Chapter 21

Today was the day we were going to perform our scene for our Acting II class and I was honestly a little nervous. Usually, when it comes to performing, I'm cool as a cucumber. For some reason, this time feels different and I don't know why. I mean I feel good about the scene. Jaebum and I have rehearsed the scene like a billion times. I don't know why I feel like this.

Is it because Jaebum and I are a couple and seems very "as if" and relatable? Is it because I want to impress my professor? Or is it just me being dramatic and I should just suck it up like a big girl? Regardless of the reason, I think Jaebum and I will get pretty good feedback from our peers and the professor. 

Jaebum and I have been on the same page about everything and I think it's because I have something to gain. The thing that has been on my mind for the past week and a half. 

"How do you feel if you belonged to me?"

That question has haunted my mind for the past couple weeks and not in a good way. Even though Jaebum and I have been getting along and everything is peachy keen, there is still something off about him. I don't know what it is, but I need to get to the bottom of it and soon or one of us will most likely get hurt. 

I'm walking to my Acting II class when Reina catches up with me. "Hey!" She yells from a few feet away.

"Hey." 

"Are you excited about your scene?" She asked as she caught up to me. 

"I think so. Jaebum and I have been rehearsing like maniacs." 

"I've heard you guys a couple times in the living room. It sounds great. I think you guys will do well." She smiled. 

"Thank you. I needed that." 

"Are you okay?" She asked concerned.

"I think it's just nerves." I answered somewhat honestly. Reina and I arrive to the Liberal Arts building and go up the stairs to the classroom studio. We get to the classroom and I see Jaebum in the back as usual and he nods at me. I do the same and get to my seat. The rest of the class piles in as well as the professor and class begins. 

"Good morning everyone!" The professor exclaimed. 

"Good morning." We all say as a whole. 

"I believe we have some scenes to see today. Do I have any volunteers?" He asked. Jaebum raises his hand and my heart is in my throat. Shit. Do we have to go first? 

"Jaebum, Aria will you please set up your scene." 

"Yes." We both said in unison. Jaebum and I stand up and set up the scene. It doesn't take long since we don't have a lot in our scene, just a few props and some furniture. We introduce ourselves before stepping out into the hallway and starting our scene.

I take a deep breath and Jaebum looks at me. "Are you okay?" 

"I'm a bit nervous and usually I'm not." Jaebum smiles a small smile and gently pulls me into his chest. He wraps his arms around me and embraces me oh so gently. 

"You're going to be amazing. We're in this together, okay?" he said.

"Okay." He kisses my forehead and looks into my eyes and says, "Let's kill it." I smile and nod my head and Jaebum starts his first line. 

We walk into the room, pretending to be drunk/tipsy respectively and go on with the scene. It feels like all the other times we did it in my apartment, Jaebum's apartment, in this room, and even over the phone. It feels so natural, like we're physically these characters and expressing the emotions that they have for each other.

All the nerves I had in the hallway, disappear the moment I said my first line and definitely lights a fire in me when Jaebum kisses me. Before I know it, Jaebum says his final line to me and I do the last of the blocking and there's silence. The scene is over and Reina is the first person to clap. 

I turn to Jaebum and he smiles a small smile and winks at me. We did it. We performed our scene and I feel so good about it. I have no regrets. Jaebum and I sit on the couch together as we get critiques from our classmates as well as our professor saying he's never seen such raw chemistry as well as how our acting almost didn't seem like we were acting. It was a fabulous compliment. 

Jaebum and I take another bow and help set up the next scene. I sit back down in my seat and Jaebum actually moves to sit beside me since no one sat on my other side. We watch two more scenes and we get dismissed from class. 

Reina, Jaebum, and I walk out together as we leave the building. "I can't believe you were nervous, Ari. You were AMAZING." Reina gushed.

"Thank you." I said honestly. 

"And Jaebum, who knew! You were fabulous. You both are definitely a great team." She exclaimed. 

"Thanks. I think so too." Jaebum smiled. 

"So, what do you guys want to do?" 

"If you don't mind, I'd like to take Aria out on a date to celebrate." Jaebum asked Reina almost as if he was asking for permission.

Reina looks at me and smiles. "Of course. You two deserve it." 

"Thanks, Rei." I smiled. 

"Anytime. Tomorrow, it's my turn." She smiled. 

"You bet!" I smiled. Jaebum bids me and Reina farewell and says he'll text me all the details for our date. Even though I got through my scene, there's still one more thing I needed to face. Little did I know, it would lead to something out of my control.