Chapter 17

"What are you afraid of?" Jaebum asked me. "I don't know." I answered honestly. Jaebum pulls away from me and looks down at me with this emotion in his eyes that I can't read.

"Let's just finish the scene and I'll get out of your hair." I said sadly.

Jaebum starts to interject, but he can tell how upset I am and we finished the scene as promised.

"Give me a second and I'll—"

"No. I text Reina. She's going to come get me. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Aria," Jaebum says as he stops me. "Don't shut me out. Just as we're getting closer, this one thing just pushed me two steps back. I told you from the moment we started going out that I was going to protect you and I keep my promises."

I gotta give Jaebum credit. When he says something, he means by it. He has definitely been keeping his word about protecting me and just being a great boyfriend.

"I'm sorry. I just—I'm not good at expressing how I feel."

"I know." Jaebum said with a small smile.

"Can I talk to you when I get back?"

"You know you don't have to ask."

"I know, but—"

"Call me when you get home. I'll be waiting." He winked. I blush and nod my head.

"You're too cute." Jaebum compliments.

I leave Jaebum's apartment and Reina comes to get me. She's outside the complex and has this look on her face. "It's not what you think." I said as I sit in the passenger seat.

"Please explain to me then why I'm picking you up from your boyfriend's apartment and he's not taking you home?" Reina pestered.

"We had a little mishap, but we talked about it. Trust me, we're fine."

"Are you sure? Because if he's not treating you right, I'll kick his ass."

"I'm sure." I said with a small smile. Reina and I drove away in silence back to our apartment and I text Jaebum.

Aria: Made it back safely.

Jaebum: Glad to hear it. Wish you stayed 😩

Aria: You mean it?

Jaebum: Of course I mean it! Sometimes, I think you forget we're a couple

Aria: Honestly. Sometimes I do. It's a bit surreal.

Jaebum: Well you better get used to it, princess. You won't get away from me so easily 😉

Aria: You're too much 😂

Jaebum: You love it 😏

Aria: Uggghhhh. You're full of it.

I stop texting and get ready for bed. I'm honestly so comfortable around Jaebum and then he's a seductive and stuff and I get back into my little bubble. It's like the closer he gets to me, he ends up two steps back because of me.

Maybe I need to just relax and let life take its course. I feel like I'm holding myself back like just anything intimate is going to scar me for life, but it honestly won't. Life is made through physical contact with another person.

My mind knows that, but something deep in my brain says not to when it's literally how humans live and breathe reproduction. I go to bed after thinking to myself. The next day, I didn't have class, so I decided to do some errands.

I went grocery shopping for a couple things and then headed to the outlet mall not too far from campus. I walked by a couple stores and I see one of my favorite stores in the distance. I go walk inside and see that they have a sale going on, so I decided to take a look around.

As I'm looking around, I hear a voice say, "Well well well. If it isn't Aria." I turn around and see Wonho, Jaebum's roommate.

"Oh hey." I say oh so enthusiastically.

"You're not happy to see me?"

"I don't know, should I be?" I said sassily.

"You're feisty. I like that." He smirked.

"You shouldn't like anything I do. I'm not your girlfriend."

"Oh come on. We can be friends."'

I literally side eye him and start to walk off. "Wait!" Wonho follows after me. "What do you want?"

I'm getting more and more irritated the more I talk to him. "I just want to tell you something."

"Okay. Spit it out, already." Wonho is suddenly in front of me and he lifts my chin and holds it in place so I'm looking up at him. "If Jaebum isn't enough for you, I'll gladly take his place." He grinned.

My tiny body has never felt this aggravated. Without thinking, I push Wonho away from me and slap him. "First of all, HOW DARE YOU." I yelled.

"You have no right to think that Jaebum doesn't treat me right. He's nothing, but a gentleman to me and he takes care of me. He made me that promise, so don't you DARE, come onto me like I'm some naive little girl because I'm not. Good day, ass wipe." I storm off and head back to my car and then to my apartment.

//

Wonho could still feel the sting from when Aria slapped him and he grins. Jaebum definitely found a keeper.

"Oh Aria, you just made the chase even more exciting. You will be mine." He grins deviously.

//

READ THIS!!!

Hi, how are ya! Good news, you got an update. Bad news, I won't be uploading until probably two weeks from now. More good news, I finished my contract with Disney, so I can write more! Bad news, this chapter was short.

I hope everyone has had a great holiday season. And a happy new year! Big things are coming this year, so definitely stay tuned! I wanted to give you a little bit of something before I head off on vacation for a week. More chapters to come from "You're Mine" and "Love Under the Full Moon"

Love,
@withlovequincy