Chapter 18

After my encounter with Wonho, I head back home to my apartment. I was so aggravated by what he said. How can he just come onto me like that when he knows that I'm with Jaebum? What a dick.

I could literally feel my blood pumping, so I decided to head to the gym and use the dance studio. Dancing really helped relieving stress or anger. So I turned on some music and just improved. Plus, I might as well get dancing back in my muscle memory since I have dance practice coming up soon.

I turned on "Youngblood" by 5SOS and I let the song move me. Since that song is a pop song, I was going to add a lot of hip hop and jazz moves within my improv. I'm moving all throughout the room and feeling a lot less angry.

I do a set of turns and dive to the floor into a split and just lay down when the song ends. I feel so much better after that. I smile to myself and sigh out loud. I sit up and I'm startled when I see another person in the room with me. Actually, three people in the room with me.

In the doorway was Jackson, Jinyoung, and my boyfriend Jaebum. What are they doing here? And did they watch me dance? I'm starting to feel paranoid.

"Aria, you sure put on a little show." Jackson smiled.

"Oh, that was nothing. I was just relieving some stress." I said as I stood up and walked towards my stuff and start packing it up.  

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Jinyoung asked.

"Home." I said as I locked up the dance studio. "Ari," someone said as they stopped me. I turn around and see Jaebum looking at me. "Guys, I'll catch up in a minute." Jinyoung and Jackson walk off and Jaebum and I are alone.

"Is there something you need from me?" I asked.

"No, but I know when something is wrong with my girlfriend."

"Nothing's wrong."

"Ms 'I dance my feelings away', says otherwise. What's wrong?" Jaebum pestered. I sigh and sit down on the floor by the door of the dance studio. I have to tell Jaebum what happened between Wonho and I.

"First off, you need to talk to Wonho."

"How come?" "He came onto me." Jaebum is deathly still and he calmly shoves both hands in his pockets. He's definitely pissed, but he's doing a great job keeping his anger under control.

"For the record, I slapped him pretty hard, so if you planned on kicking his ass, don't be too harsh." I explained. Jaebum chuckles and looks at me.

"What did Wonho say to you?" He asked.

"He said if I wasn't satisfied with how you're treating me, he'd gladly take your place. But I made sure he knows EXACTLY how I feel about him." I grinned.

"I admire you. If you didn't tell me this and hadn't defended yourself, I would've murdered him." Jaebum grins.

"You wouldn't murder him." I giggle, but Jaebum wasn't laughing.

My giggling comes to a halt and Jaebum looks deadly serious. "Jaebum, you wouldn't actually murder him, right?" I asked.

"I'll leave that to your imagination." He said very mysteriously.

Oh he's SERIOUS, serious. "Jaebum—"

"Aria, I told him the moment you and I started dating that if he ever came onto you, spoke to you or even dared looked at you, we were going to have problems. You belong to me."

"I don't belong to anyone, but myself." I said back to him.

"You told me that you would be mine all those weeks ago. Did you lie to me?" Jaebum said a little hurt.

"No I didn't lie. I'm your girlfriend, aren't I?" I thought about it for a moment and the question that came up before Jaebum and I got together comes back up in my mind.

"This is about that STUPID question you asked me before we even started dating, isn't it?" I said in a deadly tone.

Jaebum doesn't answer me. "It is, isn't it?" I said as I took a couple steps back from him.

"Aria, I—"

"No Jaebum! I'm not your property." We're both silent for a moment and I'm the one who breaks the silence.

"I think I need time to myself." I said.

"Aria—" "No. I need time to think about this."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"No. I just need some time to think about all this."

"Well, you know where to find me, when you figure everything out." Jaebum says as he rolls his eyes and turns his back to me.

"How about you be a little more mature? I didn't break up with you. I just need time to think about everything." Jaebum looks over his shoulder back at me and sighs.

He walks back towards me and caresses my cheek. "Just so you know, as you're taking time to think about all of this, know—I care about you. And I want to be with you."

Jaebum kisses me, briefly and smiles a small smile. I give him a smile back and I walk out of the gym.

* Jaebum's POV~

I watch Aria walk away and my smile turns into a frown. I walk to the basketball court, where Jackson and Jinyoung were waiting for me.

Jackson is the first to notice that I wasn't exactly myself.

"You look pissed." He comments.

"Wonho is a dead man." I said.

"What happened?" Jinyoung asked me.

"Apparently, he came onto Aria." I said as I dribbled the ball and shot a free throw.

"You're joking." Jackson said.

"No. I'm not." I take another shot from the free throw line and go rebound the ball.

"Well you're keeping your anger in check." Jinyoung said.

"I'm seething with pure rage. It's taking so much of me not to go kill him." I said honestly.

"He put his hands on my girlfriend, which I don't appreciate. Then Aria, is starting to question our relationship. So, I'm even more pissed." I continued.

"Did she break up with you?" Jackson asked.

"No. But it felt like she did." I said sadly.

"Maybe this is a positive. You giving her space will help her decision of actually becoming your mate." Jinyoung said.

"Maybe. But she still doesn't even know what I am. I don't know how she's going to handle the fact that her boyfriend is a demon reincarnated as a deadly sin? I just wish Wonho wasn't such a hoe." I said.

Jinyoung and Jackson laugh and I see Mark walk up to us. "What's up Mark?" Jackson said.

"Nothing much, but—"

"But what? What's going on?" Jinyoung asked.

"We got challenged."

"Challenged? For what?"

"Apparently, those guys from our show a month or so ago want to seriously kick your ass."

"Why? Chanyeol got his ass handed to him when he tried to interrupt my date with Aria."

"I guess he wants a re-match."

"There's some more bad news."

"What do you mean?" Jinyoung asked.

"Whoever wins the challenge, gets Aria."