Chapter Seventeen: Friendship

Fallout Equestria: The Last Wanderer

Chapter Seventeen: Friendship

"Good evening, my listeners! How are all of you doing on this fine evening? I'm feeling great just in case you were wondering.

"It is that time of day again, listeners. That's right. It's just struck the nineteenth hour of the day -- it's news time, listeners.

"I have just received news on our little hero, Tornado. The Stable Wanderer. And it ain't good news, listeners. Not only did he have his eye torn out of its socket, and lost his good ol' buddy named Dodge, but rumor has it, he has been captured by a Slave Trader while they were all sleeping in the cave that they decided to set up camp in for the night...

"If these rumors are true, this Wasteland is doomed I tell ya'. Look. Tornado, if you're listening to this on your little PipBuck device, we've got your back and believe me on this one, you can fight your way through it. We know you've been through a lot of tough shit and I know through personal experience, it ain't nice. Just remember, Tornado... we love you. We love you a ton -- without you, my radio would be the most boring thing in the Wasteland and nopony would ever want to listen. Not only that, but you've done the world a good and we appreciate it.

"We wish you the best of luck, buddy..."

Unknown.

I woke up, feeling my head throb violently and I could barely remember anything before now. As my vision focus and my eyes adjusted to the dark, I found myself inside what seemed to be a large carriage. It was pure black and the surface below my hooves was wooden. The wood was not smooth, it was chipped, and also stabbed gently into my skin. The only light in the cart was from my PipBuck and the green light only revealed so little of what was around me. The brown wood that was visible in the glow looked old and flakey in some parts, and there were small cracks in the structure, allowing moonlight to seep through.

The items I used to be carrying were taken from me. The only thing I still was wearing was my Stable Jacket, that of which coated in blood that was not my own. Large rips were around the chest area and on the leg which had my PipBuck on, revealing my scruffy, blue fur underneath.

And my limbs. I couldn't move them. All of my hooves were tied up, and the same for my wings. The funny thing was, I couldn't really remember how I got like this. One minute, I was mourning the death of my friend and the next, I'm here. I felt alone and indeed I was alone. I was separated from my friends and I really had no idea how.

The sound of hooves clopping against the crooked roads and the sound of the wheels screeching as the metal axles that held them was all I could hear aside my own breathing and the gentle breeze of the Wasteland's atmosphere only just made its way through the cracks. The sound of other carts gathering by the one I was in was heard from just outside and the rough road below it began to take a toll. The car was swaying, turning me into a ragdoll as I began to bump against the sides.

I groaned softly.

Wherever my friends were, I was not. And that scared me the most. Not only had I watched a pony die before hours before all of this, but I had now lost contact with my friends and that made matters worse from this point. The same solitary feeling that I felt on day one came flooding back in, only this time, it felt painful inside my heart. I had friends and now I was potentially separated from all of them... maybe forever.

The car began to tilt and bump in the potholes in the road below the carriage, now launching me into the air slightly and making me hit the splintered, wooden ceiling. With a yelp, I felt the sharp wooden flakes jab into my back and I fell back onto my stomach. I felt a small portion of my blood drip from the wounds created in both my wings and my spine. It hurt. Not like a bruised feeling, but more of the feeling of having your spine torn from your body.