Chapter 14

6:45 couldn't come fast enough. I was DYING to see Jaebum since this morning. The moment I got his text that he was on his way, I IMMEDIATELY left my apartment and went downstairs and waited in the lobby. And then, when he said he was outside, I literally ran outside to see him.

Jaebum was wearing a white button down, with patches in some places, ripped jeans, and a pair of black high top sneakers. He hadn't styled his hair, so it was in its natural state.

"Hey." Jaebum said as he spots me.

"Hey," I said shyly.

"I missed you." Jaebum said.

"I missed you as well." I said nervously.

"I could tell. You literally sprinted from the building to my car." He smirked. He saw that?! I bow my head in shame and Jaebum chuckles.

"Don't worry. I couldn't wait to see you too." He grinned.

I blush and Jaebum takes my hand. "Are you ready?" He asked me.

"Yeah." Jaebum opens his car door for me and I step inside his car. Jaebum shuts the door and then walks to the other side and gets in then starts his car. "So where are we going?" I asked.

"I'm not telling you." He smirked.

"Why not?"

"I want it to be a surprise. I have to spoil my princess, don't I?" He said as he glanced at me.

"Yeah . . . I guess." I said as I looked down at my fingers like they're the most important thing in the world. Jaebum takes my hand and kisses my knuckles.

"Relax. I'm gonna take good care of you." He winked. We drove in silence for a few more minutes and Jaebum pulls up at this cute, hole in the wall type restaurant. We both get out the car and walk inside.

"Hi, do you have a reservation?" The hostess asked.

"Yes. It's under Jaebum." The hostess finds the name and grabs two menus. "Right this way." She smiled.

Jaebum and I follow the hostess and she sits us in a little corner, away from watching eyes, but with a decent view of the street and other establishments. "Enjoy your dinner."

"Thank you." Jaebum and I said at the same time. I open the menu and glance through it before Jaebum says, "I hope you like ramen."

"I love it, especially when I'm craving it." I said honestly.

"This place has the best ramen. It reminds me of home." Jaebum said with a small smile.

"Do you miss home?" I asked him.

"I do. But I like being in America too. I get the best of both worlds, in a sense."

"What's your favorite thing to do when you go back to Korea?" I asked.

"I love seeing my hometown. I'm not much of a city kid, but more of a laid back kind of guy. Plus, I like being in the house where I was raised for a good chunk of my life."

"That's so nice."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"What's your favorite thing to do when you go home?"

"I like seeing my family. Escaping to my favorite spot in town. Well, it's a ways from my house, but being there helps me think."

"Where is this favorite escape of yours?"

"The beach. Well, it's not a beach beach, but there is enough sand and you get a great view of the Atlantic ocean. I found it one day when my parents had gone for a ride, just to see what was in the area and they found the beach. Ever since then, I've been going there to think, read, just be away from everyone. It's nice. I'll have to take you sometime." I blubbered on.

"Okay. It's a date." Jaebum smiled. A waiter comes by and takes our order and Jaebum and I are in complete silence.

"So, I'm curious—"

"About what?" I asked confused.

"How long have you had feelings for me?" Jaebum asked as he looked straight at me.

I blush and re-adjust the spoon and chopsticks on the table. "Why do you want to know?" I asked nervously.

"I'm curious." He said as he leaned towards me. I take a deep breath and just sigh.

"It was orientation—"

|| Flashback — Freshmen Year

I had just moved in to my dorm on campus. I was walking downstairs so I get outside and join my orientation group, when I bumped into someone. I fall somewhat to the ground, but someone catches me. I look up and see a boy.

He was super cute. He was wearing a black T-Shirt, ripped blue jeans, a pair of black Classic Vans like my own and he was wearing a pair of sunglasses.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Sorry, I need to watch where I'm going." I said as I stood up.

"No. I wasn't paying attention. My roommate was being an ass."

I giggle and the guy smiles at me. He takes off his sunglasses and puts his hand out towards me. "I'm Jaebum." He introduced himself.

I take his hand and shake it then say, "I'm Aria. I guess I'll see you around then, Jaebum?"

"Yeah." I walk by him and head outside to my orientation group. I look over my shoulder and see Jaebum looking at me. He puts his sunglasses back on and walks away, only to bump into someone else. He quickly apologized and walks off.

After watching that ordeal, I realized my heart was practically fluttering. 'I hope I see you again, Jaebum'. I thought to myself.

|| End of Flashback

"After that encounter, I'd see you around campus, but I was too shy to say anything. Plus, I figured you wouldn't remember me anyway, so—yeah." I blushed.

"How could I not remember you?" Jaebum said.

"What?"

"I saw you all the time, especially on Wednesdays. You had a language class and you were always studying for it. And you always had a sugar free Red Bull with you."

"Wait, if you remembered me, how come you never—" our food arrives and we start to eat in silence. I pick up a bunch of ramen and slurp it into my mouth and it's delicious. We eat on comfortable silence and I speak up.

"You said you remembered me." I stated.

"Yes."

"So, how come when you invited Reina and I to your show, you acted like you didn't remember me?"

"To be honest, Skyway has been taking up a good chunk of time. Booking gigs, rehearsing all the time, figuring out my senior thesis, I had too much on my mind. But, when you were talking about your summer vacation in class and I just stared at you, which sounds really creepy out loud, something clicked."

"It was almost as of you were the missing piece to my chaotic life."

"I mean I don't blame you. Freshmen year was a long time ago."

"If I could turn back time, I would."

"Why?"

"Because freshmen year, I would've asked you out a lot sooner." He said as he took my hand and gazed at me.

"You're just saying that."

"No, I mean it." Jaebum said seriously. I don't know what to say to that. After we finished our conversation as well as our dinner, Jaebum paid for our food and we headed out. I wonder what else Jaebum has in store?