FIFTY

"C'mon everyone!" called Mr. Potter. "No time for breakfast — don't give me that look James you're the one who refused to wake up!"

James grumbled, throwing his bag over his shoulder and trudging out of the house to his father. The rest of the group followed — less moody, but with the same amount of fatigue.

"Goodbye Euphemia," Ariah called. "Thank you for housing us this week!"

"Not a problem! Always a pleasure," called Euphemia as the last child shut the door behind her.

Ariah caught up with Meeka, linking her arm with her best friends. She watched Sirius who messed around with Peter to see who could get James and Remus the most irritated in their half-sleep state. She smiled softly as he let out a laugh when Remus smacked him.

Meeka groaned. "Just kiss him already!"

"Shh!" Ariah flung her hands over her friends mouth, bringing more attention onto the two then Meeka had.

Meeka licked her friends hand, causing Ariah to squeal and let go. "Gross!"

"You're fault for putting your hand by my mouth!" Meeka yelled.

"You're not a dog!"

"No... that's you and Sirius," Meeka whispered so Fleamont wouldn't hear. "See — it's fate."

Ariah smacked her friend. "Will. You. Shut. Up!" she said between smacks.

"Quit smacking me!" Meeka exclaimed. "Just wait — Remus and I are going to lock you and Sirius in a room together. Preferably somewhere outside. When Sirius is shirtless and you're braless in a shirt and booty shorts and niffler slippers."

"One, I do not own niffler slippers," Ariah said. "And two — I get it, it was awkward. But you guys are back together so quit complaining!"

Meeka rolled her eyes. "Then I'll wait until you're wearing your bow-truckle pajamas and you've got that nose strip to keep you from snoring."

Ariah's eyes went wide. "Shh! Don't say all that in public!"

"Bow-truckle pajamas huh?" Sirius asked, scaring the piss out or Ariah.

"Ah!" She bumped into Meeka, putting her friend between her and Sirius. "Er — no... I don't own those..."

"She's got matching slippers too," Remus said, smirking sadistically.

Ariah glared at her brother.

"You snore?!" James asked. "How embarrassing."

"So do you," Sirius said protectively. "Like a wild bear, too."

"I do not!" James proclaimed.

"Yeah you do," Peter and Remus agreed.

"How'd you guys get back to us," Meeka said.

"We were hiding in the tree to scare you both," Peter said. "Worked pretty well if you ask me."

"Oh... Er — uh — how much did you.... what'd you — what'd you guys hear....?" Ariah tried to seem relaxed but it was in vain.

"Just that you have bow-truckle pajamas and a nose strip," Sirius said with a smirk.

Ariah laughed awkwardly. "Cool... not embarrassing at all..."

She picked up her pace, walking ahead of the group to avoid being seen with her red face. Ariah didn't understand how she could be so awkward around Sirius. She was never awkward around boys. But something about Sirius made her knees weak and her heart flutter and all common sense flew out of her head so when she opened her mouth it was nothing but a stuttering mess. Frankly, it was annoying as all hell and Ariah just wanted to turn it off.