Chapter 40 - Baby Meets Christmas Love

Stormie's P.O.V
I laid in bed, the morning light is shining through the shade cracks. My babies all sound asleep around me. I held my little bundle of joy and watched him sleep. After a year apart, I didn't want to let him go, not even a second. A few more minutes pasted before I decided to get up. I tucked Ryan in next to Mark and placed a soft kiss upon his forehead. Careful not to step on my babies, who were all spread out on the floor, I made my way downstairs.

"Morning!" May greeted as I walked into the living room. She handed me a cup of coffee then sat down. "So what happened last night? It sounded like there was a party!"

"Not much, other than getting the best present ever" I laughed slightly. My hands closed around the warm cup, feeling the warmth of the delicious beverage.

"What is it?" May asked curiously raising an eye brow.

"You'll see" I smiled then walked into the living room. It was early, 6 o'clock to be exact. The kids won't be up for hours, especially since they went to sleep super late from all the emotions.

Sipping my coffee, I casually scrolled through the news on TV. Nothing interested me so I turned on a random channel that just happened to be playing "Home Alone". I wasn't really watching the movie...the realization just hit me that we didn't get Ryan any Christmas presents and it is way too late to go buy anything. Come on Storm, there has to be something you could do...just think...

Ross' P.O.V
"Ryan Lynch Kidnapped!"

"Police found dead body possibly missing child Ryan Lynch"

"Ryan Lynch pronounced officially deceased"

My eyes shot open as I gasped for air. It was a just a nightmare...or was it? Was last night just a dream too? Is Ryan really back with us?

I looked around and saw everyone sound asleep. After almost stepping on Rocky's private parts, I made my way over to the bed. As soon as I saw the little bundle of joy, my breathing calmed.

Many thoughts ran through my mind...I haven't been doing great for the past few months. The truth is...I actually lost a few pounds. It's not crazy like 20 pounds but still...it's not good. At first I thought no one would notice but I was wrong. I panicked when Ellington pointed out that I looked skinnier and lied saying that I've been working out a lot. It felt weird to have to force myself to eat but it was only a few times. Usually I'm still pretty hungry, there was just those few times when I had no appetite, like last night.

Somewhere along my thoughts, my hand found its way to Ryan's. I had forgotten how small his hands were compared to mine. Suddenly, his hand gripped around my index finger. I saw tears streaming down his face, it almost felt like déjà vu. I picked him up gently and cradled him in my arms.

"Don't worry bubba...I'm here" I whispered stroking his soft hair, "I'm here". He stopped stirring and settled down a little, I carefully wiped his tear stained cheeks then tucked him back into bed. I noticed his hair was partially black, his roots were growing blonde though...hm...

I heard the door bell ring and went downstairs to see who it was. Turns out aunt May already answered it. A man that looked about 30 years old stood by the door way.

"Oh! He's my guest" mom said from the living room. The man looked at me and smiled a little, something clicked in the back of my head. He looked so familiar but I can't seem to remember.

"Oh for god's sake Ross, put a shirt on!" Mom said when she saw me. I quickly ran upstairs and grabbed a t-shirt and some sweat pants. When I passed Mom and Dad's room, I saw that Ryan was awake. He made grabby hands at me so I picked him up then went downstairs.