Chapter 35 - Baby Meets Comfort

Williams P.O.V
I woke up at 6am and paced around the hospital room. The walls were painted with cartoon characters and flowers. Ryan laid on the bed fast asleep. His casted leg slightly elevated to help heal faster. It's been two days and I haven't left his side. That wasn't the plan...I'm supposed to be in Canada by now. Everything went planned until now, I needed to leave him, leave him to his new family. Something in me stopped me from calling the mother, from telling those two Lynch kids. I thought I had made it clear to myself, I needed to protect him but not get too attached. I wanted to start a new life, where I can just start over but I realized I can't. I can't do that until he's safely with his family again...so what's keeping me from reuniting with his family?

"Stop staring out the window you weirdo" Lisa said behind me. I turned and smiled,

"It's what I do best" I replied, "let's talk outside" I said taking a quick glance at Ryan to make sure he's fine.

"Been interrogating Viktor, he wouldn't budge. Tested his blood and everything, he has STD/AIDS" she spat out when I closed the door

It caught me off guard but I quickly recovered, "the doctor already ran a test, he's fine"

"Are you sure? This is pretty serious" she says fiddling with her hands, she always did that when she's nervous. I smiled and took her hands,

"I'm sure...but I'll request another test when he wakes up" I assured her. She looked at me and pulled away awkwardly,

"Umm....you should go rest. It's been days since you had a shower and you're starting to stink" she says looking away from me.

I chuckled, "whatever you say"

"I rented a room for you in the hotel across the street, there are some new cloth for you in the closet, I'll watch over him so don't worry" she says handing me a key card.

"Thank you" I said softly. She nodded and went back into Ryan's room. I looked at the key card in my hand and put it in my pocket. It's true I did need rest...but breakfast sounded amazing right about now.

Rocky's P.O.V
"AHHHHHHH SUCK IT!" I screamed as I beat Ross in "Mortal Kombat". I watched as my character sawed his characters head in half.

"Fatality" the game announced

"Bro that's not fair, you always play him" Ross pouts

"That's not true, I play him most of the time" I smarted

"Whatever" he scuffed then got up, "play with Ratliff"

Ratliff, who until now was on his phone, looked up, "What?"

"Ross is too pussy to play another round with me" I shrugged.

"Am not! I'm just...tired" he mumbled

"I don't want to play either, Mortal Kombat got boring after the first 50 times playing" Ellington says returning to his phone.

"I don't get what's so fun about so much blood and gore" Rydel says walking in with Ryland

"I do! I wanna play!" Ryland says grabbing Ross' remote

"Have fun, he only plays the same guy over and over. It's not fun" Ross says face planting on the bed

Just there and then, not much was going on. All you hear is Ryland and I bashing buttons and the game sounds.

Ross sighs, "it's so boring...i wish-"

"Wish you can play with Ryan? Yeah...me too" Ellington cuts him off

All hell broke loose...Rydel started crying, Ryland rushed to comfort her. I felt anger build up, next thing I know, Ratliff was pinned to the wall.

"GOD DAMN IT RATLIFF! YOU COULDN'T KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT?" I screamed with so much anger and rage. Next thing I know, Ross ripped me off of him and threw me on the bed.

"Stop it Rocky" he says helping Ratliff up.

I jumped up and walked out of the room. Everything was going great until Ratliff had to open his mouth.

"Rocky!" I heard Riker's voice behind me. I picked up the pace and ran to the elevator. The stupid thing was like all the way to the lobby! Frustration made me punch the wall. My vision got blurry, I hated crying. I hate that his name just had to be mentioned. I loved him...but he almost tore this family apart. It's like I have an angel and devil on my shoulders. One tells me to love him, the other tells me to hate him for what happened in the months that followed his kidnapping. In the end, I'm just a big sobbing mess. I don't want to admit it but...I miss him a lot, I tried hiding it behind my jokes but it's hard. Everything feels so wrong.

"Rocky..." Riker stood only a few feet away from me. He pulled me into a tight embrace, I'm not gonna lie, he gives the best hugs. "It's okay to miss him" he whispered. I didn't say anything, no matter how much I want to, I can't hate Ryan. He's done nothing wrong...

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Riker asks wiping my tears away. I nodded slightly knowing I have to apologize to Ratliff and Ross later. Right now, we all just need some space.

Lisa's P.O.V
Ryan Lynch, age 4, orphaned since birth. Been through 2 orphanages through his whole life. Experience love for the first time when adopted by the Lynch family, only to be ripped away a few short months later. Met one of his adoptive brothers, seems very nice, no doubt he loved Ryan dearly.

I sat on the couch, examining the fragile child who laid on the bed. A few short days ago, he was still tied down in that basement with moldy bread.

He has a few bruises on his face, bottom lip is healing from its wounds. My eyes traveled down his little body all the way to his cast. The cast was small, red, and looked too heavy for him to lift. It hurts my heart that someone so young had such a hard life. There's no telling what the damages now will do to his future.

I turned to knocking at the door. The doctor entered quietly and turned the lights on. He walked over and showed me the report I requested.

"So he's really okay?" I asked rereading Ryan's STD examination report.

"It seems like he might have had a vaccination shot before his abduction" Dr. Lee replied

"Good" I mumbled

"He can be out as soon as he has enough strength to sit up" he says then went over to Ryan side to check the machines. "Well, everything looks fine. If you need anything, there's a nurses office across the hall" he said then proceeded to leave the room. After a while, I heard sniffling then turned to see Ryan awake. He was crying but made no sound, I thought it was probably because of his fracture larynx.

"Hey, it's okay, your uncle will be back" I whispered stroking his pitch black hair. His blonde roots are starting to grow out, he's one step closer to becoming himself again. He started shaking slightly and curled up into a ball. I didn't know what to do, child care was never my specialty! I quickly picked him up, careful not to touch the IV needle in his arm.

He hugged my neck and cried more, it's time he lets out his emotions. He's so young, there's no way he knows how to deal with all of this nonsense, crying shows that he understands that he's safe now.

"It's okay, let it all out" I stroked his back. I wasn't sure how long I sat on the bed holding him, rubbing his back, whispering comforting things. Eventually he fell back to sleep, I tucked him in and went to the bathroom. My shirt was soaked but I didn't care, I found a towel then went to wipe the dry tears off his face.

"Hang in there little one, it won't be too long before you see them again" I said gently wiping his face.