Chapter Five: Visions

Fallout Equestria: The Last Wanderer

Chapter Five: Visions

It wasn't long until we reached another settlement, this one wasn't exactly one built for the living. This was a small Ghoul Pony village built around the abandoned Stable, Stable 55. This small town wasn't on the map due to it being one of the first to be hit by a Megaspell; no Pony ever came back here. This once lovely town was known as Greenshire, now it is known as Ghoulshire. As we entered, the Ghouls shot us some looks.

One particular Ghoul Pony trotted up to us. His wings were completely blown off, the bones that would support his wings were decaying and his eyes were a pale grey. The remains of his mane were a blonde color and his now fleshy and disintegrating coat was a brown color.

"A normal Pony? A fresh, normal Pony?" His throat sounded dry, he looked slightly surprised to see us both. "And you're not trying to kill us." His mouth quivered into a smile. "We haven't seen Ponies like you in many years."

"What do you mean Ponies like us?" I asked curiously, staring at his mouldy face.

"Well, most fresh Ponies like you are Raiders and shit. They never come by, but whenever we leave this place, they all try and kill us." He responded, the smile remaining on his face. "I haven't seen fresh faces like yours come down to see us Ghouls in a long time."

"Well, I don't know why they would kill you." Crystal spoke softly; she walked to the Ghoul smiling reassuringly. "I have known many Ghouls in my time and I think all of you are nice."

"You really think so?" The Ghoul responded looking at her, "you really can look past how we look?" He nodded his head. "Thank you."

"It's no problem." She kept the elegant tone of her voice; she looked at me with the smile. "Am I right Tornado?"

"Of course." I said, putting on a slightly fake smile. God, the way he looked made me want to throw up, but I'll be honest here he sure is the first nice Ghoul I've seen in a while.

"I think it's about time I told you both my name, the name's Shade, I am nothing special really. I'm just some Ghoul trying to live out his life, and living here seems pretty nice." He stepped aside, revealing the remains of buildings. "I'm pretty sure everypony knows about the history of this town, even when you're a Stable-Dweller." He pointed to the jacket I was wearing.

"Interesting, so you built a town within these ruins?" I asked, looking at the shanty houses and rubble houses and the Ghouls wandering around.

"Not me, we did. All of us, as a team built this town together." He smiled proudly, "we had all the resources and items to build with at the time, so we thought we would claim it before anypony else did." His smile then turned into a frown. "I've heard that the Resistance wants us out of here."

"The Resistance?" I asked curiously, I looked at Crystal to see if she would know. She took a step forward and sighed.

"The Resistance is a faction who is against both the Steel Rangers and The Grand Pegasus Enclave." Crystal spoke out. "They don't serve under any of them; they'll kill any Steel Ranger or Enclave unit that comes within a five mile radius."

"Yes, that's what they are!" Shade responded, waving a hoof. "They have been sticking posters up about eliminating the Ghoul threat, Pah! All they can do is try." A smile came across his face again. "Follow me you two, let's take our conversation somewhere else."

We both nodded as he began leading the way through the destroyed town that was once Greenshire. We passed many Ghouls in poverty and some living in shanty huts, even some in the old, destroyed buildings. We came to a certain hut; this one was made of bamboo sticks, which were much like the Zebra huts from the Equestria before today. These bamboo sticks were rotten and decaying.