FOURTEEN

The group now gathered in the hospital wing. The truth laid heavily between the seven.

Once Madame Pomfrey was away and the seven were the only ones in room, questions surrounded Remus.

"So you're really one of them?" James asked.

"Were you born a werewolf?!" Peter asked.

"Why wouldn't you tell us?!" Sirius asked.

"Shut up!" Ariah shouted. The lot of them went silent. "He just had a very difficult transformation and didn't get any sleep — much like the rest of us. So how about you all stop bothering the boy and go take a nap!"

"Ariah," Remus said softly. "It's okay. It's out now... and if you guys wanna get a new roommate, I'm sure I can work something with Dumbledore to be in my own dorm. I totally get it if you all don't want to be friends with me. I'm a monster and —"

"Remus, shut your mouth right now! I will not stand to hear you call yourself that!" Ariah said with a huff. "And if any of you decide to drop my brother — I won't hesitate to drop kick any of you."

"That's not necessary Ri," Remus said.

"Of course it is," Ariah said. "And don't, any of you think, for one second that you're more important to me than my brother — I'd lay my life down for him and —"

"That's really not necessary Ariah," James said. "I don't know about the others, but I for one don't believe this changes anything."

"You don't?" The twins asked.

"Nope! Not at all."

"Frankly I don't think your furry little problem is problematic to our friendship at all," Sirius said with a smile.

Hatred boiled within Ariah. She glared at the boy, hurt and angry.

"Hmm. I didn't think you knew what loyalty was."

She marched past the group, pushing into Sirius' shoulder as she did.

"Since everything is sorted, I'm taking a nap." Ariah left the hospital wing, unable to be in Sirius' presence any longer.

Remus watched his sister storm out of the hospital wing with confusion.

"Er — what did I miss?" He asked, eyeing everyone.

Everyone's eyes turned accusingly to Sirius who was staring intently at his feet as he shuffled them.

"We got into a little argument... it's not a big deal."

Lily scoffed, rolling her eyes and marching after her best friend. Meeka glared after the red head before running to keep up.

James sighed. "Well... are you okay Remus?"

Remus nodded. "Just confused."

"That makes two of us," Peter said.

"I'm pretty tired as well," James said. "You sure you're okay?"

Remus nodded allowing James and Peter to leave. Sirius began to follow but was stopped by Remus' hand.

"Sirius," he said. "What happened?"

The curly haired boy sighed, sitting beside his friend. "I may have said some pretty mean things to her... to make her believe I don't want to be her friend anymore..."

"And why do you want her to think that?"

Sirius shrugged, looking intently at the ground.

"Do you fancy her?"