softly kissing my forehead I smiled "It's okay, just don't fight as much please" my dad sighed grabbing his keys and wallet "I'm gonna be out looking for your mother okay?" He glanced at me before shutting the front door as he left. Leaving me standing in a dark empty house.

I sat up in my bedroom yet again my mum and dad shouting. I felt a tear slide down my cheek quickly wiping it away "I can't take the noise anymore" I muttered quickly putting on my jacket and boots then a switchblade in my pocket I stomped my way downstairs and passed my parents. I strut down the street feeling eyes on me as if I was prey. "Shouldn't be walking on your own" a voice said behind me slowly turning around to see Sam and Cap I relaxed "Why you out on your own you know what happens to little girls" Sam scolded I frowned "I couldn't stand the noise okay, I don't want go back to that place but I don't have no choice or place" I cried "I stay for my sis and you guys" I started shake I couldn't keep in my emotions anymore and that's when I started bawling "Come on" Cap grabbed me taking me to Sam's and his place Cap lived with Sam because he actually doesn't have a house or family we're the only family he has no one knows who or what happened to his parents and that's what's fucked up no one knows not even them data bases with all the DNA they couldn't find them.

"Here you go sweetie" Sam said softly handing me a cup of tea "Sweetie? She's sour as a lemon" Cap joked sitting down beside me I let out a short laugh "What were they fighting about this time?" Sam asked moving my hair out my face "The usual.. Me my sister and money always them three." I sniffled "Sam, were mum and dad ever happy together?" I questioned Sam face brightened up "Of course, they were that lovey-dovey couple you know? They still are just a lot more worries" he patted my back I nodded sipping my tea the hot liquid burning my throat as it went down "Can I..get a" Cap interrupted "Don't need ask us" He smiled Sam and Cap brought me into a big comforting hug "Thanks" I smiled squeezing them as tight as I could "What about your sister?" Cap asked "I-I don't know, she still in that bubble you know?" I stuttered "Bubble?" "She's still innocent-ish" I twirled a lock of my hair "Your hair is so long doesn't it get annoying?" Sam asked watching me twirl my hair "Of course it does but you know what mums like" I said sourly.

Gloria- 12

I rushed out the house and down the street "Shit shit shit I'm late" I muttered to myself fixing my jacket I was late picking up my sister again. taking a sharp turn when I heard some shouting and arguing. Some kids from my gang and kids from The Latin King's gang were fighting "GLORIA" one noticed me rushing over I began pounding into one of the oldest Latin King kid. We were winning a Latin King kid brought out a knife stabbing another kid "NOOOOO!" I shouted quickly disarming the boy and pinning him to the alley wall I was too late I watched as a kid maybe around eleven drop to the ground red liquid pouring out him "It's never like the movies." A King kid said quietly we all stood around the now dead boy blood still oozed out him and down the alley path staining anything it touched "We need hide the body" I stated and began lifting the boy up "Why?" A kid from my gang asked "There will be war against The disciples and Latin Kings" A King kid answered we all quickly began dragging the body to the dumpster "Poor kid, Doesn't even get a proper burial" the oldest King kid said I nodded "Speak to no one about this, I've gotta go pick up a sis" I said sternly they all nodded then separated as if nothing happened.

I hurried my way to school my sis was standing outside the gate her jacket wrapped tightly around her small figure "What took you- is that blood?" She questioned eyes widened a little "Yea.. I got into a fight sorry" I half lied she easily accepted it "So..Have fun at school?" I asked glancing down at her "Mm it was okay, would be better if you actually came" she shot a small glare at me "You know I'm busy" I sighed looking around make sure no one was following us "Im busy, I was busy.. that's all I ever hear from you! Is the streets more important than your sister!" She screamed stomping her foot down "I-I I've got a lot stuff popping up, do you think I like selling drugs, ordering who gets jumped making sure The Latin King's stay on their side of town?" I folded my arm not even looking at her I couldn't "Fine, but we will talk about this later" she growled we made our way down the street not talking whenever I tried to make small talk she'd glare or walk ahead a little I sighed rubbing the back of my neck, when we entered the house she stormed her way upstairs without saying hey to mum "Whats up with your sister?" She asked inhaling the smoke from her cancer-stick "She's annoyed cause I was late" I replied dropping her bag down beside the door "Why were you late?" She questioned snubbing the cigarette out I groaned slipping off my coat "The Latin King's were fighting some of our boys" Walking upstairs to my room that I shared with my sister "Go away." She yelled throwing a pillow at me "This is my room to you idiot" picking up the pillow then throwing it back knocking her off the bed I let out a cackle "Shut up" she whined.

Gloria- age 15

I dragged my feet up to the now nearly empty house my eyes filled with water "Lucas.. you can't be dead" I let out a shaky breath opening the front door all the light were off and it was quiet "Mum?!" I yelled but got no reply dropping my bag and jacket down at the door "Mum!?" I yelled again I quickly ran upstairs "Please, please, don't be" I mumbled hoping she hasn't tried again I burst open her bedroom door "No no no mum" I cried out as my mum hung from the ceiling a noose around her neck "MUM" I shouted tugging at my hair "why.." I bawled standing looking at her lifeless body "You were all I had left" My voice was dry and hoarse. She was all I had left after dad death, my sister being taken away to our aunt's I didn't know what to do I grabbed the stool that was kicked over standing on it and taking out my switch and began cutting away at the rope "Im sorry mum I'm sorry" I kept repeating those words over an over the rope snapped her body dropped to carpet floor with a loud thud. I walked over to the house phone dialling Sam's house phone after a few rings he picked up "Hello?" He said cheerfully "Sam...She's gone she finally did it" I bawled shaking Sam made a noise then hung up I felt numb and empty I had nothing left slowly sliding the wall tucking my knees under my chin looking at my mum. "GLORIA!" Sam's voice was heard from downstairs then loud heavy footsteps as he ran up the stairs he came into the room stopping as soon as he saw mum's body "Come here, sweetie" he said softly stretching out his hand for me I took it bringing him into a hug "It'll be okay honey" he hushed rocking me side to side as I bawled into his chest he took into the living-room and called police I sat looking at the wall as people in uniforms rushed through the house then they carried my mums body out in a black body bag and into the van "Gloria..You okay?" Sam sat beside me handing me cup of hot coffee "I've lost two people today" I said quietly Sam glanced at me "Lucas died.." My voice cracked Sam sighed rubbing my back "Guess he couldn't fight the disease anymore" "I should've been there with him" I dug my nails into the couch gritting my teeth Sam didn't say anything he just sat quietly looking at the ground.