Chapter 10

"Be mine." Jaebum said as he caressed my cheek.

"I—I don't know." Should I? I pull away from Jaebum and walk away. This is too much for me right now. How can he just kiss me like that and expect me to change my mind? He did calm me down though.

"Did you think kissing me would change my mind?" I said as I crossed my arms.

"A little bit." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"At least you're honest." I sympathized.

"Aria, I want to be with you. You know that. I just—" Jaebum's front door opens and in walks in three boys.

"I should go." I said as I stood up and walked into the door.

"Jaebum, you never told us you had company?" One boy smirked.

"I'll walk you out." He said, completely ignoring what the guy said. It was almost like he wanted to get me out of there. He walks me to the elevator and it's there almost immediately and we step inside. We go down in silence, until Jaebum says, "This conversation isn't over, yet."

"I figured it wasn't." The elevator reaches the lobby and Jaebum walks me out. "You know, you didn't have to walk me all the way to my car."

"It gets a little dangerous at night. I just want to be cautious."

"Well, I appreciate that." We're silent for a little while until Jaebum speaks up. "What are you doing this weekend?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"I wanted to know if you wanted to try that date again, without the weird questions." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'll have to think about it." I answered.

"That's fair. So, I'll call you later?" He asked hopefully.

"Yeah, sure." Jaebum opens my car door and I sit inside.

"I'll see you later." I said.

"I'll see you later. Drive safe."

"I will." Wow, this is awkward. I turn on my car and I drive off and head back to my apartment.

*Jaebum's POV~

I watch Aria drive away and I sigh. I walk back inside my building, get in the elevator and head back to my apartment. I'm greeted by Jackson, Jinyoung, and Wonho. "Where's the cutie?" Wonho said as he smirked.

"Stay away from her." I demanded.

"Aww. How come? Is she yours?"

"Well—" 

"Then she's fair gain, then." Wonho grinned.

"I wouldn't be so confident about that." Jackson started. "I saw the way you were looking at her. You really like her don't you?" Jackson finished. 

"Your scent was all over her. Yet, she's not yours. But it's apparent that she should be." Jackson started up again. 

I sit down on the couch and rub my face in my hands. "Yeah I mean. She's different. She makes me feel whole. So, yeah I do like her. A lot. But I fucked it up."

"Language, Jaebum. No wonder she dumped you." Jinyoung said.

"She didn't dump me. We weren't even together, but I want to be."

"Then what did you do to prevent that cutie to be yours?" I held my breath, but I needed to tell someone. The guys would understand.

"I asked her the question."

I hear silence, until Wonho chuckles and leans back into the couch. "You REALLY fucked up. You know you got wait a little while before you ask, right? Plus, why ask when she doesn't even know what you are."

"I know, but everything was going to so well and she's so submissive, I couldn't help but ask. But it was clearly a mistake." I explained as I stood up and paced.

"You must really like her, if you asked so soon."

"I do. And she likes me, but I think I scared her away."

"Just start slow. If you really like this girl, don't rush it."

"Easier said than done. I asked her out on another date, but she said she'd have to think about it."

"Give her some time. She'll come around." Jackson sympathized.

"Yeah. Or if it doesn't, I'll swoop in and be her prince charming." Wonho smirked.

"Like hell you will. She may not be mine yet. I'm her protecter. That is for damn sure." I growled. I'll give Aria her space, but I won't let her get away from me. She's so close to being mine, I can taste it.

*End of Jaebum's POV

I make it back to my apartment and just turn in for the night. I'm so emotionally drained that I just want to sleep this day off. The next day, I was free to catch up on homework, sleep, whatever I needed to do.

Reina wanted to go to the mall later just to look around and maybe see a movie.

"Ari,"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to go grocery shopping?"

"Yeah sure." Reina and I leave in her car and head to the grocery store pretty close to campus. I only grab some kale and strawberries since I was on a "I need to eat healthy" kick. I was walking beside Reina when she stops the cart.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked. Reina nudges her head, so I'd look ahead of me and there stood Jaebum with another guy.

"Hey." Jaebum said.

"Hey," I answered back. Wow, this is super awkward.

"Jaebum, why are you at a stand still?" A voice said. From behind Jaebum, I see the same boy from yesterday that came into Jaebum's apartment.

"You're the cutie from yesterday." He said with a grin. "Jaebum was so sad when you left." he continued. 

"Wonho, shut up." Jaebum snarled. 

"We gotta go." I said as I grabbed Reina's arm and we leave the aisle. We finish our shopping trip and head back to Reina's car. "Aria, wait!" I hear a voice say.

I turn around and Jaebum catches up to us. "Please, don't pay attention to him. He's a lot." 

I nod my head and stand there awkwardly. "Have you thought about it?" Jaebum asked.

"Thought about what?"

"Thought about going on a date?" 

"Oh. Yeah . . ." 

"If it makes you feel comfortable, we can go on a group date? A few of your friends, a few of mine, so it's more of a group outing?" Jaebum suggested. 

"Yes." Jaebum and I hear a new voice and it's Jaebum's friend. "We can get better acquainted." He smirked. 

"You can even pick the location. What do you say?" Jaebum asked hopefully. 

I looked back at Reina and she nods. I sigh and look back at Jaebum. "Sure. Why not?" I said with a small smile.