Chapter 1 - Baby Meets Stormie

Stormie's P.O.V
"We're heading out mom!" Riker called then filed out with all my children.

I sighed, my babies grew up so quick. It seems like it was only yesterday that Riker was too afraid to go to his first day in kindergarten. He clung on my leg for his life when we dropped him off. Now? He can't wait to get away from me!

He's doing great with R5, Ross started working on a Disney channel show. I'm proud of what they've accomplished but there is just this empty spot in my heart that can't seemed to be filled.

"What's wrong Storm?" Mark asks sitting down next to me

"I want another kid" I said suddenly, surprising even myself

"Don't you think we're getting a bit too old for this?" Mark chuckled

"I know, I just feel like they don't need us anymore. I just want someone I can baby" I said softly

"We can always adopt, we have the money and the room" he suggests. I instantly lit up and kissed him

"Too much PDA!" I heard Ross behind us, "forgot my wallet" he said quickly then ran out.

"Remember the time we had to drop Ross off at his first day of kindergarten? We had so much practice with Riker, Rydel and Rocky and thought we could handle it? Boy were we wrong, he freaked out over just being an inch away from you. You had to promise him a new toy until he would let you go" Mark laughed

"Do you remember how easy it was with Rocky? He practically sprinted off as soon as we stopped the car! We thought he would be fine until we got a call from the teacher saying that he won't nap without mommy" I laughed along

"Those were the days, now? They'd do anything to get away from us" I sighed

"Well it's only 12 o'clock, wanna go around to all the orphanages and see if anyone catches your eye?" Mark offers. I nodded and we got in the car, driving off to the nearby orphanage. In my head, I started to imagine the child I want to help.

"Let's just check them out today, I want to talk to everyone else first" I said as we pulled up, "I don't want this to be a surprise to them"

Mark agreed as we walked into the "Los Angeles Bay Orphanage". We saw other couples walking around looking at kids and their profiles. Kids from the ages of 0-5 lives here while older ones lived next door. Mark went to talk to the receptionist while I just strolled around. Kids ran around and played while some were eating. Sippy cups and pacifiers laid all throughout the lobby. I smiled as I watched a couple asked a young girl if they can adopt her. After walking around the entire house, I remembered seeing a playground outside so I made my way there. Caretakers played with kids, chasing them around and carrying them.

I walked a full lap around looking at each kid closely as they played. Some got along with everyone while some just played in groups, then I saw two kids that stood alone in the far side on the playground. A brunette and a blonde, the brunette one looked like he was a bit older and the blonde looked like he was around the age of 3. I asked the caretaker who over looked the playground and she told me that today, the older kids from the orphanage next door could come and play with the younger ones. I took a seat on a bench and watched the two carefully. The blonde had a dirty white shirt, some shorts and no shoes or socks while the brunette had a black shirt, grey shorts and some worn out sneakers. Suddenly the brunette pushed the blonde boy hard and started kicking him. I instantly shot up and ran to stop him, as well as the other caretakers.

"Alright Josh, time out and no play time anymore" the overseeing caretaker said taking the brunette back over to the other side of the fence. The blonde boy stayed down and curled up into a ball, quietly crying. Now that I was closer I saw that he was somewhat...different. His skin tone definitely suggest he's white but I saw hints of Asian in his face. He looked super skinny and his arms looked like twigs.