EIGHTEEN

Ariah and Meeka met up with Lily Evans on the platform, allowing Remus to go search for the guys.

"Now that it's fully just the girls," Meeka said. "What the hell was going on between you and Sirius this break?"

"What?!" Lily asked, turning on her friend. "I thought you hated Sirius and he was being a jerk to you."

"Long story short," Ariah said. "He apologized."

"And the two were more inseparable than ever before," Meeka said. "There was so much sexual tension I was uncomfortable."

"That's not true!" Ariah shouted with an eye roll. She crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm with James...."

"That doesn't mean you can't have feelings for Sirius too," Lily said. She put her hand on her friends shoulders.

Ariah sighed. "I have to break up with him...."

"What?!" Meeka shook her head. "You cannot end something that's good for something that might be good."

"It's not about Sirius," Ariah said.

"Well what then?" Meeka asked.

"Okay... I love James. I really do —"

The hogwarts train whistled three times, signifying their need to come aboard. The three girls began to turn on their heals.

"Bu—"

Ariah froze mid-word, coming face to face with Sirius, Remus and James. Their mouths all fell agape.

"Y-you love me...?" James asked.

She glanced at Meeka and Lily who were visibly cringing.

"Er... we need to talk... alone."

Ariah grabbed her boyfriends hand and quickly found her way to an empty compartment.

"You.... love me...?" James asked again, once the door closed behind them.

".... how much of that did you hear?" Ariah asked.

"That... that you love me..."

Ariah sighed and began pacing the length of the compartment.

"Okay... Okay here it goes. James I —"

"I'm sorry Ariah," James said. "I just.... I don't feel that way. I mean I do... love you just.... not.... like that. And I know this is horrible timing but I was actually.... well I.... ithinkweshouldbreakup."

James closed his eyes, bracing for tears or yelling but nothing happened.

"Oh thank Merlin," Ariah breathed out.

"What?" James blinked.

"I feel the same way! And... besides," she said. "I see the way you look Lily."

Ariah smirked at her now ex-boyfriend as his cheeks turned pink.

"Lily?! I don't... well what about the way you look at Sirius! Yeah. That's right. I see it."

Ariah chuckled nervously, her face turning red.

"I think we'll make better friends," James said with a chuckle.

"Agreed."

"Oh! I know — I can be your wingman with Sirius and you can be my wing... woman with Lily! Do you think I have a chance with her?!"

"Lily? Lily Evans?" She laughed. "No. She hates you."

James pouted. "I'll change that.... with your help??"