Chapter Four: The Steel Rangers

Fallout Equestria: The Last Wanderer

Chapter Four: The Steel Rangers

The cavern we were in was lit up from the sunlight, seeping through the hole in the ceiling of it. I took a step forward, examining the area around us. I managed to spot a fairly large entrance into a cavern on the top right hand side of me. The only question I asked myself was, how do we get up there?

"Look, we can try and climb our way up. The cavern is bound to lead to somewhere." I said, walking towards the uneven rocks. I attempted to climb up, but after getting half way up I fell. I used my wings to steady my fall and looked up at it in defeat. "Dammit!"

"Maybe you could fly." Crystal suggested, "And then, you can reach down for me and I use my magic to latch onto your hoof and pull myself up."

I grinned at her and patted her back, "sounds like a plan to me." I took flight, flying upwards slowly and landing onto the ledge. I reached down for Crystal, preparing for her to use her magic to latch onto my hoof. Her horn glowed and then I felt a gripping feel on my hoof, she managed to climb up and when she reached the top, her horn stopped glowing.

We trotted into the fairly large cavern. There were pools of radiation in the holes and ditches in the dirt, there were also piece of decaying rock on the floor. This indicated an exit nearby. I felt a breeze gently stroke my face; I closed my eyes to embrace it and then slowly opened them.

"I think there's an exit nearby, where we see light...that'll be where it is." I activated the light on my PipBuck before proceeding into the darkness of the cavern. I started to look around at the poorly lit up area caused by my PipBuck, the green light from the PipBuck reflected of something in the darkness.

"Look!" Crystal pointed out as she stood beside me, "what's that?!" She started to walk slowly into the darkened area to where the reflection was coming from.

"What can you see?!" I called over to her, she was consumed by the darkness and the hoofsteps echoed in the cave. I tried moving closer slightly to see if I could see it.

CLUNK!

"There's something here!" She levitated what she found to her side and walked back into the green light, she was carrying a Steel Ranger helmet.

"Hey, it's a helmet of one of those Steel Rangers we saw." I said, taking a look at it. It was blood stained and scratched, with one of the lenses cracked as if a bullet went through it.

"That means they're here too, come on we have to hurry." She dropped it back onto the floor, "stay close." She began walking ahead; I managed to keep up with her. I looked around for anything else and I found a Sparkle-Cola bottle. I quickly went to look for any liquid inside, but it was empty. Dammit, I'm thirsty and hungry; there'd better be food nearby.

"Seen anything?" I asked curiously, looking around. We saw a small light ahead and heard echoing talking. Crystal instantly pulled me down to the ground.

"Turn off the light." She groaned, looking where she heard them. She saw silhouettes of Ponies in heavy armor. It looked like they were looking around for any items or bodies.

"Have you found anything yet Violet?" A stallion's voice asked, the other Pony responded and looked at him.

"Not yet, keep searching." A mare's voice responded, "Maybe there are some weapons nearby, come on." They began making their way down to us, their hooves making a clanking noise with each step. They saw the light on our bodies and walked over to us. "Hey, you there!" I looked up at the Steel Ranger.