SIXTY-TWO

Ariah let out a dramatic sigh as she collapsed on the couch of the Potter's residence. "You should have told me Sirius was babysitting Nymphadora before I came all the way here..."

James rolled his eyes, pushing Ariah off of his lap. "One, didn't even know you were coming, and two, I'm so glad you cherish our friendship as much as I do."

Ariah chuckled. "Sorry," she said. "I just.... miss Sirius..."

"It's been three weeks," James said.

Ariah sighed again. "I know...." she frowned.

"Gross," James muttered. "If I'm ever as gross as you and Sirius with my future girlfriend, shoot me."

"You just need a girlfriend," Ariah said. "Maybe then you wouldn't be so grumpy."

"I'm not grumpy," he mumbled, urging Ariah to give him a look. "Hey, don't give me that look. I'm fine."

Ariah stood up from her place on the couch. "Okay, I'm glad you're fine. And James, I do care about you and our friendship, I hope you know that."

James nodded. "I do."

She gave a half smile, his loneliness overpowering even for Ariah. "I was thinking about bringing Sirius some lunch, do you want to come?"

"And third wheel? No thanks," James said. "But.. thank you for the invite."

"Well if you want you and I can have lunch and then I —"

"I'm fine, Ariah," James said. "Really."

"You know, that I know, that isn't true."

"Okay. But I will be fine," James said. "Now hurry before Sirius loses a three-year-old."

Ariah gave a half smile, leaning down and kissing her friends cheek. "See you around Prongs."

James smiled back, his mood lifting just a bit. "See ya Mave."

Ariah had gone back home before making her way to the Tonks' residence. She wanted to make Sirius a nice lunch and thought it best to make a little extra in case Nymphadora demanded some. She knew how cranky three-year-olds could get when denied their food.

After packing the lunch, she piled onto her broom and left for the Tonks' farm house. As she approached the front door, she could hear the sound of struggles and the frustration was seeping through the cracks of the door. Lifting her hand into a fist, she knocked gently in the door.

Sounds of struggle continued as barking began. Eventually, the door opened revealing a disheveled Sirius who held a struggling toddler in his arms.

"Ariah!" Sirius said with a small smile before the young girl yanked his hair. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd bring you lunch," she said, lifting the basket up to show him. "Looks like you could also use an extra pair of hands."

"What? Psh... I'm fine," Sirius said. "I'm a pro."

Ariah smiled. "I don't doubt that."

She set the lunch basket on the coffee table. "Hey, Nymphadora, do you remember me?"

The pink haired girl quit pulling Sirius' hair, looking to Ariah. A large smile replaced her features. "Ri Ri!"

The young girl flung out of Sirius' arms, running to Ariah who picked her up with ease.

"What do you say we take a break from playing and eat some food," Ariah said. "I made some sandwiches and if you eat all your sandwich I'll even give you a cookie."

Nymphadora's eyes lit up as she nodded excitedly. "Yeah! Uncle Siri hasn't given me food yet," she pouted.

"You said you weren't hungry!" Sirius said indignantly.

"Well now I am!" She said. "Can we play princess and pirates after."

"I think that sounds like a fantastic idea," Ariah said. She leaned to the little girls ear. "And we can make uncle Sirius the princess," she smirked.

Sirius shook his head, trying hard to keep the smile off his face. "You're the worst Ariah."

"His hair is long enough," Nymphadora said, causing Ariah to laugh heartily.

"Hey! I do not have princess hair," Sirius pouted.

Nymphadora grabbed Ariah's face, whispering loud enough for Sirius to hear. "Yes he does."

Ariah chuckled and nodded, lowering her voice just enough to seem like a whisper. "Agreed."

"Okay you both are the worst," Sirius said, picking up the basket. "I'm going to eat all this food and all the cookies!"

He took off in a run, prompting Ariah to let Nymphadora down. "Go catch him!"

The little girl then went off into a full sprint, rushing to tackle her uncle for the food.

The three played outside for a few hours after eating before moving inside to watch Snow White. They had built a fort just in front of the screen where Nymphadora finally fell asleep.

Ariah laid on her side, looking up with a soft smile as she watched Sirius play with Nymphadora's slowly changing hair.

"You're really good with her," Ariah whispered.

Sirius smiled. "So are you.... I was a mess before you came over..."

"Yeah, you were," Ariah said with a fond smile.

Sirius playfully glared at his girlfriend, but the soft smile on his lips betrayed his harsh gaze.

"We make a good team is what I'm trying to say," Ariah said.

"Yeah, we do... I could see us having one together."

Ariah's eyes went wide. "A-A kid?"

Sirius quickly looked up at Ariah, his fingers no longer running through Nymphadora's hair. "N-Not any time soon, o-of course.... but.... i-is that.... that's weird, isn't it?"

Ariah smiled, shaking her head. "How many do we have, in the future?"

Sirius smiled, relaxing significantly. "I think two sounds good, one boy and one girl, what about you?"

"Mmh," Ariah thought. "I think two is a good number."

"Even with everything going on?" Sirius asked.

"We'll protect them," Ariah said. "Make sure they grow up in a safer world."

"You think we can do that?" Sirius asked.

"I'm sure of it," she responded. "What are their names?"

Sirius gave a thoughtful, 'hmm,' before suggesting. "I've always liked the name Celestia..."

"Relating to celestial," Ariah said. "Continuing with the astronomy themed names, huh?"

Sirius let out a quiet chuckle, careful not to wake the sleeping toddler. "One Black tradition I don't mind carrying on."

Ariah smiled. "I like it... I've always liked Philip for a boy."

Sirius nodded. "Celestia and Philip.... would we have to take my last name...?"

"Surely not," Ariah said. "I doubt there are laws forbidding us from taking my last name."

Sirius smiled. "Celestia and Philip Lupin.... I think it sounds better than Celestia and Philip Black."

Ariah smiled, interlacing her fingers with his. "Whatever makes you happy."

"You know I'm being sincere about all this?" Sirius asked, looking Ariah deep in her eyes. "I want a life — a family with you... in the future of course."

She gave a soft and sincere smile. "I know. I want it to."