Chapter Nine: A City under Siege

Fallout Equestria: The Last Wanderer

Chapter Nine: A City under Siege

The following day, the storm had passed. I awoke in the same place, in the same cave from the previous day. I noticed all of my companions asleep on the ground too; none of them had left the cave. It was time to move onto Manehattan and assist the Rangers at battle. I got onto my hooves, turning off the PipBuck's light before shaking all of my companions awake one by one.

Once they were all awake, I checked the outside world noticing the storm had passed. I exited the cave and was back out onto the Wasteland.

"Come on, the coast is clear." I commented before trotting my way back to the Manehattan wall. They all followed closely with Violet trotting ahead of all of us. She obviously wanted to get back before the Alicorn's took over Manehattan. When we reached Manehattan, the security had doubled. This wasn't a good sign; this showed that The Steel Rangers were losing the fight.

I trotted myself up to Elder Lockhart, with the others following as I trotted alongside Violet. The gate looked dinted slightly, as the Rangers had built some defences such as exterior walls to the wall itself.

"Lockhart!" Violet called out, Lockhart turned to face the mare before walking up to her and preventing her from walking any closer to the wall.

"I'm sorry Violet, you and your friends cannot pass this wall. It's too dangerous!" He called back to her and looked towards me. "I'm sorry."

"Why not?" Crystal asked, "I mean sure they might have doubled in forces, but we want to help!"

"Yeah, we want to help y'all in battle!" Dodge smiled reassuringly, "give us the chance to help your Rangers!" Dodge looked at them with a hopeful look. Lockhart shook his head in disagreement.

"No, I can't risk the lives of travellers for my Rangers. It's too dangerous; you'll die as soon as you enter." He turned away to face his Steel Rangers giving them a nod to seal the entrance as quickly as possible. Hope was running dry and I had no choice but to intervene and try and convince him myself.

"Lockhart, if you don't let us pass, millions of Rangers will die. This Wasteland will become even more dangerous than it was. Please, you have to let us passed." I looked at him, using the last bit of hope I had left. I saw a smile quiver onto his face, but it quickly disappeared and then he rotated himself to look at me showing pity.

"Oh alright, but if you die, do not blame me. You only have yourself to blame for your death." He turned back to his Rangers, shaking his head at them. This sent the message to them that they shouldn't seal the gate...yet. As the gate began to lift, my companions and I began to trot towards the lifting gate. The sound it made was screeching, I felt it scrape against the inside of my ears before crawling under the small gap, into the city. Shit was about to get real.

As my vision was filled with a city under conflict, I saw buildings enlightened by flames and many corpses filling the hell ridden streets of Manehattan. Many missiles were fired from Alicorns higher in buildings. Rangers were under heavy fire, as some sniped the Alicorns from the buildings, blowing their heads off as they did. Each Alicorn fell, but with each life taken, more joined in the fight.

A Steel Ranger shoved us all down to cover as a missile hit the very spot where we were all standing, leaving a loud bang with a fiery blaze and smoke. The Ranger looked at us with an alarming look.

"What are you all doing here!?" The Steel Ranger peeked over the large piece of metal. Bullet after bullet pinged off of the burnt metal surface, as a bullet just misses the Rangers head.