Chapter Fourteen: Back Into the Dark

Fallout Equestria: The Last Wanderer

Chapter Fourteen: Back Into the Dark

Friends.

We all had some right? Friends couldn't be there without enemies, am I right? The two new snipers called Swift and Cyber seemed awfully proud of killing one Raider out of a whole group. Still, at least they didn't try and kill us at all. Crystal seemed curious about why they were out here in the first place.

"You do know you could have just flown away and left us to die!" Crystal irritably said, "You didn't exactly save us, since you only killed one Raider out of around ten!" Thank you Crystal for telling them. I really wanted to hug her for that.

"We could have, but did we? No, we didn't – however that Raider was going to kill one of you at least," the bucks eyes slowly centered on me. I looked to the side a bit before letting out a sigh. Okay, maybe Crystal wasn't right after all.

I turned to Crystal before frowning slightly, seeing the anger filled expression on her face slowly turn to me, "he's right you know. If he didn't kill the Raider, I would be dead."

"See! At least he has some common sense!" Swift blurted out, scratching his ear with his hoof, "now, where are you folks heading?" The red buck's Sniper Rifle slowly rocked around as he landed onto the ground with a smirk.

"Sunnyvale," I simply responded, "why'd you ask?" At that moment Cyber and Swift looked to each other with a couple of snickers before looking back at me with a grin.

"And your reason is? Surely you wouldn't kill yourself because your own curiosity drove you towards the battlefield," Cyber then began to speak, taking a step forward and raising a brow as he did, "you'll need a bigger army than that and I bet none of you can use Sniper Rifle quite like us."

"Are you requesting to join us?" I asked, also raising a brow of my own. I began to walk to them, examining their weapons upon their saddles. The unique design of the Sniper Rifles consisted of a mechanical look. The scope upon the rail at the top covered in the same material, while containing a murky green scope.

Swift walked to me with a small smirk, "maybe we are, yes. Cyber does have a point; you surely cannot enter Sunnyvale with a party like that!" He exclaimed, placing a hoof to his face, "it is suicide. Have you been living under a rock or something?"

Wasn't it obvious? I had been living in a Stable. Especially since my now completely wet and dirty jumpsuit even said I was a resident. But all they did was chuckle; Violet took a step forward, examining their guns also before looking up at them with a glare.

"Just one rule. I think we can all agree on this, no backstabbing – or I'll kill you both myself," Violet obviously wanted to inflict fear into the hearts of the brothers, but all they did was chuckle lightly and roll their eyes.

"So where are we heading now?" Dodge spoke out, looking out into the Wasteland which was now being bombarded by the violent storm, "surely we're not continuing in this weather!"

"You're right...but if we want to get there sooner rather than later, we're going to have to face the storm, mate," Swift flew to his side, before landing, "by the way, what are your names? If we're going to travel, we have to know names."

I then introduced myself with a raised eyebrow, once saying my name; I pointed and spoke the names of my fellow companions out.

Beginning to slowly trot back down the cliff, we ensured that we stuck close to each other; the two Snipers remained in front to scout ahead. With the storm calming down slightly, Cyber and Swift flew up, before looking down the scopes of their rifles and then giving us all the heads up of what's ahead. They glanced down to us and nodded slowly, but remained above us so they could scout more.