Chapter Three: Radigators

Fallout Equestria: The Last Wanderer

Chapter Three: Radigators

As we grew closer to New Appleloosa, the darkness closed in on us. The night was drawing in, and I believed Crystal. I doubt we'd want to be out here after dark. We arrived at New Appleloosa having a warm welcome into the village, a brown Earth Pony stallion with a creamy long mane and tail came up to us with a smile. He took off his hat and kept his smile on.

"Howdy there travelers, welcome to New Appleloosa. How can I help you fine folks today?" He spoke with a jolly smile across his face.

"We just need a place to stay." I responded. "Maybe some food as well." I looked around at the small town and looked at the map on my PipBuck. It said 'New Appleloosa'.

"A place to stay you say? The inn has a couple of rooms, not of the best of quality of course...but it is good enough." He pointed to the inn. "My name's Sheriff Dodger, but everypony calls me Dodge."

"What things do you normally do, Dodge?" I asked curiously, walking a bit closer to him. He put the hat back on his head and tipped it slightly.

"I make sure the town stays safe, I keep Raiders, Alicorns, Ghoul Ponies, Slavers out...well pretty much anything that brings harm to our town." He frowned slightly, "I can't always stop them attacking, sometimes I need help...but it's never there. Either the Deputy is drunk off of his ass, or he's out getting food." He looked over to the inn, "well it was nice talking to you travellers, I hope you enjoy your stay." With that, the sheriff trotted away, back to duty.

We walked to the inn, I opened the door for her and she nodded at me as a thank you. I followed her in, we saw many Ponies drinking together and laughing. It all seemed friendly, I still had some Raider blood on my face and coat, and so some stopped and stared at me. It was either pity or disgust.

"Just ignore the stares Tornado, let's just keep moving." Crystal spoke under her breath, walking to the counter. I glared at the Ponies staring, as I did they looked at my PipBuck and began to chuckle to themselves.

"Howdy there!" The barpony called over to us, "welcome to Appleloosa." Crystal and I walked over, sitting down on the decaying stools. The leather padding was torn and hard and the metal holding the stools was rusted.

"Well, everything has been great so far...apart from the staring eyes of your customers." I wiped some blood off of my face and wiped it on my jacket.

"So, you're one of them Stable Folk?" She asked, instantly noticing the jacket. "How'd you get out?" She leaned on the counter, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know, I just...woke up outside the Stable." I said, hanging my head low. "I have no idea how, or why I did...I just did."

"Never mind sugarcube, now what would you folks like?" She looked at us both with a smile, "Apple Cider? Sparkle-Cola? Sunrise Sarsaparilla?"

"I'll have an Apple Cider, and if it's okay...can I have something to eat?" I asked calmly. "I haven't eaten since...I don't know when; I just haven't eaten all day."

"I'll have what he's having." Crystal smiled and then looked at me with a slightly concerned look on her face. "Tornado, what's the matter?" She whispered, gently stroking my back.

"Them, they stare at me as if I'm an animal, it's only blood." I looked up at the balcony above us, the walls were a maroon color, the counter was a wooden brown color and so were the floor boards. There were a couple above us, kissing. It actually made me angry to see that, so I looked down.

"Tornado, please...ignore them." She gave me a nuzzle gently, "I promise, once we're in our room, you won't see them."

"Our room?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "You mean, us two...in a room, together?" I chuckled slightly, "I thought we'd be in our own rooms."