Chapter 4

Jaebum takes me backstage to a dressing room and sits me down on the sofa. He goes into the fridge and grabs a freeze pack. He grabs a towel and he sits down beside me. "This is going to be cold. I'm just warning you." he says.

I nod my head and let him put the freeze pack on my arm. It stings a little bit, but I don't show it. "You okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah. Thank you." I say quietly. I blush and look down at my lap.

"About the girlfriend thing . . ."

"It's fine. Really" It's actually MORE than fine, but I wouldn't dare say that out loud. "If you didn't show up when you did, I don't know what would've happened."

Jaebum nods his head in agreement and remains silent for the time being.

"Did you like the show?" Jaebum asked me. I guess he's trying to get his mind off of what happened and change the subject, by starting a conversation.

"Yeah. I really did. I don't know why I have never came and saw you guys earlier."

"This was your first time seeing us play?" Jaebum said surprised.

"Yeah. My friend, Reina, told me how good you guys were and she was not wrong."

"That's nice of her. What was your favorite song?" He asked me.

"I liked the first song you sang, 'Prove It'. It had a different sound that I never heard before."

"I'm glad you liked it. I actually wrote that song."

"Really? You're so talented." I smiled.

"Thank you." He slightly blushed. We're silent for a little while and Jaebum took the freeze pack off my arm. "Thanks again. You didn't have to do this." I said shyly.

"I know, but I wanted to. It gave me a reason to talk to you." He said with a small smile.

He wanted to talk to me? My cheeks heat up and I rub my arm up and down.

"Um, I should probably head out." I said as I stand up and Jaebum does as well. It suddenly hits me that I'm alone with Jaebum, my crush, in this room. "Thanks again. I guess I'll be seeing you around?"

"Uh, yeah." Some of my twists fall forward, and my twist becomes undone from me putting my bang up and I go to fix it. "Um, may I?" Jaebum asked.

"Um sure." Jaebum gently takes the hair that fell in my face and slowly twists it, like I had it previously. He takes the hairpins and pins them in my hair. "There. Now, I can see your pretty face." He smiles.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"I'll, uh . . . walk you out." He says with a slight blush on his cheeks, as he leads me out of the dressing room. We walk down the hall and we meet up with Reina and Jaebum's friend, Mark. "I'll see you later." I said to Jaebum.

"Yeah. Hey, Aria."

"Yeah?" I said. My heart is pounding in my chest and I swear it is going to burst. "I---I'll see you later." He said flustered.

"Okay." Reina and I walk to my car and we head back to our apartment. During our ride, I could feel that Reina was ready to pounce on me.

"Sooooo, what happened between the two of you?" She asked me.

"He put some ice on my arm. I guess he thought my arm was going to bruise up after that asshole grabbed me."

"Good thing he showed up when he did. He was like your knight in shining armor. And did you hear what he said? He called you his girlfriend. I'm surprised you didn't faint on the spot."

"Believe me, I wanted to." Being with Jaebum tonight just felt so right. I didn't know how to explain it, but it was just nice being with him. Even though, I get really shy around him, I was still able to be myself, which was great.

We make it back home and I get ready for bed. "So, how about you and Jaebum's friend?" I yelled from my room.

"He was cute, but not my type. He didn't talk much, but it could of been because he was shy and he didn't really know me."

"Did you try making conversation with him?"

"Not really. I mean I did, but not as much as I should."

I log on to my computer and do a little bit of reading for class, and I suddenly get a notification.

Im Jaebum Sent You a Friend Request

I click on the notification and go to confirm his friend request. I go back to reading a little bit when I hear a "Ding!" noise from my laptop. I click around and see where the sound came from and it was a message from Jaebum.

Jaebum: Hey

Aria: Hey

Jaebum: Am I disturbing you from anything?

Aria: Not really. Did you want something?

Jaebum: I wanted to thank you for coming out to see us play tonight it means a lot ☺️

Aria: It was no problem. I had a great time 😊

Jaebum: I'm glad you did.

There's a brief pause after Jaebum's last message and I give up on reading all together. What should I say? Should I ask about his music? I'm clueless. What do I do?! Jaebum's talking to me.

Jaebum: This is awkward, but my friends and I are going to this club downtown tomorrow night and I was wondering if you and your friend would want to join us?

"Rei!" I yelled.

"What?!" She yelled back.

"Come here!"

Reina comes into my room and I shove my phone in her face. "Okay, okay." She said as she took my phone from me. She looks at it, then really looks at it. She looks up at me, then back down at the phone. She texts him and hands the phone back to me, with a smirk on her face. I look at the message she sent and my eyes widened from the response.

Aria: We'd love to!

Jaebum: Really? Awesome. The club is called "Desert Storm" we're going around midnight

Aria: Okay.

"Are you out of your mind?! You know I don't go out!" I yelled at Reina.

"Aria, Jaebum clearly has a thing for you. You need every opportunity to hang out with him, get to know him. Isn't that what you wanted?"

"I guess. It seems so cliche, but---"

"No buts! We're going out tomorrow, whether you like it or not."

"Reina!"

"I'm trying to help you, you'll thank me in the long run, I promise." She said with a small smile. Reina leaves the room and I'm alone with my thoughts.

Reina's right. Jaebum is trying everything in his power to hang out with me. I can't act like a chicken at a time like this. I gotta put on my big girl pants and get the guy, especially if he's interested.