Chapter 7

There's a knock at my door and I go to answer it. I open the door and there stood Jaebum. He had changed into some comfortable clothes, rather than the ones he had on earlier in the day. He was sporting a black bucket hat, a black graphic T-shirt, sweatpants, and a pair a sneakers.

"Hey."

"Hey." He said with a smile. I open the door a little wider and let him inside. I close the door behind him and walk into my living room. "So, where do you want to do this?" He asked me.

"We can do it in the living room. Practice I mean! Practice in the living room." I said in a huff and I feel extremely warm all of a sudden. Jaebum chuckles and sits down on the couch.

"I know what you meant." He said with a grin. I cover my face from embarrassment and go to my kitchen. "Would you like anything? Water, Juice? Something?"

"I'm good. Thanks." I grab a bottle of water and head back into the living room and sit beside Jaebum on the couch.

"Have you had a chance to read the script at all?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I looked at it in class and before I came over here." We both look at our scripts in silence. We read through it a couple times and then we sat there in silence. "So, um is your band having any more performances?" I asked him.

"In a couple weeks we'll have another performance. Will you come?" He asked me.

"Yeah. If you want me there, I'll be there." I said with a small smile.

"Of course I want you there. You're like my good luck charm." Jaebum smiled.

"You're just saying that."

"Am I?" Jaebum smirked.

I blush and look back at my script. "We should . . .uh, talk about schedules." I said as I grabbed my planner from the table. Jaebum grabs my hand and I look back at him.

"We should start working on our scene."

"Right now?"

"Yeah. It doesn't hurt to be ready, you know?"

"I guess you're right." I agreed. I glance down at my script and feel my cheeks flush. I'm shocked that he wanted to start rehearsing right away, but for some reason I feel so nervous. What if he tries to kiss me again? What if it led to something more scandalous? As much as I want to be alone with Jaebum, I'm still nervous around him. He is still my crush after all.

Jaebum and I started acting out the first couple pages of our scene, one of which had a kiss in it. The scene starts out with us walking in and we're a little tipsy. My character is supposed to keep Jaebum's character quiet, so he doesn't wake up my character's mother, that she still lives with. 

"So, how should we walk in?" I asked.

"Are we both tipsy or am I just tipsy?" 

"I took it as we were both tipsy." 

"Okay. I think we should both be tipsy, but I'm more tipsy than you are. Since, you're trying to shut me up." 

"Okay. So, I could have one arm over your shoulder, when we both walk in, or you know how when teenagers sneak out and they're trying to be quiet about coming inside and not getting caught?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What if, I was coming in and you were right on my heels and were giggling? Because I know you're supposed to sing for a little bit right?" 

"Yeah." 

"Please interrupt me, if you feel like I'm taking too much control. This is a group effort after all." I blushed. 

"I know. This is the most you've spoken to me, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts." He smirked. I blush and place an unwanted piece of hair behind my ear. We practice walking in a couple times and then added our lines to the blocking. It was going on nine o'clock and I didn't want to keep Jaebum here longer than he needed to be.

"What time do you have class tomorrow?" I asked him.

"9:30, why? Are you letting me stay over?" He smirked. 

"No!" I blushed. I collect myself and say, "I don't want to keep you here longer than you need to be." 

"You're kicking me out already? And we were just getting to the good part." He said as he stepped towards me. 

"What do you mean?" I blushed. Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

"Don't act so innocent." Jaebum said as he stood in front of me and lifted my chin up, so I was looking at him. Jaebum leans down towards me and his lips just barely touch my own when my front door opens.

"Damn." Jaebum whispered. Jaebum pulls away and walks back to the couch as if nothing happened. 

"Hey." Reina said as she walked in. 

"Hey." I said back flustered. Jaebum is packing up his stuff and walks to the door and I follow him. "I guess we'll discuss schedules next time." I said shyly.

Jaebum looks back at me and brings me away from the door, so I'm no longer holding it open and I land in his chest. Jaebum leans his hat up, then leans down and kisses me. I balled my fist in his chest, grabbing some of his shirt and I feel weightless.

Jaebum pulls away and looks down at me. "Tomorrow night, my place. 7PM sharp." He said as he caressed my cheek with his left thumb. "Okay." I answered in a daze. 

Jaebum smirks and pulls away from me. "I'll see you tomorrow, my little vixen." Jaebum says seductively in my ear. I watch Jaebum leave and I'm no longer in a daze. I go back inside my apartment and clear up the living room. 

"So, how was rehearsal?" Reina asked me. 

"It was fine. How about you?" 

"We'll get to me later. You look a little flustered."

"Me? Oh no. I'm fine." 

"Jaebum looked a little peeved when I came inside. Was something going on?"

"We were just going over our scene. You're thinking too much about this." Reina sighs and lets it go. Obviously I want to tell her she cock blocked me from Jaebum kissing me, but he made up for it in the hallway. And not only that, we're meeting tomorrow at his place. What really confuses me is that when I was alone with Jaebum, especially towards the end, it was almost as if I was under his spell. 

Like I wanted to do anything to make him happy and not upset him. I shake my head at the thought and decide to just chill for the rest of the night. I decide to change for bed when I receive a text from Jaebum.

Jaebum: Dream of me. 

My heart flutters and I answer back.

Aria: As long as you dream of me.

Jaebum: You know I will. 

He's so flirting with me right now. 

Jaebum: Are you doing anything after 2PM? 

Aria: No. Why?

Jaebum: Do you want to grab some coffee?

Aria: I'd love to.

Jaebum: Cool. I'll get you from your apartment at 2:10PM. Be ready.

Aria: I will. 

Jaebum: Good girl.

My cheeks flare up for like the billionth time tonight. Jaebum really knows how to embarrass someone. He's flirting with you dummy. Yeah I know that, it's just---it makes me wonder. Why me?