Chapter 6

After that evening at Desert Storm, I hadn't heard from Jaebum for the past few days. I kept thinking about how we had danced together and then him kissing me out of the blue. I just hope he's not avoiding me. I mean he kissed me. Not the other way around. And man could that boy kiss. It took my breath away. I should see him in class today, right? We're supposed to get our scene partner assignments today.

I'm walking upstairs to my Acting II class and I bump into Jaebum. "Hey."

 "Hey, about the other night--"

"Don't worry about it. Mistakes happen, right?" I said with a sad smile. I'm so stupid. Of course Jaebum wouldn't like someone like me. I walk into class and sit down in my row and Jaebum sits in his row, in the back. I look down at my phone and see that Jaebum messaged me on Messenger.

Jaebum: Can we talk after class?

I don't really want to, especially since he's been avoiding me for the past few days. I don't answer him and class starts. "Good morning class, hope you all had a great weekend. Some house keeping--" I kind of tune out the professor and just stare into space.

"Aria," I turn and look at the professor and he's looking at me. "You okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, just not here, mentally." I said.

"I could tell. Are you good?"

"For now I am." I said with a small smile.

"Good. I will now hand out the scene assignments." Different scenes were being handed out. From The Glass Menagerie, to Streetcar Named Desire, we were going to have some great scenes. "Aria, your scene partner will be Jaebum. The scene you'll be doing is from The Beauty Queen of Leenane."

"It's about a woman, who's in her 40s and she brings a guy home for the first time and it's her crush." He said with a smirk. Why does this fit my situation so well? Jaebum and I get up and grab our scripts. I sit back down and look through the script. The scene is fairly short and I noticed that there are a couple places where the characters kiss.

Great. I should be excited that Jaebum's my partner, but ever since the other day, I don't want anything to do with him, for now. Everyone else gets their scripts and we all look them over and talk to one another.

"You get to do a scene with Jaebum. Aren't you excited?"

"Yeah." I said oh so enthusiastically.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just--it's been a rough couple of days for me."

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah."

"Aria," I look up at Jaebum and he's looking down at me.

"Can we talk, in the hallway?"

"Sure." I get up and follow Jaebum outside the rehearsal room and sit down on the ground. "About the other day, it wasn't a mistake." He said.

I look up at him with wide eyes and then back down at my feet. "I didn't mean to avoid you either."

"So, you were avoiding me." I said with a glare. 

"I had to get my feelings sorted out. I like you Aria. A lot."

"I like you too." I said quietly.

"I know." He chuckled.

"What do you mean, 'I know'?"

"When I kissed you, you didn't exactly push me away."

"And? Who wouldn't want to kiss you? You're gorgeous. Plus, you came onto me." I blurted out.