Chapter 23

"Will you be mine?"  Those words echoed in my head for about ten seconds, before I even had an answer. "I--" 

"Well well, look who we have here." A voice said. Jaebum and I look at the person who spoke and I see that Chanyeol guy, two other guys, and WONHO??? 

"Wonho, what are you doing with him?" Jaebum asked as he stood up, almost guarding me from their sight. 

"I realized that I'm not meant to be with you loser half-breeds." Half-breeds? What is he talking about.

Wonho looks at me and smirks. "She still doesn't know about you? About us?" He grins. 

"Know about what?" I dare asked. Everyone turns and looks at me and Chanyeol smiles. "How about we go somewhere a little more private, hmm?" 

"Ari, call Reina. She'll have to take you home." 

"Ah-ah-ah, the girl comes too." Chanyeol smirks. Jaebum and I looked at each other and we walk back to his car in very tense silence. We get to Jaebum's car and I'm nervous. What did these guys want? And why I do have to go with them? Jaebum text someone and then shoves his phone in his pocket. 

He turns to look at me and says, "I'll protect you. I promise." I nod my head and Jaebum starts his car. We drive for a few minutes and we reach this abandoned building and I see two other cars. Jaebum turns his car off and looks at me. 

"Stay here, okay?" "Okay." I said quietly. 

Jaebum gets out of the car and walks inside the building. I hope he's okay in there. I glance to the side and see another car show up. Three people emerge from out of the car. Mark, Jackson, and Jinyoung start to walk inside when Jinyoung turns to look at me. His eyes widened and he walks towards me. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked me through the window. I opened the door and turned to look at Jinyoung. 

"Jaebum and I were out on a date and these guys came up to us and Jaebum was going to have Reina take me home, but one of the guys was like 'oh no, she comes too'." 

"Shit." Jinyoung murmured. 

"Jinyoung, we can't leave her out here." Mark said. 

"Jaebum told me to stay out here." 

"You can't stay out here. It's not safe.  We'll protect you." Jackson said. 

"Protect me from what?" The three boys look at each other with pained expressions and Jinyoung looked at me. 

"We can't tell you. Not yet, at least." 

"Why not?" I asked.

"We can't. I'm sorry. You just have to trust us." 

"Okay." I grab the keys from the ignition and shove them in my pocket. Jinyoung remains close to me and Mark and Jackson walk ahead. We walk into the building and it's quiet. Too quiet. I suddenly hear a blood curling scream and I tense up. God, I hope that wasn't Jaebum. We walk further into the building and I see Jaebum.

He's breathing pretty heavily and he's beside another body that doesn't seem to be moving. Did he kill that guy? Before I could answer my own question, I see Wonho charge towards Jaebum. He barely has time to react before Mark and Jackson jump down and fend off his attack. 

"Well that's not fair. You called for back-up." Chanyeol said. 

"I know Wonho doesn't play fair, so I did what I had to do." Jaebum said menacingly. 

"We wouldn't even be having this conversation, let alone this fight, if you didn't but in that night." What night? 

"The night you put your hands on Aria? When you knew she was meant to be with me?" Jaebum said. 

"Oh please! You didn't even know she belonged to you until after the fact. I guess your demon senses haven't exactly come in yet, huh?" One of the guys said. 

Did he say 'demon senses'? What are these guys talking about? Jinyoung turns to look at me and he can see the wheels turning in my head. "Stay right here. Don't make a sound." He whispered. "But--" 

Jinyoung jumps down and joins the others and Wonho smirks. "The gang's all here. But wait, someone is missing." 

"Who?" "The guest of honor, of course. Ms. Aria." Wonho smirked. Does he know I'm in the building? I back away from the railing and I land in someone's chest. I gasp and a hand covers my mouth and wraps and arm around my waist keeping me still. 

"Ah, ah. We don't want to cause a scene, do we?" He whispered. I turned to look at him and he was gorgeous. Short black hair, his eyes twinkled in mischief and he had a grin that could kill. "You must be Aria. I'm Ten." I really don't give a shit what his name is, I just need him to let me go. 

I try to squirm out of his hold and he tightens his arm around me, pulling me closer. "I wouldn't squirm if I were you. I'm sure you wouldn't want me to containing you in much more painful position." I stop squirming, but I try to distance myself as much as possible.

"I can see why Jaebum chose you. You're very submissive. I like that." he smirks. MY ASS. I jerk my body away from him but he holds me a little tighter and he has a firm grasp on me. "You're feisty. Definitely have to keep an close eye on you, don't I?" 

"Why don't we get a closer look, hmm? Also, you may want to close your eyes since you don't know your little boyfriend's secret." What is he talking about? Ten jumps down and I do my best not to scream and we're on the floor with everyone else. 

"Look who I found!" Ten yelled. 

"Ah there she is!" Wonho smirked. 

"Aria!" Jaebum yelled and Chanyeol stops him. "Ah,ah. Ten bring her over here." 

"Actually, I wouldn't mind holding her for the time being. She's very submissive to everything I say." 

"Don't get too comfortable." Jaebum said as he stormed past Chanyeol. Ten drops his hand from my mouth and brings it to my throat. 

"Let's not get too testy, Jaebum. I could kill this girl where she stands. Let's calm down that anger, hmm?" 

Did he say he was going to kill me? I tense up and Ten takes notice. "Oh, did I scare you? Don't worry your pretty little head about that. As long as Jaebum behaves, you don't die. Pretty simple." Ten grinned. 

What the hell is going on? Do I dare ask? "Since I am the special guest, should I at least know why I am being held hostage?" I asked. 

"Ah, she speaks." Ten smirked. "I guess it's only fair." Wonho said as he walked towards me. He stops and looks at Jaebum. "Should I tell her, or do you want to be a man actually tell her?" Wonho said to Jaebum. 

"Jaebum," I said and he turns to look at me. He has a pained expression on his face and he walks towards me. Ten releases me, slightly, but stays close behind me. "Can you let go of her?" Jaebum threatened. 

Ten glances at Chanyeol and he nods. Ten let's go of me and Jaebum walks towards me and holds my hands. "I'm--we're not normal?"

"What does that mean?" I asked confused. "Why are they holding me like I'm ransom?" I added. 

"Because you're special, my love." Chanyeol said as he walked towards us. "There's something about you that makes both my heart and Jaebum's heart pitter patter whenever we're near you. It has something to do with us not being quite human." Chanyeol continues.

"Not being human. What does that mean?" Everyone is silent and I look at Jaebum and he caresses my cheek, but I step away from me. 

"What does that mean, Jaebum?" I said aggravated. 

"We're not human." 

"Then what are you then?" I hold my breath and Jaebum says, "We're demons."