Chapter 20

Did I just confess my feelings to Jaebum? Yeah. Yeah I did. And he confessed back to me. I guess this means we're back together, right? I shouldn't assume though. Let me just ask and not have this argument in my head.

"So . . . Are we back together then?" Jaebum asked.

"I don't know. Do you want to be together?" Why am I doing this? You like him, don't you? Put your big girl panties on and say you want to be with him, damn it!

"Ari, you know how I feel about you. Of course I want to be with you. Do you want to be with me? Otherwise, what was the point of you saying you loved me?" Jaebum said with a grin.

"I want to be with you Jaebum, but—"

"But? Is there something wrong with me?"

"No! I just want to set some ground rules. Mainly, no more secrets. I feel like I don't really know you. Sometimes I do and then sometimes, I don't. I know with that whole question thing early on was a bit of a stretch, but—"

"You want me to be truthful?" Jaebum interrupted.

"Yes. I feel like I'm in the dark about something." Jaebum looks at me and he has this somber look on his face.

"Okay. I can see your side, but I can't tell you the truth until after we do our scene."

"I can respect that." I said honestly.

"Good. I can't have you not trust me, especially if we're doing a scene together." Jaebum explained.

"You are right about that." I admitted.

"And, if I told you everything now, I feel like you'd run for the hills and not want to be with me anymore, which I don't want because I do like you." Jaebum confessed.

"I like you too." I blushed.

"I know." Jaebum smirked at me. He leans in and kisses my cheek and I feel my cheeks heat up. Why does he do this to me? Can he stop being him for like 10 seconds?! He has no idea what he does to me.

"Well, since we did patch things up, I'm going to head out." I said as I stood up and Jaebum does the same.

"You aren't going to stay?"

"No. I don't want to overstay my welcome. I did come over unannounced." I admitted.

"Yeah. You did." Jaebum grinned.

"RUDE!" I said with a smile and made my way to the door. Jaebum laughs as he grasps my wrist before I reach the door.

"You know I'm only kidding." Jaebum giggled.

"I know." We both stand at the door and look at each other. "I'll uh, call you when I get home." I said.

"All right. Do you want to have one more rehearsal tomorrow?" Jaebum asked me.

"Sure. Let me know when you're ready and we'll rehearse."

"Sounds good to me." Jaebum smiled. Jaebum leans down and kisses me, briefly and pats my head gently.

"I'll see you later." He says.

"I'll see you later." I said back to him. I open the door and walk out into the hallway into the living room and see everyone hanging out. "You two okay?" Reina asked me.

I nod my head and smile a small smile. "Let's head home. I'll see you guys later." I said to everyone.

"See you all later!" Jackson said with a smile. Reina, Momo, and I head back to Reina and I's apartment and then Momo heads home. I feel much better actually talking to Jaebum about my feelings and how I want our relationship to move forward and how we need to be more open with one another.

*Jaebum's POV~

Aria and company left our apartment and it was just Jackson, Jinyoung and myself in the apartment. I walk out into the living room, to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

"You two seemed to patch things up nicely." Jinyoung said as he stood but the counter near the sink.

"She told me she loved me." I said.

"Did she, now? And did you say it back?"

"Of course I did."

"Isn't it a little soon for you to be saying 'I love you'?" Jackson chimed in.

"Says the one who won't ask his best friend out." I grinned.

"I'm working on it. It's hard okay?" Jackson whined.

"It's really not." Jinyoung chuckled.

"Shut up Jinyoung!" Jackson yelled and Jinyoung is just beside himself. Jinyoung suddenly stops laughing at looks at me. "If she's your intended, it does make some sense for your declarations of love."

"But we're demons. We don't necessarily have feelings."

"You are correct about that, however, we're half demons. So we still have emotions." Jinyoung explained. 

"I just don't want her to get hurt. And I don't want her to not like me because of who I am." I admit. 

"I don't get that vibe from her. She'll definitely stick around when you tell her about all of us." Jinyoung explained. 

I hope so. "Once you guys do your scene, it'll all be okay." Jinyoung said with a smile. 

"I like how optimistic you are." I grinned.

"Well someone has to be!" Jinyoung exclaimed.