Chapter 3

The week slowly started to come to an end, which was great. I didn't have class on Fridays, so it was nice being able to just go to my part time job on campus and then go about my day, after I finished my hours. I made it back to my apartment and I see Reina getting ready. "You're already dressed?"

"I'm going to a friend's house, so I can pregame."

"It's 6PM. The concert doesn't start until 10."

I swear I think she's an alcoholic. " We aren't drinking until like 8:30."

"Uh huh. We'll see. Will someone be sober enough to drive you guys there?"

"I will. I'm only having one drink. After my Cancun trip, I don't drink as often anymore."

"That's news to me. Well, good for you. I'll meet you there and will be sure to give you a ride home."

"And I appreciate that." She smiled. "How was work?" She asked me.

"It was fine. I'm getting paid, so I can't really complain. Did you have class?"

"No. I did do some office work for my dance company instructor."

"So you weren't bored just sitting at home."

"Exactly."

"I won't keep you. If you don't feel like going with them during the pregame, just text me. I'll save you."

"I appreciate it. Well, until then." She smiled.

"See ya." I put my bag down in the living room and turn on the television. I go through the channels and land on a reality show I sometimes watch when there's nothing else to watch.

I go into my room and start to get ready. I changed into this light blue crop top, white pants, and black high heel boots. I keep my twists down and pin my bang back. I go and apply makeup in the bathroom. I keep it simple since I'm mainly going just to see Jaebum perform. 

I wonder if he'll like my outfit. I grab my jean jacket and sit down on the couch. I watch a little bit of television, but feel really anxious. Ever since class earlier this week, Jaebum has been on my mind more than usual. I really want to impress him. I turn off the television and look at my phone. I see a text from Reina saying to come get her, so I decide to head out.

I use the directions she text me and made it there. I pick her up and she looks a little bummed. "What's wrong?" I asked her.

"None of girls wanted to go. "

"Are they still pre gaming?" 

"Yeah, but not too much. They're going to stay in tonight." 

"Well, you still have me." I said with a small smile.

Reina looks at me smiles. "Yeah. I do. By the way, you look good. I wouldn't be surprised if Jaebum did a double take, when he saw you." 

"I just threw something on." I blushed.

"Sure you did. Come on, let's get to the venue." I drove us to the venue, parked, and we both headed inside. "Are you going to have a drink?" Reina asked me. 

"Maybe just one drink. I feel like I need it." 

"Of course. As long as you're sober to drive home." 

"Of course." Reina and I walk to the bar and order our drinks. We stay at the bar for the majority of the time. We tip the bartender and hang out on the sides of the stage. Reina and I are talking, vibing to the music playing in the venue when we hear, "Hey!" 

Reina and I turn around and look to see Jaebum, and two of his friends. "You guys made it!" He said with a smile.

"We wouldn't have missed it for the world." Reina smiled. Jaebum glances at me and smiles. "You look great." He said to me. 

"Oh. Thank you." I blushed. "I'm excited to hear you play." I smiled. 

"I'm glad to hear it. I'll keep a look out for you." He smiles and then winks at me. My heart stops and then speeds up ten times faster. This boy is trying to kill me. Jaebum and his friends leave, giving Reina room to get in front of me and smirking at me.

"I don't like that look you're giving me."

"He was flirting with you. He WINKED at you. He must like you." 

"He's just being nice. Or trying to get in my pants, which I hope that is not the case." 

"But you wouldn't say no to the possibility of sleeping with him." She grinned.

"That's NOT the point, Reina. Let's just watch them play, so I can go home." 

"Why the sour mood all of a sudden? Is it because I mentioned him sleeping with you?" 

"No. It's just---You know how weird I am when it comes to intimate stuff." I blushed.

"I know." She said with a small smile. 

"What's up everybody!" I hear one of Jaebum's band members say. "We're Skyway and we hope you enjoy this song. It's called, 'Prove It'." 

They start singing the song and it has a really great sound. It's different from what I'm used to, but I really liked it. The entire crowd to jamming to it, including myself. Jaebum's voice sounds like smooth honey and it makes me swoon.

"Little more little more, I want you baby. Little more little more, one more step." Jaebum sings and he looks dead at me. 

Why is this guy trying so hard? We all cheer and they start playing another song. "They sound really good." I said in Reina's ear.

"Didn't I tell you?!" Reina and I continue to listen to Skyway's set and we head to a quieter spot in the venue. 

"They're so good. I can't believe, I've never seen them perform before." I said. 

"They're something else. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a record deal. They're that good." Reina and I are talking when these two guys suddenly came to our side of the lounge. "What's up ladies?" One grinned. 

"Hey." Reina said in a monotone voice. 

"Would you like some company?" 

"We're good, but thank you." 

"Oh come on, can't we have a little fun?" One said as he slid in the chair next to me. Um no. 

"I'm declining the offer, but thanks." I said as I got up and Reina did the same. 

"Now hold on." The one who sat next to me said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him. "Ow! Let me go!" I yelled. "Just come with us, all right?" He said as he eyed me up and down and then licked his lips. I try to pull away, but he has a tight grip on my arm. In fact, he even squeezes my arm and my knees buckled because the pain was starting to get unbearable. 

Suddenly, I see a different hand, actually an entire body in front of me. I then realize that it's Jaebum. "How about you let go of her, hm?" He said in a threatening tone. 

"Why should I?" The guy smirked. 

"Because I don't like it when someone else touches my girlfriend besides me." Woah. Did he say girlfriend? I blush uncontrollably and just keep my eyes on Jaebum's back. 

"Let go of her." Jaebum demanded. The guy laughs, but Jaebum isn't laughing. "Did I fuckin' stutter? Let go of her." Jaebum threatened. 

The guy loosens his grip on me and I snatch my arm away and Reina is immediately as my side as well as Jaebum's friend. 

The guy spits on the ground, very close to Jaebum and looks back up at me. "I'll be back for you, sweetheart." He yelled back me. 

"Asshole." I murmured. I look at Jaebum and see the anger just radiating off of him. "Thank you." I said to him. He turns and looks back at me and relaxes. 

"Are you okay?" He asked me. "I'm fine." I reassured him. Jaebum looks down at my arm and notices something. 

"What?" 

"That bastard held you so tight, it left a big mark. Let's get you some ice. Mark, can you look after her friend?" 

"Yeah, yeah." The other handsome boy said. Jaebum gently takes my hand and takes me somewhere else.