Chap 16

I felt drained and numb , I was forced to leave the hospital for my own good I had to phone Phoebe and tell her she broke down on the phone, I told her he died with a smile and Ima make sure he's buried in Chicago. It was late at night I opened the door to my house the gang was still there " Gloria what's wrong?" Johnny was the first to notice " where's Sam?" Pony asked I looked at them I felt like I was going to cry again , No don't no more crying I  thought to myself " Sam he's dead" The words pained to say " Oh... Gloria " Darry stood up bringing me into a hug  " how" soda said softly " Those Dam Soc! They jumped him!" I shouted anger started taking over me " He died with a smile on his face, He smiled no matter what happened even to death" I said in a shaky breath "Calm down , please " Darry said again " Someone's gonna pay and I know who did it" I growled " Bob" I spat the gang tensed up " I'm going out you all can stay here or Johnny can stay with one of you I'm not having him alone" I demanded kicking  the door  open " where you going!" Someone shouted but I was already halfway down the street.
I walked around no one was out It was peaceful I couldn't stop thinking about Sam and my folks So much has happened within a month, I will not cry again Im done with crying "If you get tough no one can hurt you" as my Dad would say, I ended back at bucks I stormed in people looking at me  just as I was about get to the bar when some drunk thought he could touch me , I span around punching him in the jaw knocking him down " What you think you're doing broad!" Another drunk shouted soon 4 drunks circled me people moved out the way to watch , I'm itching for a fight I quickly grabbed one head butting him then punching him in the ribs he yelled out doubling over, another charged at me I picked up a pool cue smacking it over the guys head breaking it in half now I have two sharp sticks, I stabbed one into his shoulder and the other one in the leg of the drunk that tried get behind me. They both hollered in pain the forth one looked terrified he smashed a bottle and tried slash me with it I took the blade out of my boot and stabbed it into his stomach before kicking him down . I looked at the crowd they all started cheering some patted my back before going back to drinking, I walked over to Buck at the bar " Strong" I said he just nodded before bringing out the the strong liquid I had before with the blueish tinge. He slid  me the glass  I downed it slamming it down " another " I demanded sliding the glass back. This happened for a couple more shots before I decided I've had enough I paid then left Bucks. I was surprisingly not drunk or even tipsy just more angry. I stalked down the street looking for something to do I saw a large  house there was no one around so I very quietly walked up to the front door luckily it was unlocked I tiptoed in, there was a man passed out on the couch the tv still on I quickly checked his pockets I found his wallet I opened it looking through it My eyes widened it was filled to the brim with Cash " For darry" I muttered putting the wallet in my pocket before sneaking up stairs, I opened a door it was a bathroom so I didn't go in I opened another door finding a bedroom a women was sleeping in.  I began raiding through draws taking anything worth value I heard footsteps I froze " Mummy I can't sleep" a little girl voice could be heard in the hall I walked out " who are you?" She said sleepily " I'm no one important " I said crouching down to her level " everyone's important " she said again in her high pitched voice I let out a very quiet laugh , how cute " can you not sleep as well?" Is she not worried that a stranger is in her house " no I can't" She grabbed my hand pulling me to her room " How old are you?" I asked leaning against a wall she turned on her little lamp beside her bed . She had brown hair with amber eyes and was tanned " I'm eight" she said looking at me " how come you can't sleep?" I asked lighting a cancer stick " Nightmare , and Smoking is bad for you!" She whispered yelled " I know it is " I chuckled " how come you can't sleep miss" so polite I frowned " I've had a bad day that's all" I looked out the window it was beautiful the moon was shining, bright stars scattered the sky " Do you wanna talk about it? It's better to talk about stuff then keeping it bottled up " she said sweetly hugging a teddy I glanced back at her " My brother died today " my voice broke I cursed myself for that " I'm sorry for your loss miss" she looked down feeling bad for asking " Call me Gloria, sweetie" I sat down on the bed " I'm Elizabeth" she smiled her cheeks turning red " Gloria.. are you a greaser?" She asked I nodded blowing smoke out my room  " My parents say Greasers are mean and dangerous, but you seem friendly and nice" she giggled " I am mean and dangerous though, but thank you for saying that liz" I ruffled her hair she let out a yawn " Elizabeth, who are you talking to?" A women voice said footsteps walking out the other room, Elizabeth quickly turned off the lamp laying down in bed I rushed over to the window " Can you come visit again?" She whispered I looked at her " I'll try no promises though kid" I chuckled before climbing out the window making sure it was shut before climbing down the pipe. I dropped to the ground with a soft thud I smiled looking back up at the window Cute kid I began walking back down the street my anger was gone I decided I should head home now.