TWENTY-FIVE

A week without the Lupin's seemed to go on for an infinite amount of time for Sirius. Even though he hadn't really spoken to Ariah since the start of school, not being able to see her around the halls left a giant whole inside of him. Not to mention, the dorm without Remus was hell.

James and Sirius had been friends for a little over two years, but that didn't mean they didn't argue any less. In fact, Sirius was pretty sure the only reason the two hadn't killed each other sooner was because of Remus.

Sure, their arguments were as stupid and pointless as ever before — and over the smallest things. Without Remus, however, they almost always ended in slap fights.

Peter was unhelpful in the matter, watching with a bored expression before he left the two to wrestle over who got to sleep with Custard — the orange cat with a crooked tail that the two had found in hogsmeade and smuggled into the castle.

Their fifth roommate, Alastor Moody, had grown closer to the four boys over the year was always willing to get involved in their arguments. Unlike Remus, he got aggressive with them causing all three of the boys to get into a slap war.

That's where the three boys were in that moment as Remus walked through the room with his suit case.

Peter, who sat on his bed watching the mess unfold, ran up to the peacemaker.

"Remus! Thank God you're back!" Peter said, wrapping his arms around the tall and lanky boy.

Alastor, James and Sirius froze in place. James and Sirius quickly ran up to wrap the boy in a group hug.

"We're a mess without you mate!" called Alastor. "But I don't hug."

"What the bloody hell were you three just fighting about?" Remus asked as the four pulled out their embrace.

"Well, you see...." Sirius fell short of an explanation. "Er — we..."

"We were fighting because...." James looked between the two boys. "Because..."

"I was fighting with them because they wouldn't stop fighting," Alastor stated.

"Of course..." Remus made his way to his bed. "Look I'd love to catch up but —"

"No buts!" Sirius pointed at his friend. "We're getting the gang together and we're going to play board games in the room of requirement."

"Are we now?"

"Of course we are!" James said. "We've had it planned since you and Ariah left."

"Well Ariah isn't going to want to go," Remus said. "Even if she did want to, she has some private tutoring lessons with Frank Longbottom."

"What?" Sirius asked a bit too quickly. "Private tutoring lessons with Frank Longbottom!? Who authorized that?"

"Dumbledore... why are you being weird about it..."

"Yeah it's not like you've even talked to her all year," Peter said.

"I'm not being weird about it!" Sirius said. "Whatever. She has a private tutor lesson with Frank Longbottom? Whatever. I don't care..."

"Yeah...." Alastor said as he rose from his bed. "I'm going to find some firewhiskey."

He left the dorm, leaving the four boys alone.

"He's going to be an alcoholic when he's older," Peter said. "I'm calling it."

"If I were a girl I'd totally snog Longbottom," James said. "He's a fantastic quidditch player and — have you seen his face??!"