Chapter 22 - Baby Meets New York

Stormie's P.O.V
I sat on the plane, Ryan was asleep next to me. He laid sprawled out with his head resting on my lap. I took a deep breath then finally closed my eyes.

Flashback to a couple hours ago...

I went upstairs to wake Ryan up from his nap for lunch. Just as I walked in the door, I saw a figure standing over him. I bursted into the room scaring the mysterious man away. He looked at me then threw a knife he was holding at me. I barely stepped out of the way, the knife landed on the wall inches away from my face. He threw a note down then jumped out the window. I ran over to make sure Ryan was okay, he was sound asleep, unscathed. I went to the window, not a single hint of that man being here. My eyes flew to the knife on the wall, he could have killed me then and there. After making sure the window is locked, I carefully picked up the unusually sharp object. It wasn't any knife I've ever seen before and I'm terrified of it. What the note said, terrified me even more.
The note read,

Hand him over or Im coming for him

I quickly called the police and they arrived in a few minutes. I explained to them of what I saw then handed them the knife.

"Are you certain of what you saw Mrs. Lynch?" One of the detectives asks

"I'm sure" I tried to be calm

"You haven't recently angered someone enough for them to threaten your child?" The other asks

"I'm certain" I was getting annoyed at how stupid these questions are

"The child, our records indicate that he came from the orphanage that was shut down due to child molester. The CPS also reported that he was "bought", the suspect has been convicted and proven guilty. Perhaps someone seeks revenge" the main detective mumbles

"Revenge? My child has only been a victim all of his life! He hasn't done anything wrong and yet he was abused. Whoever is coming for him is completely crazy!" I felt furious

"We will work on solving this case ma'am. For the mean while we suggest you go out of town, do you have somewhere to go?"

Of course I had somewhere to go. At this point I have to go on tour, I don't have a choice. The detectives took the knife and left, they assigned two officers to guard the house while I packed. I took all the important documents left since Mark took most of them already then packed some cloth. Ryan sat on the bed watching "Power Rangers: Jungle Fury" while I zoomed around his room packing his cloth.

By about 4PM, I was done packing everything and went online to order tickets. The next flight to New York was at 3AM. Everything else was booked so I had to choose that one. With about 10 hours to spare and with officers guarding us I felt somewhat relieved.

I decided it would be best to go around locking all the windows and doors upstairs since I already have everything I need and I could probably hear if someone opens a door. I sat on the couch cuddling with Ryan until 8PM, not wanting to let go. I think he knows something's wrong, he had this concerned look in his eyes. He stopped worrying when I told him that we were going to see Dada and everyone else. It's just simpler to tell him the half truth more than telling him that someone wants to take him from me. I made a small dinner for Ryan since I had no appetite what so ever then gave him a quick bath. Once the munchkin knocked out, I turned off all the water and gas in the house then cleared the fridge out.

2AM came around quick and I called a cab. With one last look at our home, I shuttered at the thought that someone can break in so easily. I locked the door and carried my sleeping baby boy to the cab. The police were nice enough to escort us to LAX then left when we boarded the plane.

End of Flashback

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are now beginning our decent into LaGuardia Air Port. The captain and the crew thank you for choosing Delta Air Lines and wishes you a great day" I opened my eyes slowly, taking in my surroundings.

Ryan was still asleep but some how found his way on to my lap fully. He woke up by time we were getting off from all the commotion and looked at me worriedly, he's still not that comfortable with a lot of people surrounding him. He was still wearing his onesie so I changed him the moment I found a bathroom into a set of cloth I prepared ahead.

"Where here?" He asks when we were waiting at the baggage claim

"We're in New York sweety" I said scanning the vast amounts of luggage now arriving. I quickly spotted my black suitcase with the R5 symbol painted on top. It's about 9AM now, we arrived a bit earlier than I anticipated, I decided to kill sometime by getting breakfast, I heard the little munchkins stomach growl like 3 times.

???'s P.O.V
I walked through the empty house, the photos of her family disgusted me. That bitch took off the second I made my move, she will be back. It's all that trash's fault I was locked up, thanks to a little help, I'm out! Now I plot my revenge, my revenge for that little bastard that ruined my life. Just you wait Ryan Lynch, I will give you hell again.

Rocky's P.O.V
Riker and I got to the airport right at 10, it took a bit to find parking so I went on ahead to look for them. I spotted mom after a few minutes of running around, she sat with Ryan at a Café. Ryan was munching on cookies while mom sipped her coffee, something was wrong...mom looked like she hasn't slept in days. I made my way to the two and hugged mom from behind. She jumped slightly then calmed down when she saw it was me.

"Woah mom, are you okay?" I asked very concerned

"Wocky!" Ryan smiled brightly then made grabby hands at me. I smiled back then picked him up, he rested his head on my shoulder and hugged my neck. "Miss you" he mumbled, I patted his back,

"Missed you too Little Rock Star"

"We need to have a family meeting, like asap" mom says grabbing her suitcase. Something must have happened if she's so freaked out.

"Yeah, okay ill call dad on our way to the venue. Let's go" I said taking her hand. We found Riker outside waiting for us, mom somewhat relaxed when we got in the car and I buckled Ryan in then sat next to him. I played with my baby bro who I have missed so much and would steal glances at mom every once in a while, she stared out at the city of Manhattan as if in a trance. Im worried...