roomate [18]

chapter 17 is private,,

chapter 18

ali's pov.

i was beyond embarrassed, and i certainly didn't want to meet his mom, right after what had just gone down.

i was wearing anything but what i wanted to to meet the guy i liked and roommates mom, –leggings and a large shirt, it was all that was clean. I could hear them talking from the living room and when I heard my name mentioned I wanted to crawl into a hole.

I didn't want to meet Jack's parents (or mom) yet, and I was already having some regrets from the actions from only a few minutes ago. I hoped things would not become awkward from now on –i would hate the so much, and just knowing I would probably be the one to make it awkward made my stomach drop.

I ran a brush through my hair, trying desperately to get the tangled mess to tame itself. It was near an impossible mission. I decided upon putting it into a bun, making sure that was not too messy. I had already washed my hands and my face. Could you even imagine what it would be like to meet his mom with.. you know.. on my hands and face? I shutter at the thought. 

Making sure I look at good as I can at the moment I slowly open my door. Thinking that maybe, just maybe, they wont hear me open it.

Lucky for me, it makes a screech to the gods, causing them to snap their heads in my direction –I was now in the spotlight, instead of their conversation. His mom's face stretched into a kind smile, as she approached me, her arms outstretched.

"Oh! You must be Ali —oh, I have heard so much about you, it is such a pleasure to finally meet you!" She says, embracing me in a hug. I almost let out a sigh of relief, knowing she is not one of those judgmental parents now. 

"I can say the same!" I lie-"It is such a pleasure to be meeting you right now, Jack talks non-stop about you." I say, offering her a kind smile, in which she returns with even more enthusiasm than last time

"really?" she turns her head to face jack- with what I assume either a smile or a confused look.

"Yes!" i say, bringing her attention jack to me "He is for sure a moma's boy" I finish, and send him a smirk when she isn't looking over her shoulder, in which he returns with a glare.

"Oh! He always has been! One time he feel of the playg-" She started, and was –of coarse– cut off by a very rude Jack.

"mom." He said, his cheeks start to turn pink and she laughs- "Not that story please" he says, cringing.

"Oh come on! Jus-" she was again cut off, but this time by her phone making a loud, annoying sound. She sighed and picked it up.

"Yes?" she acquired, her voice holding obvious annoyance at the timing of the call.

"Oh." She said, her tone holding disappointment. "Ok yeah, i'm on my way." She than snapped her little flip phone shut and looked at Jack with sympathy in her eyes.

"Darling, I have a work emergency, I have to go." she than turns to me- "I'm so sorry, it was such a pleasure to meet you, really, I can't want to get to know you better." She says and goes to give Jack a hug, who looks quite disappointed with the situation.

"Yeah. It's fine mom. bye." He said, leading her to the door and shutting it as soon she was outside. He was obviously pissed, but I didn't want to push it.

He seemed hurt, and I figured I would talk to him later when I heard his door slam.

---
a/n

as promised , an update

sorry it's just a filler. ):

but i love you all so so much, thank you for the love and support on my book. :)

-madeline