THIRTY-SEVEN

"You really didn't have to come to try outs Meeka," Ariah said, as Meeka struggled to carry the equipment on their way to the quidditch pitch.

"I'm not going to let my best friend try out all by herself," Meeka said. "I mean, maybe I'll be so good and then I'll have another thing to keep myself distracted with."

Ariah sighed. "Meeka, are you sure you're okay?"

Meeka nodded. "Totally fine. I'm getting top marks and Professor Sprout says I'm on my way to being prefect!"

"But are you okay? Mentally, y'know?"

"If you're asking if I'm going to get myself expelled and stop showing up to classes — then the answer is no," Meeka said. She was joking, but it rubbed Ariah the wrong way.

"Okay then..."

"Ariah!" Frank wrapped Ariah in a quick embrace. "You decided to try out?"

"I did — I've been messing around with James, Sirius and my dad this summer and thought it would be fun."

"It will be with you on the team," he gave a subtle wink, Meeka clearing her throat.

"Er — Sorry, Meeka. You're trying out too?" Frank asked, cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.

"I am! Think of me as an extreme multitasker!" she beamed.

Ariah rolled her eyes, looking the other way so Meeka wouldn't see. The two had spent quite a lot of time with one another with Meeka now living in the Lupin household — Ariah's room to be exact. And ever since school started up again, Meeka plunged herself into studies and social groups. Ariah found it quite annoying, frankly.

"Well, uh, I should get back with Dana — she's the new captain."

"I'll be rooting for you Ri," he said with a charming smile before jogging back to other 6th year returners.

Ariah sighed dreamily. "He's amazing."

"Yeah," Meeka said, clearly annoyed. "He's a dreamboat, got yourself a keeper."

Meeka jogged over to a group of other people, leaving Ariah annoyed and fuming. The tryouts helped to release the anger and she proved to be quite the talented rookie. By the end of tryouts it was announced that Ariah would the newest keeper. Meeka didn't make the team and guiltily, Ariah was thankful that she didn't. She needed something that didn't involve Meeka right there by her side.

"And to think," Frank said, hanging back in the locker room after everyone else had left. He was leaning against the locker, his arm above Ariah's head in the way that always made her so weak. "I thought you couldn't get anymore attractive."

Ariah smirked, leaning her back against the locker and peering up at Frank as he stepped closer.

"A sweaty, stinky mess is a turn on for you?" Ariah asked.

Frank smirked, leaning closer to Ariah, his head tilting down so his lips came a few centimeters away from hers. "Just on you, love," he whispered.

She smiled, rolling her eyes before pulling him by the shirt, their lips meeting together. Ariah ran her hand up his chest and neck before she knotted her fingers in his hair. His hands moved to the dip in her lower back, pulling her close to his body before slipping his hands in the back pockets of jeans. He bent down, lifting her up she she wrapped her legs around his torso, her back pressing against the locker. She felt dizzy and breathless but continued wanting more.

His lips moved everywhere. Her neck, her jaw, her collarbone. His hands ran up her shirt, his cold hands resting on her hip and just below her breast. His movements weren't aggressive but rather soft and more like a caress.

Suddenly, the door to the locker room opened, causing the two to pull apart.

"Hello?" called madam Hooch. "The locker rooms are closed!"

Ariah and Frank looked at each other with wide eyes before Frank quietly set Ariah back to the ground. They snuck their way behind one of the rows as Madam Hooch's steps grew closer to them. As quietly as they could, the couple moved behind Madam Hooch, exiting the locker room as the coach looked for stranglers.

Once out of the locker rooms, the two ran back to the castle. Frank pulled her into a hidden corridor as they entered the crowded halls.

"That was close," Frank whispered against her lips.

Ariah giggles breathlessly, pushing herself closer to Franks body. "That was fun."

"Sure you weren't suppose to be in Gryffindor?" Frank asked with a smirk. "You're kind of a thrill junky."

Ariah smirked, her lips now against Frank's. "Is that a bad thing?"

He shook his head softly, Ariah moving to press her lips on his and return to what they were interrupted from.

Frank groaned, pulling back. "I'd be a horrible boyfriend if I continued this —"

"No! No," she stood on her tippy-toes, her hand resting on his neck. "You'd be the most amazing boyfriend."

Frank chuckled, lightly pushing Ariah back. "I'd be a horrible boyfriend if I continued this, without asking if you were okay?"

Ariah knitted her brows together in confusion. "I'm fine."

"Really? Because you seemed really angry during try outs," Frank said. "You're kind of, really hot when you're mad but — not the point.."

Ariah rolled her eyes at her anger, running a hand over her face. "Meeka's been on this whole 'I handle trauma better than everyone else' kick and she's been flaunting her good grades and amazing people skills like it's a trophy...."

"Are sure that's what's happening?" Frank asked. "Or, is that just how you feel?"

Ariah looked to her feet, her arms crossed over her chest as she shrugged. Frank stepped closer, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend.

"It's okay," he said. "Everyone grieves differently."

"Why was I so bad at it?" Ariah asked, her arms wrapping around Franks torso as her head nestled in his chest. "And yet she's turned into a saint with amazing grades?"

"No one is good at grieving, Ariah," Frank said. "Some people are just better at hiding their grief than others."

"I don't like the idea of her hurting and not coming to me."

"Sometimes people just have to face their demons on their own," Frank said, pulling out of the hug and holding Ariah as arms length. "You just be there for her and let her know you're not going anywhere — just as she did with you last year. And every pair of best friends need their breaks."

Ariah sighed and nodded, smiling softly. "I love you Frankie."

Frank smiled, pulling her in and kissing her forehead. "I love you too Ari."