Chapter 30 - Baby Meets a Year Later

Williams P.O.V
It's been a year...347 days to be exact. I walked along the cold icy road in downtown Washington. I had the whole Sherlock Holmes look now, the hat and trench coat. It made sense I dressed like this, my nephew was missing and I swore to god that I will find him. I could never forget the day I found out he was kidnapped...

Flashback

I opened the door to my small apartment, It's 9PM and I was exhausted, I sat down on the couch and accidentally turned on the TV. Just before I went to turn it off, I heard,

Breaking News! This just in, Ryan Lynch, adoptive brother of the upraising Rock Band "R5" was abducted earlier today. Authorities have released a public statement from the Lynch Family.

The mother of the family popped up on the screen, she spoke strongly but I can tell that there is an ocean of tears ready to pour out any second,

"We don't know who would want to take him. He's done nothing wrong but life has been so unfair to him. I'm begging to his safe return, everyone begs for his safe return...im sorry" she turned away and wiped away some tears.

The band will be taking some time off, if you have any information regarding the missing child, please contact your local authorities.

End of Flashback

I've been tracking the bastard that took him. He's on the run not just for kidnapping, he broke out of prison just a week prior to Ryan's kidnapping. The connected between him and Ryan is definite.

Viktor Harris, age 42. Worked in the orphanage back in Los Angeles where Ryan was raped. Arrested for suspicion, later convicted of Child Molester. It was never clear who raped Ryan but after the kidnapping, the other inmates admitted that Viktor has been planning revenge for the entire time he was in prison. On Saturday morning, an armed vehicle rammed down the walls of "Welshire Heights". One of the escaped inmates obviously was Harris.

I stopped by a diner, my hands fumbled around with the necklace I gave to Ryan just a year prior. The green gem glistened in the light, I got it from my informant a few months back. The waitress took my order, which was just a small coffee.

I figured out how Harris operates, he moves around every 2 months. They've been in San Diego, Las Vegas, San Jose, Sacramento then for a week back to Los Angeles. A few months ago, they moved to Salem, Oregon and now, Seattle, Washington.

My thoughts were interrupted when my informant had arrived. She took a seat in front of me and slipped an enclosed envelope across the table.

"It's all I can get right now, good luck" she says then slipped out. I chuckled slightly, she was my contact in the FBI. You'd think someone who just got out of prison a year ago would stay away from law enforcement...well I can't...she was my lover, years ago. I finished the coffee slowly then headed to a hotel she booked for me. Inside the envelope was a picture taken yesterday of my target. Ryan wasn't with him but it was Harris alright. He was spotted yesterday entering an abandoned house just 10 minutes away from my current location.

"I'm coming Ryan, I'm coming" I breathed

Ross' P.O.V
I sat in the dressing room, everyone around me was having their own conversations. My eyes fixed on a picture of Ryan and I...the one we took shortly before he was ripped away from me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Riker. He took this harder than anyone else, even me.

Flashback

It's been a week since we got back from tour. The day came for Ryan to leave and stay with Mamoo for a while. We stayed strong so he wouldn't worry but the moment he disappeared down the street in the car, we broke down.

Later That Night...

I sat on the couch, staring at the picture I took with Ryan just a few hours ago. Everyone did their own thing to try and hide the fact that there's not gonna be little footsteps running up and down the halls, no cute giggles around the house, no waking up to feel a small bundle of joy next to you every morning.

I jumped at the sound of the house phone. I picked up thinking it was Mamoo, she said she would call when Ryan gets there.

"Hey ma-" I got cut off

"There was someone in our house! He took Ryan!" She screamed.

The world stopped around me, the phone slipped out of my hands and crashed against the floor. I took off upstairs to find mom and bursted through her door. She was taking a nap but woke up at the sound of her door slamming open.

"Ross? Honey what's wrong?" She asks sitting up. Tears ran down my face uncontrollably as I made my way over to her bedside.

"Ma-Mamoo c-called" I stuttered

"Take a breath honey" mom patted my back gently

I took a breath then broke down on her lap, "SOMEONE TOOK HIM!" I screamed

It wasn't long before everyone appeared by the door. I managed to calm down long enough to explain Mamoos phone call.

A week after, the police found a body in the forest nearby. They believe it fits the description of Ryan but the body was already too rotten to be sure. They retrieved Ryan's necklace, although we never saw the body, the sight of the necklace broke us all.

End of Flashback

"I miss him too" he says wiping away my tears with his thumb. Everyone else in the room stopped talking and looked at us. I remember the months after Ryan was taken, Rydel wouldn't leave his room. Riker went out looking from sunrise to sunset with Rocky. Mom cried for days and dad went to the police station everyday. Ryland tried to hold us together and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be on tour right now... Ellington nearly went awol, he took it upon himself thinking that it's all his fault...it wasn't. It was all out fault, for letting our guard down, to let that monster take him.

"I just can't believe he's gone" I whispered, it feels like I was just holding him a minute ago and now, it's been a year since he's gone.

"Come on, let's all a moment of silence for Ryan" dad says taking a shaky breath. We all got up and stood in a circle and held hands. I prayed that he will somehow be alive, I prayed that I can wake up one day and feel him curled up next to me.