TWO

Ariah entered the hufflepuff common room feeling slightly.... out of place.

Everyone already seemed to be acquainted to one another as they sat on the soft, yellow couches — or around the fire place talking about the new year.

It was naive of her to believe, but Ariah definitely thought her and Remus would be sorted into the same house. Being without him was.... well... uncomfortable.

She decided to head to her dorm and settle in. There would be plenty of time for her to meet people.

Ariah entered the dorm where her things were located and to her surprise, a young girl was already sitting on the bed.

"Oh — Er — hi," Ariah said. "I'm Ariah Lupin."

The girl smiled up at her. She had black hair, pale freckled skin and bright green eyes.

"Hi! I'm Meeka Glass," she said cheerily. "Nice to meet you."

"Yeah, nice to meet you too."

Ariah sat herself at the bed beside Meeka's, watching as the girl pulled out a Led Zeppelin record.

"You like Led Zeppelin?" Ariah asked.

"Yeah!" Meeka said. "My parents aren't fond of muggle music, but I adore it."

"You're parents aren't muggles then?"

"No. My aunt is a squib. She married a muggle and moved to a muggle neighborhood in America. I stay with her during the summer while my parents are on business trips."

"They go on business trips every summer? Where do they go?"

Meeka shrugged. "All over. They said that they'd take me once I turn seventeen!"

"That's so exciting! My mums a muggle. She listens to a lot of Fleatwood Mac."

"My aunt has recently become obsessed with her. She's really into that whole hippy scene. It's why my parents don't really like me hanging out with her but they have no other option."

They spent the remaining time talking about bands and movies and planning future trips to America. By the time the other three girls came in to sleep, Meeka and Ariah were bound to be inseparable.

Remus knew these next seven years would be the most difficult for him to pull through on.

Never mind the fact that he had to spend countless nights hiding his transformation from students and praying he wouldn't harm anyone. The real struggle was in his dorm situation.

Peter Pettigrew seemed fine. Nothing jumped out to Remus about the boy, which meant no trouble from him. Maybe the two could even become good friends.

Alastor Moody already proved to ride his own wave giving zero thoughts about the others.

James Potter, by himself, was funny and a boy Remus could see becoming good friends with as well. But throw Sirius Black, the fifth roommate, in with James — and you had hell right in your dorm.

Sirius Black was a jerk. Not even Remus could find excuses for the boys racist and crude remarks. But Remus could handle that on its on. The thing that drove Remus nuts was James and Sirius' constant bickering and nagging and tearing apart of one another. And he had only spent one night with the lot.

The morning after they arrived, Remus caught sight of his sister in the Great Hall during breakfast.

She walked along with another Hufflepuff with dark hair. The girl laughed at something Ariah said, tossing her head back carelessly. Remus felt captivated.