SIXTY-FIVE

The next morning, Sirius sat at the gryffindor table pushing his scrambled eggs around his plate. He was so angry at himself for saying those things to Ariah. He needed to apologize but he highly doubted she would forgive him. He clenched his eyes shut, sighing. Of course he would end up ruining this. Sirius only wanted this since year two, and eight months in and he's already ruined everything... he probably ended the two....

"Mate," James elbowed Sirius, the dark haired boy opening his eyes and sitting up, startled by his smirking friend. "You look like a lost puppy right now."

Sirius just sighed, pushing his plate out of his sight. His eyes scanned for a sign of Ariah but she was no where in the Great Hall. Neither was Meeka and Remus....

He cringed, thinking about how the three were probably talking about banning him from the group. Letting out a groan, Sirius slumped his head onto the table.

"Geez, mate," Peter said. "Did you and Ariah break up or something?"

Sirius only let out a louder sigh. He wasn't sure if they were broken up... but he was sure that soon, they would be.

"Bloody hell!" Dylan shouted. "You can't have broken up! Why!?"

Sirius sat up, moving his hair out of his face. "We're not... broken up..." he mumbled.

"But something happened?" Dylan asked. "You look like a guy who royally messed up."

"How do you know she didn't royally mess up?" James asked. "This is Ariah we're talking about. She's prone to —"

"Ariah didn't do anything wrong!" Sirius snapped. "And it's really none of your guys' business."

"Sirius Orion," came Meeka's voice. Sirius sat up straighter, frightened by the hufflepuff as she stood, arms crossed over her chest. "We need to chat."

"I'll make sure your funeral is somewhere nice," James said, patting Sirius' back.

Sirius rolled his eyes at his friend, standing to his feet and following Meeka.

"Where's Remus...?" Sirius asked.

"With Ariah," Meeka said shortly. "Y'know, your girlfriend who's heart you shattered."

Sirius cringed as the two exited the Great Hall. "I— I know I messed up —"

Meeka scoffed as they rounded a corner, entering a secluded room. "You more than messed up, Sirius. How could you say something like that to her?! She was just trying to help!"

"I know! Okay... I - I was just.... I was so angry and... and she-she was there.... I just.... lashed out." Sirius bit his lip, wiping a tear. "I didn't mean any of it..."

"No," Meeka said, pointing a finger at him. "You don't get to cry — you don't get to receive pity — you broke her heart."

He sighed, running a stressed hand through his hair. "Do you think... do you think this is..." he sighed again. "Will she ever forgive me?"

"Honestly?" she asked. "I don't know. She hasn't talked since last night. I grabbed Remus this morning after I realized she was missing.... he found her with the map deep in the forbidden forest..."

"The forbidden forest?" Sirius asked. "Well do you have the map now?"

"No, I don't Remus took it to find Ariah," Meeka said. "Not that you need it because frankly I doubt Ariah would want to see you right now."

"Okay I think Ariah is doing okay," came Remus' voice. "She was pretty sad when I arrived but... she quickly turned that sadness to anger.... scary, scary anger..."