Chapter 16

After my date with Jaebum that night, he and I had been going back and forth on all sorts of communication. Texting, tweeting, DMing, calling each other. Whatever it was, we were communicating. Not only that, but our scene was making a ton of progress. After Reina told me to use our relationship as an "as if", the chemistry as well as just the flow of the scene has been amazing.

I was on my way to the little hole in the wall coffee shop Jaebum had taken me on our first date a couple weeks back to do some more research on our scene as well as some homework and just to hang out. It was almost Halloween and everything in town, and on campus had been decked out for Halloween and the fall season in general.

I reach the coffee shop and don't see Jaebum inside, so I pick a seat and then go order a hot tea and muffin. After I ordered and got all my things situated, Jaebum walks into the coffee shop. He was wearing a beanie, a white T-shirt with print on it, jeans, and sneakers. He looks around the coffee shop and then spots me.

His eyes light up the moment he laid eyes on me. He walks to the counter to order a drink and then heads over to the table I'm sitting at.

"Hey," He says as he sits down across from me.

"Hey."

"Were you waiting long?" He asked me.

"No. I just got here." I said honestly.

"Did you have class today?"

"Yeah. I had my Modern Japan class this morning and then I sat in on the ballet class for a little while. You?"

"I was in the communications building all day. I was working on my thesis."

"That's right. Did you figure out a topic yet?"

"Sort of. I don't really know what I want to do. I mean I have until Thanksgiving to figure something out, but it's almost Halloween and most of my class has at least something."

"Why don't you do something about your band?"

"I thought about it, but I don't know."

"Do you not want your peers to know about your band?"

"Yes and no. It's hard to explain."

"Actually, I understand why you said yes and no."

"Really? How come?"

"Why you love your band, is the same love I have for dance. You want to be able to share your passion with other people, but sometimes, people downgrade your passion usually because they aren't good at it or they simply don't understand it. It's almost like you love a certain genre of music, but no one else does for the stupidest reasons."

"Like 'how can you like that, if you don't understand it?' or 'you shouldn't like stuff like that'. You know?"

"Exactly!" I exclaimed.

Jaebum smiles at me and the cashier brings his drink. "You know, we have to present our scene in a couple days."

"I know. Are you nervous?" I asked.

"A bit. But, I have high hopes for our scene. We've been rehearsing every night. We have great chemistry. I think we'll get good comments from the professor."

"I do too." I smiled.

"I was wondering—"

"Yeah?"

"After class. I mean like after we do our scene, do you want to go celebrate?"

"Like on a date?"

"Yeah." "I'd love to." I smiled.