Chapter Seven: The Service Tunnels

Fallout Equestria: The Last Wanderer

Chapter Seven: The Service Tunnels

I stood at the doorway which leads to hundreds, maybe even a thousand underground tunnels. Some caved in, and some infested with all sorts of dangers. But it was the only way we could go. I walked towards the door, observing the rusted metal upon it. I tested the door, but it was locked. I looked around for a terminal, but I saw nothing. I reached into my bag and pulled out a bobby-pin and began to pick the lock on the door.

"Tornado, are you sure that will work?" Crystal observed me, looking down at me. Dodge was behind her, keeping guard just in case anymore Alicorn's came after us.

"Positive, this isn't too hard to crack open, I've just got to find the soft spot." I responded, focusing on the lock.

Click!

The door was unlocked; I got back onto my hooves and pressed the button to open the door. It opened up with a loud screech from the rusted metal, revealing a long wide path that was poorly lit and had the odd corpse within it too.

Dodge turned to us and came back to us, looking around. He stood by the doorway.

"The coast is clear back there, come on let's push forward." He spoke, stepping into the tunnel.

"Of course." I responded, looking towards Crystal and tilting my head towards the tunnel, insisting that she should go first. She nodded and walked into the tunnel, I then followed in after her. Just in case, I pressed the button to close the door and then quickly followed after them.

"You do know where you're going, don't you Dodge?" Crystal asked him, falling behind to trot with me. It's as if the conversation we had last night made her move closer to me. Maybe because she wanted to make sure everything was fine, or maybe to the fact that she felt guilty for not understanding. Either way, I was grateful.

"Of course I do, I know a lot of these tunnels, before I became a sheriff I had to come down here a lot." He responded to Crystal, glancing back at us. "Just follow my lead, and you'll be fine."

I was slightly worried, well by slightly I mean incredibly worried. It's always the ones who sound like they know the way, that get Ponies lost. These tunnels could be infinite, they could go on forever. We came towards our first fork in the road within the tunnels.

"It's straight ahead." Dodge said confidently, "come on." He began to trot ahead, which lead to a slope downwards. As we ventured on, many piles of rubble were seen and holes within the ceiling were seen. The tunnels could collapse onto us at any second.

"Dodge, this doesn't look safe." I examined the rubble we passed and the holes within the ceiling.

"It's fine, Tornado, I assure you. We'll be fine." He glanced back at me with a smile and then continued onwards. We reached the end and we were presented with another doorway. This time, the door had been ripped off and casted aside.

"What's down here exactly?" Crystal slowly stepped over the steel door. I followed her closely, but landing horribly on the hoof that was on the side of my damaged ribcage. Crystal came to help me instantly, catching me before I fell. She looked into my eyes with an encouraging smile.

"You do not want to know you two. Although, it's unlikely we'll run into anything big." He chuckled to himself lightly, waiting for us to catch up. "The bigger things wander in the lower levels."

"Well, we can't afford to get into any combat, Tornado's still injured." Crystal used some of her magic on me to help me walk. How it did feel weird, it really helped me. I wasn't stumbling as much as I was and I could safely walk without doing more damage.