FIFTY-TWO

"I'm so excited for this celestial ball!" Meeka exclaimed. "I'm going to run for the planning president."

"You'll do amazing at planning it love," Remus said, smiling proudly. "You love planning things."

Meeka beamed brightly. "I do."

"I'm planning on asking Lily," James said. "... if she's not driving me nuts closer to the dance."

"She's not ever going to say yes," Sirius said.

"She'd be lucky to go with you, James," Peter said.

"Peter is my new best friend," James said. "Suck it, Black."

Sirius glared at Peter who smiled proudly. "Suck up..."

"Well I'm planning on asking Jules Riley," Peter said.

"The Ravenclaw prefect?" Meeka asked. "She's like the sweetest human in the world — I can say that because Remmie is only half human."

"You guys are so gross, yet so cute," James said. "It makes no sense."

"What about you Sirius, Ariah?" Peter asked.

"What about us?"
"Nothing!"

The two looked at each other, before quickly looking away from each other.

"You guys have been weird lately...." Meeka said, eyeing the two.

"No we haven't! I-I mean... at least I haven't... I have no reason to be weird.... no reason at all..." Ariah cleared her throat.

"Me either," Sirius said. "None at all... None, at, all..."

".... m'kay," Remus said. "Weirdness confirmed.... changing the topic..."

"Slightly," Meeka said with a mischievous smirk. "Ariah who are you planning on asking to the ball?"

Ariah glared at her friend before her eyes landed on Sirius. She really wanted to go with him, but she had made everything awkward and asking him would only make things even weirder between them.

"Uh... I don't know yet..." Ariah said, catching Sirius' gaze. "It's a while away.... we'll see...."

"Ariah Lupin doesn't have her eye on someone this year?" James asked. "Unique and suspicious...."

"I don't so..." Ariah said, walking ahead of them. "Conversation over, lets go to DADA."

"She seems on edge," Meeka told Remus. She watched her friend walk to the classroom. "Think something happened with her and Sirius?"

"I think they snogged," Remus said.

"No... she would tell me if they did," Meeka said. "That's big."

"Love, she didn't tell you about her and Frank dating for months and that was her only real relationship so far," Remus said.

"But this is her and Sirius!" Meeka exclaimed. "She would tell me."

"Okay, then I bet you 20 sickles that they snogged and that's why they're acting so weird," Remus said.

"You're on!" Meeka said.

"Mind if I get on that action?" James peeked in. "I'll add another 20 to that action adding that Ariah is the one to grow the balls and ask Sirius to the ball."