Chapter 2

Reina and I left the movie theatre with everyone else and walked to her car. The movie was pretty good, but what was more entertaining was that I actually talked to Jaebeom. Like I'm still on cloud nine about the entire thing.

We get to Reina's car and start to drive back to our apartment. "Okay, spill."

"About what?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb with me! You talked to Jaebeom, your crush. What did he say to you?"

"Well, I dropped my phone, if you didn't notice. I reached down to get it, he beat me to it and then handed it back to me. Then some of these twists got in my face. I really need to get a hair scrunchy, by the way, and---"

"And?!" "He reached towards my hair, but stopped himself and said, 'I like your hair' and he smiled at me." I blushed.

"Ugh! You're like practically married!" Reina smiled.

"As if. Did you see his friend? He was so cute."

"Yeah. I think he was in my Jazz Dance class last semester. I think his name was Jackson. He was so funny in class. I think he's in Jaebum's band."

"Really?" "Yeah. Have you seen them perform? They're actually pretty good." Reina complimented.

"Every time they had a show, I was doing something else."

"We should go! It'll be like a girls night out."

"That sounds fun." I smiled. We get back to our apartment and I work on the readings my professor had given me. As I'm highlighting a sentence, my mind drifts. The way Jaebeom and I made eye contact and the whole interaction in general just left me  . . . Shook. I knew the boy was gorgeous, but DAMN. He could get it any day.

I stop highlighting my reading and just sit back in my chair.  I wonder if I have any classes with him this semester. I mean what are the odds. I've always seen him around campus and I know he hasn't seen me, so it could be possible. I shake my head and go back to highlighting and then call it a night. 

The next day I got ready for class like I did any other day and went to class. I was walking up the steps to my Acting II class and Reina walked up to me. "Hey Aria!"

"Hey! How was your last class?" I asked her.

"It was okay. It's English. There's only so much information I can withstand." 

"I can understand that." Reina and I walk into our Acting II class and I see Jaebeom sitting in the last row of chairs. 

I gasp out loud and then cover my mouth. Jaebeom doesn't look up, but Reina is smirking at me. She and I take a seat in the second row. She takes out her phone and texts me.

Reina: HE'S IN OUR CLASS. IT'S DESTINY. 

Aria: It's just a coincidence. 

Reina: But you're secretly happy, since he's in OUR class. What if he's your scene partner?

Aria: Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

This is all too good to be true. Jaebeom is actually in our class. I hear the teacher walk in and he sits up at the podium. "Good afternoon. I see some old faces, some new faces. Let's all stand up and sit in a circle."

We all get out of our seats and we all sit in a circle. The teacher introduces himself and we slowly go around the circle talking about our summer vacation. We get to me and I feel everyone's eyes on me.

"So Aria, how was your summer?" The professor asked. 

"It was moderate." 

"Go on any trips?" "Yeah. We went to the Dominican Republic." Everyone oohs and aahs and I glance at Jaebeom. He's looking at me with a small smile and I look down at the floor. 

"Anything else you did over the break?" My professor asked me. 

"I worked and that's about it." 

"Are you graduating this semester?" My professor asked me. 

"Not this semester, but next semester. It's so weird, but it's finally happening." I smiled. 

"Anyone else graduating or in the same boat?"

Reina, a few girls and a couple guys, including Jaebeom all raised their hands about graduating. "You all will be leaving us. What shall we do?" My professor whined. 

"It'll be okay. You'll find people." Reina said. 

"You're right. Okay, Jaebeom, how was your summer?" 

Everyone turns and looks at Jaebeom, myself included and he starts to speak. "I went to South Korea for a month and a half and I got to play a few gigs with my band. By the way, we have a show this weekend, and all of you guys should come out." Jaebeom finished as he looked at me. 

"That sounds like fun. Are you from Korea?"

"Yes. I was born there, but I lived in the US for a good chunk of my time." 

"That's so interesting." We continue asking everyone about their summer vacations and I feel a pair of eyes on me. I look up and see Jaebeom looking at me, but then he turns away and looks to at the girl speaking.

Was he really just looking at me? No way. I think I just imagined it. 

"All right everyone, I'm going to quickly go over the syllabus and then I'll let you all go on your merry way." 

The professor explains about how we'll be doing monologues and one scene, as well as one play as an entire class. I'm super excited about the entire thing. What if Jaebeom happened to be my partner? 

Damn it Reina. Putting ideas in my head. I shouldn't get my hopes up. The professor finished going over the syllabus and then decided to let us go early, since it was still early in the semester. Reina and I left the classroom and made our way downstairs. 

Just as she and I were heading out the door, someone catches up to us. "Hey! Wait up!" Reina and I turn around and we see Jaebeom running towards us. 

"Glad I caught you two." He smiled. UGH. His smile is gorgeous. 

"What's up?" Reina asked. 

"I have flyers for you two. You should come check out our band, Skyway. We're playing at a gig, downtown." 

"That sounds fun." Reina answered. 

"Will I see you both there?" Jaebeom asked us, but then put his attention on me. "Um, yeah. If classes aren't awful. Hopefully." I stumbled. 

"Hopefully, you come. I'd love to see you there." 

"We'll be there!" Reina said, saving my butt. My god, I'm so nervous. And he's actually talking to me. 

"Great! I guess I'll see you guys later then." 

"You bet." Reina said. Jaebeom brushes past me and I get a whiff of his cologne and I almost faint. He leaves and Reina looks at me. 

"What?" 

"He was SO flirting with you." "As if." I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"Aria, that boy, YOUR CRUSH, was flirting with you. He personally invited us to come see his band. AND, he said and I quote, 'love, to see you there'. Why aren't you seeing this? It's so obvious! It's almost like he's giving you signs that he's in to you." 

"He was just being nice."

"Riiiiggghhhttt. Whatever you say." She says as she starts walking away from me. Is Reina right? Was Jaebeom really flirting with me? Only one way to find out.