Chapter 25 - Baby Meets Ryland

???'s P.O.V
The plans all set, all I have to do is snatch that little bastard from those pathetic Lynch's and they will never see him again.

Riker's P.O.V
We're spending the entire day on the bus since we have to drive from NYC to Washington D.C. Most of us are exhausted from our late meeting last night. In fact, Ross is still sleeping right now but that's nothing out of the ordinary. By lunch time, we stopped at a rest stop. I went to wake up Ross and found Ryan sleeping on his stomach.

"Wakey wakey, time for lunch" I gently shook Ryan. He mumbled something I couldn't make out but lifted his head gently then made grabby hands at me. I chuckled then lifted the sleepy child out of the bunk.

"Yo Ross, lunch time" I poked his side which is where he's the most ticklish. He slapped my hand away and turned so he's facing away from me.

"5 more minutes" he mumbles. I sighed and turned to see Ryan who's asleep again in my arms.

"What is wrong with you two?" I muttered to myself. I guess I'll just bring something back for Ross then.

"Riker? Whats taking so long?" Rydel asks walking in.

"Ross won't wake up, neither will the little one" I explained

"Just bring a burger back for Ross, now let's go. Rocky and Ellington won't stop whining" she rolled her eyes and dragged me out. We made our way to McDonalds and got seats. While everyone went to order, I stayed with Ryan who started waking up and played with him. For some reason, I can't shake the feeling that we're being watched. Maybe it's just the crazy threat...

Stormie's P.O.V
Every time someone walks past Ryan and Riker, my heart skips a beat. The detectives contacted me last night, they said that one of the people who worked in Ryan's orphanage escaped captivity and may be the one who sent the threat. The jail break happened a week ago, for all I know, he could be in the store and I wouldn't know.

"Honey" I felt someone touch my shoulder and jumped a bit, I realized it was Mark.

"Honey, relax. Riker has him, it's all under control" he assures me. I nodded and ordered Riker's food before heading back to the table.

I watched as my oldest and youngest played around. Riker made noises and Ryan would giggle. How is it possible that in two and a half months, I've grown so attached to him? No, everyone has grown attached to him, I can't imagine how broken they will be if he gets taken.

"Mama?"

I didn't realize that Ryan had came over to my side. He looked at me concerned, he knows something's wrong.

"Yes sweety?" I asked trying to sound normal

He snuggled closer to me, "I wove you" he giggles. My heart melts every time he giggles, it's something I can never get sick of. I sat him down on my lap and stroked his soft, luscious hair. Soon everyone came back with their food and we ate like we usually do. I did notice that they were a bit too quiet, not much conversations...maybe it's because Ross isn't here.

By 1 o'clock, we had to be on the bus and ready to leave. Ross was pretty upset that he missed lunch but lightened up as soon as we told him that his lunch was on the counter. For the rest of the day, I talked to Mark about what to do when we get back home. Mark told me that Riker knows about the note, maybe he told everyone...

A Few Hours Later...

Ryland's P.O.V
"Bleh" I made a funny face resulting in a lot of giggling from Ryan. R5 wanted to spend some time writing a new song or something so I'm in charge of the toddler. After a while, I really needed to pee so I turned on Netflix on my tablet and gave it to Ryan to watch.

"Okay stay here Ry, I'll be right back" I said quickly then sprinted to the bathroom. When I came back, Riker was holding Ryan in his arms and he looked really pissed off.

"Ryland! Didn't we tell you to watch him?" He sounded REALLY pissed off

"I needed to use the bathroom" I tried to explain but he cut me off

"No, you know he's in danger, he needs to be watched every minute" Riker went off on me completely

"We're on a moving bus! Who can possibly take him?!" I finally bursted. Ryan looked scared outta his mind and started crying. Riker groaned and handed him over to me,

"Don't leave him again" he says then headed back to the media booth.

I took Ryan back to my bunk and cried into my pillow. Ryan sat by me, crying quietly.

"Stupid Riker" I cried softly, "always blames me for everything"

"Ryland, what's wrong?" I heard mom outside my bunk

"Nothing" I took a shaky breath

"What's really wrong" mom asks again

"Riker yelled at me for leaving Ryan for like a minute to go pee" I opened the curtain and handed Ryan over to her, "can you just take him before Riker yells at me again?"

"Do you all know something you shouldn't?"

I stayed silent, they're all gonna kill me if I told mom.

"Ryland, I'm not mad but tell me the truth, do you all know?" She says softly

I nodded

"We had to tell you all sooner or later, I suppose it's not the end of the world if you all know now. You know Riker, he's the oldest and takes responsibility for all of you. This is probably a bit too much for him, just take a nap and he should apologize by the time you wake up" she says, I felt Ryan climb back into my bunk. He had down in front of me and closed his eyes. "The munchkin wants to nap with you". Mom covered me with a blanket and I pulled Ryan closer to me, covering him as well.

"Thanks mom" I whispered before closing my eyes, letting go of all my stress.