roomate [9]

chapter nine

ali's pov

Friday morning i woke up smiling. smiling, because i had a date with an extremely hot, AND sweet guy. and just to add icing on the cake, i'd been ignoring Jack for the last two days and it was pissing him off, i loved it.

i lazily picked up my phone and smiled when i saw that it was already 6:00. dang, i slept well.

i was surprised when my phone dinged with a text from Luke.

luke: hey gorgeous ❤️ ill be there in an hour and a half, be ready and dress nice.

shit. shit. shit. shit. shit.

my brain screamed at me to get ready and i jolted up, throwing the covers off of my body and running into my bathroom.

i felt dizzy for a moment from the sudden movement and leaned against the counter before rushing to turn the shower on.

waiting for it to get hot i walked into the closet and picked the cutest dress that my eye caught (above), hanging it on the doorhnob.

i striped my cloths off and jumped into the shower, instantly relaxing from the heat that ran down my body.

i started calculating in my head how long it would take to get ready while i scrubbed my shampoo into my scalp.

i decided to let myself stay in the shower for a maximum of 20 minutes and instantly finished my hair when i remembered i needed to shave.

dang, being a girl is hard as hell.

i huff in annoyance and take my razor from the small built-in shelf on the wall on my shower and begin to shave my legs.

well, at least they're not long.

i giggle at my thoughts and hum a tune as i finally finish shaving, checking twice to make sure i didn't miss any spots.

"okay ali, you can do this. you can get ready in this very short amount of time. it will ne stressful but you can do it." i give myself a little pep-talk before pulling the curtains aside and screeching when i see Jack in my bathroom. i instantly pull the curtains to their original spot.

"WHAT THE FUCK JACK? GET OUT!" i yell and i hear him chuckle.

"sorry. i needed toothpaste. and come on, can you please open the curtain again? i barely even saw a blur of skin." i sigh in relief, knowing he didn't see much, but my mood instantly shifts back to anger.

"so? take the damn toothpaste and go back to YOUR bathroom. im in a rush and i need to get ready. GET OUT" i scream and peak out of the curtain to see him trying to look in at me.

"DEAR LORD JACK GET OUT NOW!" i yell and he jumps back.

"god, fine. who lit the fuse in your tampon?" he chuckles at his own lame joke and retreats from my bathroom, not bothering to shut the door and leaving it wide open.

i grumble in annoyance and reach as far as i can, grabbing a fluffy towel and wrapping it around my body.

only now do i notice that goosebumps fill my skin and i find myself sighing when the warm towel makes contact with it.

i put on my spotify playlist and shut the door, making sure to lock it this time.

i hum along and replace my towel with a robe, putting the towel i used around my head, to dry my hair.

for makeup after i do my full face, i put a brown color in my crease, than sparkly gold on my eyelids and winged eyeliner on top. i paint my lips dark red and add more highlighter, just because you never have enough highlighter.

after letting my now dry hair down, i take out my curler and part it to the side while it heats up, then curl it in separate directions until im happy with the soft curls i've made with my long hair.

i swiftly pull my dress on and grab my simple black pumps fron my closet.

the doorbell rings as i tie the strap on my left heal and i grab my perfume, spraying it all over myself.

i freeze when i hear the door open and growl in annoyance.

fucking Jack.

"god damnit" i whisper scream and violently put the long strap of my purse over my shoulder, grab my phone and run out of my bedroom door.

i nearly fall and decide to walk, making my chance of like 99 percent better than it would've been.

"oh there she is!" Jack's cheerful voice surprises me and he turns around to meet my gaze. i emmidiatly turn my gaze to Luke instead and smile when he looks ho as ever.

"hey!" i say, smiling and walking over to him. Jack's eyes follow me every step of the way.

"hey, dang you look so beautiful." he says and i blush at his words.

"thank you." i say curtly and turn to look at Jack, who is still standing there awkwardly.

"by the way Ali, dont forget. i still need help with my homework so be here by 11, i would like to go to bed." i manage not to roll my eyes

"thats fine, she'll be here." Luke says confidently and i can see Jacks jaw visibly clench.

dang he looks really hot when he does tha- wait. what the hell am i thinking? im going on a date with a guy and thinking about how hot my ROOMATE is. i have serious issues.

i push the thoughts away and smile as we exit the dorm.

i just need to forget tonight.

--------

a/n

the support on the book is so unreal, thank you to everyone that votes, comments, and reads! ILYSM !!

ill try to update again asap.

-andrea 🍑