Chapter 1

"Be sure to take your online quizzes this week! They close at 4PM on Friday, so don't forget!" The professor said as everyone was packing up to leave for the day.

Man, I can't wait to go home to my apartment and take a nap. I make a pit stop to the bathroom before I start my walk across campus back to my apartment.

I do my business and I look at myself in the mirror. My hair had been in Senegalese twists for the past couple weeks. I was giving my hair a break from all the product I had put in my hair from the relaxers. I should just go natural, but the twists will help a lot with the hair growth, for now. My dark brown eyes are dull from lack of sleep and my usual bright caramel-brown skin isn't as shiny as it was when I left the apartment earlier in the day.

I guess that's what happens when you have classes back to back. I sigh and leave the bathroom. I plug my head phones in my phone select my playlist and start walking. As I'm walking from the Math/Science building, I see him. Im Jaebeom. He was standing behind a camera with someone else talking about something. I'm guessing, it's class related. 

"God, he's hot." I thought to myself.

I turn my gaze from him and continue my walk to my apartment. Now is not the time to be drooling over him. He doesn't even know I'm alive. Guys like him don't pay attention to little ole me. BUT A GIRL CAN DREAM, am I right? 

I get back to my apartment and I see my roommate, Reina sitting on our couch reading a magazine while listening to her iPod. Her hair was unusually red today. She must've dyed it give the color look more vibrant. It's a good look for her. You wouldn't catch me doing that, unless it was a weave, but that's besides the point. She looks up at me and smiles.

"Hey! How was class?" She asked me. She pauses her song and gives me her full attention. I sit down beside her on the couch and I slouch.

"It was okay, but I've never been so bored in my life." I admitted.

"Sorry to hear that. Do you want to get food? I'm starving." She asked me.

"Food would be great." I get up and put my backpack in my room. Reina and I head out of our apartment and head to the dining hall.

"Did you have class today?" I asked her.

"Yeah. As much as I love being a dance major, it gets pretty tiring. You were smart not to major in it." She pouted.

"Why? What are you taking?"

"Teaching dance. My professor is making it harder than it actually is. It sucks!" She said as she rested her head on the table.

"Well, at least we have Acting II together." I sympathized trying to make her feel better.

"That's true." She said as she lifted her head and rested it on her hand. "And, we're choreographing for the dance team together." She smiled.

Reina and I had been talking about this for the past year and a half. Ever since we met as roommates freshman year, we wanted to do a duet for the dance team spring showcase. Our skills were practically the same and when it came to doing choreography, we just clicked.

"I'm really excited about it. Hopefully our classes won't mess up our process." I said as I took a sip of my water.

"You know Acting II is going to be a pain when we get scenes and monologues." She said.

"Plus, my major requires a lot of reading. And you have to do dance company."

"Don't remind me. I like being apart of it, but I feel like I'm being held back and it sucks."

"What do you mean? Like choreography wise or?"

"We can't be in every dance, so I have to audition to see which dance I get into, and what if I don't like the dance? It just drives me crazy." She complained.

"I can see why you're upset." On our dance team, you have the choice to learn a dance every week. But usually when we have a show, we all end up knowing all the choreography from all the different choreographers and dancers from watching it so many times.

"Ooh, there's your boyfriend." Reina smirked. I turn around and there he is again. Jaebeom. He was with a friend of his, who was just as handsome as he was. Jaebeom was sporting a white long sleeve shirt, black jeans, and those black high top sneakers he'd always seem to be wearing.

"He's not my boyfriend. He doesn't even know I exist." I said as I put my head down.

"Have you even talked to him?" She asked me.

"Nope. Well, I have, but that was back during freshman year. Now, I just admire from afar." I said as I was practically staring at him.

"That's creepy." "Is it though? It's not like he catches me staring at him."

"Whatever. You need to talk to him. We graduate next year. Once we graduate, you won't see Jaebeom ever again."

"You're so negative. Positive vibes only!" "I'm just telling you how it is." She said matter of fact. 

I sigh and look at Jaebeom. His back is to me, so he's not looking in our direction. I just wish there was some way I could actually talk to him. Everyone on campus knows that he doesn't have a girlfriend. In fact, he doesn't even fool around with anyone, which is surprising since he's in a band. Plus, he's gorgeous, so it's even more odd that he doesn't fool around with anyone.

I sigh and check my phone. "Hey, do you want to go to the movies later?" I asked her. "Sure! I feel like I need a break, even though we just started." Reina smiled.

"Cool. We can go around 8, if that's okay."

"That's more than okay." We finish eating and we head back to our apartment. Around 7, we headed to the mall, just to window shop and keep us busy until we went to the movies. Around 7:45, we headed to the movie theatre, bought our tickets and snacks and went into the theatre. It was crowded, but not too crowded that we wouldn't find a seat.

We find seats in the middle and luckily, we're beside each other. It's the end of the short clip previews, before the real previews started when we hear; "Excuse me?" Reina and I look up and see Jaebeom and a friend of his, who was speaking to us.

"Are those seats next to you, taken?" His friend asked.

"No. They're all yours." Reina said with a smile. "Thank you." His friend smiled and Jaebeom nodded. They scoot by us and Jaebeom sits beside me. I turn to look at Reina and she has the biggest grin on her face. Not only is my crush seeing the same movie as me, but he's sitting beside me.

I see my phone light up and see a text from Reina.

Reina: TALK TO HIM. He's right there!

Aria: I CAN'T.

I glance at Jaebeom and he's looking at his phone. What do I even say? The previews start and my eyes are glued to the screen. I'm too anxious. Jaebeom is right beside me. I take some deep breaths, and calm myself down. He's just a boy, no matter how gorgeous he is.

I put my phone in my pocket when it decided it wants to drop on the floor and between Jaebeom and I's seats. "Shit." I swore under my breath. I get out of my seat and go to grab it, but another hand beat me to it. I look up and Jaebeom is looking right back at me. Jaebeom wasn't wearing the same thing he had on when I saw him earlier.

He sported a black bomber jacket, black shirt underneath, some tore up jeans and a pair of Vans. His hair was hidden in a white baseball cap. Jaebeom handed me my phone. "Thanks." I said quietly.

"No problem." He said with a small smile.

Some of the twists fly towards my face and I push them back. Jaebeom reaches towards me and hesitates and closes his hand in a fist and he looks a little flustered and says, "I like your hair." He smiled.

"Thank you." Jaebeom gets up and sits back in his chair. I do the same and throw my phone in my purse. Reina is looking at me with a sneaky grin on her face. "What?" I whispered.

"I'll tell you later." She whispered. The trailers continue on and I feel more at ease since my little interaction with Jaebeom. The movie goes on without a hitch and I couldn't help, but sneak a glance at him every so often. I got it bad for this guy. This meeting was just a fluke. There's no way I'm going to see Jaebeom again, right? RIGHT?!