Chapter One: Waking Up

Fallout Equestria: The Last Wanderer

Chapter One: Waking Up

Blood.

The taste of blood was in my mouth; the strong stings of scars on my face were felt. The smell of wet soil drifted under my nose. As my eyes flickered open, I found myself face down in a small puddle of dirty water, my head throbbed with an aching pain and blood dripped from a wound on the front of my head.

As I lifted myself onto my hooves, I saw the world around me twist and turn. What the hell happened to me? I began walking over to a gate covered in wooden panels, the cave I was in was dripping with water and spiders were seen crawling in and out of the cracks in the rocks.

"Ugh, what the fuck happened to me? Who did this?" I started limping towards the gate, stepping in some of the dirty puddles. "I need to get some air, I can barely breathe!" I started to cough; it was too confined in here. "Damn claustrophobia."

As I opened the gate, the light blinded me. It was as if someone flashed a torch in my face. As the blinding light died down, I saw a ravaged land. Buildings were destroyed with huge piles of rubble next to them; the sky was a sickly green and dust glided in the air from the calm breeze. My blood-soaked, dirt covered and drenched Stable 30 jacket was starting to stink, it stunk of puke and blood. I began gagging and coughing at the stench.

I limped down the hill slowly, nearly falling over a couple of times. Tumbleweed slowly rolled across with the wind and my dishevelled, dirt covered mane danced in the breeze. I managed to trip myself up, landing face down on a cracked road. Some blood was seen after the fall, but not too much. I lifted myself back onto my hooves, looking around at the Wasteland before me.

From what I was told as a foal, Equestria wasn't described to anything like this. Where the grassy plains, the butterflies, the blue sky...where was any of that? The fresh air that was said to be there was gone. The irradiated air was horrible to breathe in; it was my first time inhaling the oxygen of the outside world into my lungs. There was a foul stench in the air, obviously caused by the radiation and it wasn't my jacket.

I slowly began trotting down the crooked road, seeing no Ponies out in the ravaged plains. No help, no weapons, no food...nothing. The only thing I had was my PipBuck, but the screen was too dirty for me to see anything. It was covered in dry, dirty stains from the puddle I was in with large splats of dry dirt that seemed to stick onto the screen. The metal on the PipBuck was rusted and brown.

As I edged down the path, I saw a sign stating a town was nearby. That put a small smile on my face, the only thing I could do was hope it was populated.

The sign said:

Everfree Shanty Village, 2 miles

"A shanty town? It's better than nothing at all." As I progressed, the shanty town came into sight. The steel they used looked new, as if the town was recently built. Ponies had got to be here. By the entrance to the village were a couple of few sandbags, for cover of course. Also two guards on each side, they were both a dark grey color, and they were wearing Stable Security armor. They carried Combat Shotguns with their magic, looking at me as I drew closer.

"Halt! State your business traveller!" The one of the left aimed the barrel of his Combat Shotgun at me, preparing to fire if needed.

"I'm just passing through; maybe to get some water and some food...maybe also to see a doctor." I explained calmly.

"Hmm, you don't look like Raider material. Hell you don't even look combat worthy, okay you can pass through. But before you do, if you do happen to be carrying anything lethal, give them to us." He stated, levitating his Shotgun onto the floor, showing that he won't shoot.