Chap 27

I haven't seen Tim after that incident or Curly for that matter. None of the gang really, I was drinking more as well haven't heard from Cap and Martha either which I was glad of because lately I've been getting lots flashbacks as well memories I've been trying forget. I'm mess, jobless as well I grumbled chugging down another glass "Hey doll" a new york accent said behind me "Hey Dal" I let out a long sigh feeling drained "Rough day?" he asked pulling a stool up beside me "more than a day" I slouched over onto the bar counter the bartender giving me looks "why? what's up?" he ordered another set of drinks "Just trying forget old memories you know?"  he just nodded in response "like what?" he questioned a slight smirk appearing on his lips "Just a girl in Chicago I knew as a kid" I sat up hearing my bones crack as I did "Oh?" his smirk getting bigger "tomorrows her birthday and her anniversary" I looked at my bruised knuckles picking at the scabs "I'm guessing this girl isn't err you know" He said sipping his drink I nodded the memories of that day flooded my mind "wanna talk about it?" he asked softly I looked up he didn't have his usual hard look "Well when I was 6 me and this girl Emily her names was I will never forget it.. Our friendship was a secret because Emily was a Soc" I paused waiting to see if Dally would make any remarks about me being friends with a Soc but he didn't. "It was her birthday I was taking her to a place I went to relax it was an construction site so we snuck in we were shoving each other playing around and I shoved too hard.." I took in a shaky breath closing my eyes "It's okay take it easy" Dally said awkwardly putting a hand on my shoulder I nodded "I shoved too hard and Emily fell into a hole with a burst water pipe her foot was stuck I couldn't get her out... I tried and tried but nothing worked she was in pain I promised I would get help but who was gonna help a greaser? no one could know of our friendship it'd hurt our reps... " my voice was shaky and brittle I squeezed my glass tightly my knuckles turning white Dally noticed and pried my hand off the glass then moved closer so our shoulders were touching he put an arm on my shoulder "All I could do was watch my friend in pain having no control what so ever, my last words to her were 'I'm Sorry I can't' the water was pulling her under but Emily she smiled her golden hair sticking to her face her skin icy cold and blue her green eyes still shone and all she said back was 'you are a good friend and person' then a huge mount of water came and swept her away" I finished on the verge of tears Dally was quiet none of us said anything "You should go get some sleep kid you look like a racoon" He said finally getting up "pfft sleep" I rolled my eyes " Sleep or I'll skin you" he threatened I chuckled getting up leaving Buck's.

I sat in the living-room it was 5 o'clock and it was already dark. I was watching a cheesy horror. Beer bottles littered the floor a almost finished cigarette was held loosely in my hand ash falling onto the ground the front opened as Johnny Pony and Curly stumbled in laughing "Gloria look at this mess turn on some lights" Pony exclaimed flipping on the light switch I covered my eyes letting out a groan "Jeez you look a mess" Johnny looked at me "You stink of drink as well go shower" He demanded I sneered getting up wobbling a little feeling tipsy I glanced at Johnny except it was Emily my eyes widened my mouth dropped "Emily" I whispered my eyes watered "who?" Johnny said I blinked frantically and the image of Emily disappeared. "Nothing" I dragged myself up stairs into the bathroom. After the cold shower I did feel fresher and sobered up I wrapped the towel around myself walking into my bedroom "Such a mess" I huffed grabbing my dark blue sweater with black jeans and knee high boots I couldn't be bothered drying my hair so I walked back down the stairs Johnny and Pony were cleaning up while Curly sat on the couch "How you boys been?" I asked heading into the kitchen "Why don't you be useful and get me a beer doll?" Curly shouted from his place in living-room Pony and Johnny frowned "Don't Speak to-" I interrupted them "It's fine" I opened the fridge grabbing a beer and a sandwich that was left "Cheers Doll" Curly said eyes glued to the TV I stood at the doorway holding the beer and shovelling the sandwich into my mouth "AY Where's ma beer?" Curly demanded snapping his attention at me I smirked "here" was all I said as I threw the bottle at him it just missed him and smashed on the wall behind him "Don't come into my house and treat me like a dog... okay Shepard" he sunk into the seat on the couch as I marched over "Do you understand Shepard don't push my buttons" I got right up to his face his eyes widened he nodded his head frantically I rolled my eyes plopping back down on my place on the couch Pony and Johnny sat beside me Curly on the opposite end "You still mad at me?" Johnny whispered I glanced over "Where have you been staying" I quizzed he looked down "The Lot" he sounded ashamed I clenched my jaw "You have a HOUSE here just because I'm mad doesn't mean you sleep outside" I grabbed his face forcing him to look at me "I.AM.NOT.MAD" I stated he smiled engulfing me in a hug I hugged back squeezing him tightly tucking my head into his neck. "Darry is mad at you" Pony said biting his lip I raised an eyebrow "He asked where I got the money and I kind of told" he stuttered raising his shoulders "it's fine " I smiled seeing the relief wash over his face "Tim still mad?" I smirked remembering me embarrassing Tim in Dingo "For a whole day he cursed you out. word got around about the thing which didn't help" Curly said resting an arm on Pony I looked at them smirking a little before turning my attention to the TV.