13. Anyone can tell!

On the next day I had to do my homework quickly, because I was to have another lesson with Snape. He was more focused on how I aimed rather than avoided spells, so his and Bellatrix's matched perfectly.

"I see Bellatrix managed to do a good job on you," Snape said as I managed to repel his Stunning Spell, "I think we can proceed to Occlumency now."

Finally. I couldn't wait to start Occlumency, as it was such an useful skill. Draco could block his thoughts since ages and I envied him. I was determined to block my mind from Snape - I didn't fancy him seeing all my "moments" with Draco, which were forever etched in my brain.

After one hour of Snape trying to penetrate my mind, he dismissed me by saying, "At least you're doing better than Potter."

On Monday Potter and Weasley left the hospital wing, because they were looking perfectly fine at breakfast.

Unlike Snape's lessons, Apparition lessons were still a nightmare. Some people managed to Apparate once or twice - both Draco and I managed to do once - but nobody was doing better than that. That's why it was quite an uproar when there was a sign on our noticeboard - Those who would be seventeen on or before the first test date, twenty-first of April, had the option of signing up for additional practice sessions in Hogsmeade.

Draco would be seventeen on 5th June, so we both decided to take test on the second test date. Yes, Draco's birthday...I wondered whether we could fix the Vanishing Cabinet until then...

Over the next week we heard much less cracks per hour, probably because we were spending hours in the Room of Requirement again. It was very tranquil and we didn't talk much there. I don't know about Draco, but I just enjoyed his company.

"I heard Parkinson cursing Mullen for spending Christmas at Malfoy's house," Harry said.

"Oh, yes, I saw them entering the castle together. They were talking about her staying there for the next break," Hermione explained, looking up from Ron's essay she had been correcting.

"But why would she stay at his house?" Harry asked.

"I've been staying at the Burrow, too, what's so weird about that?" she replied.

Ron sent her a shocked look.

"Blimey, Hermione, we're talking about Malfoy. He's got to have some benefits from that."

"Or maybe he just likes her? And she likes him?" she replied angrily.

Ron started to laugh, and Harry frowned in concentration.

"Why would anyone like Malfoy?" Ron asked, wiping tears from his eyes.

"For the same reason someone likes you, Won-Won," Hermione grunted and Harry, sensing danger, spoke.

"It might be another thing. From what I've heard in Slughorn's compartment, Y/L/N's parents are important people at the Ministry. Maybe Malfoy uses her to get his father out of Azkaban?"

"Seriously! Boys!" Hermione shouted, looking scandalised, "Anyone can tell they have a thing for each other!"

"Malfoy can have, if her parents may rescue his beloved daddy. Seriously Hermione, stop defending them," Ron chuckled.

"You are unbelievable!" she yelled and stood up, "I'm not defending them Ron, I'm just not blind! I thought Malfoy would blow up with jealousy when he saw Mullen and Zabini at Slughorn's party. You were there, Harry! You saw them, didn't you?"

Harry knew better than to take sides, especially when Hermione looked as though she could fight him.

"I was busy staring at Snape, because..." he muttered, but Hermione interrupted.