Chapter 8 - Baby Meets Tattoo

Stormie's P.O.V
It's one thing to walk into the house to find your sons sleeping. It's another then they are the most adorable thing in the world. Ryan laid on Riker's chest sound asleep while Riker kept his hands on Ryan's back, hold him tight. After taking a few hundred pictures, I brought in the groceries and some more stuff for Ryan. All of the baby stuff we used to have were sent to my sister and Mark's brothers for their kids.

"Mom?" I heard Riker whisper

"Yeah" I said coming out of the kitchen

"A little help please" he said pointing to Ryan

"Awww but you two look so adorable though" I cooed

"I need to pee mom" he says somewhat annoyed

"Okay, okay" I said walking over. I managed to get Ryan's tiny hands off his shirt and Riker sprinted for the bathroom. It's already 4, if I don't wake him up, he's not gonna sleep tonight.

"Ryan honey, time to wake up" I said gently poking his nose. His eyes fluttered open and he did a little yawn.

"Yes mama" he mumbled rubbing his eyes

"Wow so formal" I smiled kissing his forehead

"Do you wanna watch TV?" I asked grabbing the remote. He nodded slowly so I turned on Disney, "Good Luck Charlie" was on so I just left it there. While he was distracted by the TV, I called the family pediatrician, Dr. Lobardy

"Stormie! What a pleasant surprise!" She greeted when she picked up

"Raven! How are you?" I asked

"Good, good, I'm coming to the next R5 concert like promised" she replied

"That's great! I'm sure everyone would love to see you again"

"So, is there anything I can do for you?" She asked

"Yes, I recently adopted a 3 year old boy and I noticed that he's been sleeping a lot" I replied taking a glance at Ryan

"Congratulations! Hope to meet him soon! Now, a lot? How much specifically?" She asks intrigued

"Well, he went to bed at 8 last night, woke up at 8 this morning then fell asleep till 10. He fell asleep at lunch for another hour, then when I came home, he was sleeping again" I explained

"Hmmm...it's natural for a child to sleep for at least 10-12 hours over night then 1-3 hours nap time in the afternoon. Perhaps it has to do with his previous living style but I don't think it's a problem if he gets an hour or two more of sleep. There shouldn't be nothing to worry about unless he starts to sleep more" she went on talking about how his living style can affect everything later on. The problem is I don't really know how he lived before us. I only assume he was treated badly since he's scared of everyone and everything.

"Okay thanks Raven, I'll take him to see you soon" I replied

"No problem Stormie" she said then hung up

"Mom, I'm taking Ryan out back to the pool" Riker says already holding Ryan in his arms

"Okay! Be careful by the pool side, it's slippery" I replied

Riker's P.O.V
I sat Ryan down by the pool and turned him towards me. You might think this is stupid but I just really need practice.

"Okay buddy, I need some help with something. All you need to do is listen and look pretty" I explained quickly. He stared at me blankly then nodded.

"Okay" I said taking a deep breath

*An Hour Later*

I think I got it down, it's different when you're practicing on an actual person than your reflection. Although I'm not sure if Ryan actually paid attention to me. He just kept looking around and watched the sunset as I ranted on but I didn't care. This is happening tomorrow...I'm so nervous!

"Wikey" I heard Ryan say then turned to him

"Yes buddy" I smiled

He pointed to the pool and stared at me

"Do you wanna go swimming?" I guessed, he somewhat nodded so I took him upstairs to get changed. I had picked out some cute blue swim trunks for him yesterday and knew it would come in handy soon. I helped him changed the grabbed some towels and headed downstairs. Mom was already making dinner so I just snuck past her quietly

"Okay buddy, hold on to me okay?" I said as I stepped into the shallow end. The cold water felt somewhat refreshing against my feet. I lowered Ryan into the cold water and he didn't seemed fazed at all. I got him a swim ring and he played with the water while I fully submerged myself, washing all the nervousness away. I swam around for a few minutes. When I came back up, he was gone! I quickly swam to the edge of the pool where the ring ended up and saw small foot prints along the concrete. I got out and grabbed the towels then followed the foot prints to the tree in our backyard. I looked around then found him playing with the neighbors cat! He saw me and sent the cat off then walked back over to me.

"You like kitties, don't you?" I smiled drying his blonde hair. For the first time, he gave me a smile which melted my heart. "I think that's enough swimming for one night" I said wrapping the towel around his tiny body. I took him back up to my room and dried him off. While I dried his body, I noticed something on the side of his ribs, something I didn't notice before. After careful examination, I realized it was a tattoo!

"Woah..." I said tracing the black writing. Ryan started giggling, I forgot he was ticklish. It was getting late and I needed to go pick everyone up so I brought Ryan back down to mom then took a quick shower. I definitely need to talk to mom about the tattoo on Ryan, I'm pretty sure it's not legal to have one at such a young age.

"Mom, I'm gonna go pick everyone up!" I yelled before walking out. I started the car then drove into the Hollywood freeway. The cool L.A air blew against my arm as I thought about my baby brother, what has he truly been through?