Chapter Eight: The Manehatten Outskirts

Fallout Equestria: The Last Wanderer

Chapter Eight: The Manehattan Outskirts

Light.

A very bright light flashed before my eyes, and the sound of my own gasp was heard. As the blinding light died down, I saw the thick clouds of the Wasteland sky and the sickly green tint of daylight. I sat up, slightly, noticing that I was on my own. I seemed to be in some ruins, where tall, ancient buildings stood and where Pre War markets stood with their windows completely shattered. How the hell did I get here?

I noticed in the distance, a large, steel wall was seen. It looked like somepony was trying to block something, out of a city. And then I noticed, it was Manehattan. I noticed Crystal in the distance, carrying many scavenged goods in her medical bag. I saw a bright smile on her face when she faced me. I smiled back, but with a weak, sickened smile.

"Finally awake Tornado?" Those were the first words she said to me? For being unconscious for hours upon hours, that was a bit crap. But without showing any-form of sarcasm I just nodded lightly.

"How long was I out?" I asked, looking around the Wasteland.

"A few hours, me and Dodge carried you here. We literally just arrived here." She commented, passing me some food and drink. The food was irradiated, I could tell by the color, but the water was purified. I picked it up, taking off the cap and sniffing at it.

"A few hours huh? Certainly doesn't feel like it." I responded, taking a sip of the water. The fresh taste of water rehydrated me instantly. "It feels like days." I then took a big chug of the water and swallowed it in one gulp. I looked at Crystal.

"Look, you feel okay now, right?" Crystal looked at me with concern coming over to me.

"Of course I do, I needed the rest." I got back onto my hooves, "I'm not hungry." The radiation made it harder for me to eat anything. I've had radiation in me before and it is not a nice feeling. Crystal followed me as I trotted towards the large wall, blocking the city off from anypony outside of it.

"Dodge has gone to scavenge items; I sure hope he's okay." Crystal admitted, "We can't exactly expect to survive out here when it's just the two of us."

"Crystal he'll be fine, if he can keep a town safe, he can keep himself safe." Well, not counting the moment when we found him outside of Stable 55, unconscious and badly battle damaged. As I edged closer to the wall, I noticed many Steel Ranger guards and also a familiar face there too. Elder Lockhart. Dodge also made a return, with no items scavenged. It's as if where he went, Ponies had already grabbed what they could get.

"I couldn't find anything." Dodge frowned and sat onto the hard, dusty ground, "The only thing I found was some caps, but not many."

"It's better than nothing right?" I spoke optimistically. "Now come on, let's get moving." I trotted up to Elder Lockhart and the first thing he did was smile.

"Oh Celestia, thank heavens you're alive. And I see you've found a friend. But you never told me your names." Lockhart sighed slightly.

"I'm Tornado." I spoke out, and looked at Crystal. "And these two are Crystal, and this is my new recruited gunslinger, Dodge." Dodge nodded as a greeting.

"Well it is surely nice to meet you all. And that reminds me; apparently you all infiltrated Stable 55 and managed to get out alive." He glanced at me especially.

"How do you know that?" I looked at him, "you weren't there were you?"

"No, it's been all over the radio. Don't those PipBucks come with radios?" Lockhart looked confused slightly.