Chapter 33 - Baby Meets Help

Ross' P.O.V
We went to a couple of stores and decided to go across the street to meet with Rocky and Ellington. As I was about to cross the street, an ambulance came outta nowhere and almost hit me if Riker hadn't pulled me back.

"Woah, I'm not about to lose another brother" he says making sure I was okay. I hugged him, knowing everything he feels.

"I'm fine Rikey, thank you" I smiled. He nodded slowly still weary for my safety.

"Yo!" I turned to see Ratliff across the street. "You guys find anything?" He yelled. Boy does he know how to cause a scene. We ran to him before he could draw more attention to us. I already saw a couple of girls looking my way. When we got to him, he just smiled like a dork and skipped off...okay then. I followed him to a store called "Just Rock", they had really cool edgy clothing that mom would never buy us if she was here.

"Dude!" Riker pointed to a no sleeve t shirt with the words "Bassists Do It Deeper".

"You sure?" I joked

"Hell yeah!" He said grabbing the shirt. I rolled my eyes and went to check out some rings.

Ryan's P.O.V
"Quick! Call the ambulance" I heard someone yell. It wasn't him but I'm still scared. I can't move, I'm too tired, too cold, too hungry. There was something over my head, it's hard to breath.

"Are you sure it's him?" Someone else asked

"I'm sure, look at the tattoo" I felt someone's finger over the side of my belly. It was warm...and I haven't felt warm in a long time. "He's too cold"

"Let's get that sack off his head first"

Lisa's P.O.V
I tried to be careful and cut the sack open without scaring Ryan. William took off his coat and wrapped it around his small lanky body. Once the sack was off, I couldn't believe what I saw. He had bruises all over his face, there was dry blood around his lips. He opened his eyes and I saw pure horror in them. He tried to move but it was obvious he had no energy to do so.

"Hey Ryan...do you remember me?" William whispered. The fragile child looked at him and seemed to relax just a little bit. "I'm going to pick you up now, okay?" This time Ryan nodded slightly, it looks like it's painful for him to be moved at all.

"The ambulance is here" I said as I heard the siren in the distance. "I'll stay here to handle Viktor, you go on ahead"

He nodded and picked Ryan up then headed upstairs. I waited until they got into the ambulance before going upstairs. Viktor sat in the corner glaring at me while my agent called for back up.

"You are going away for a long time" I said with no emotion what so ever

"That kid won't live to see his precious Lynch family again, count on it" he smiled devilishly.

I walked over to him and bent down so I was face to face with him, "what do you mean?"

Williams P.O.V
Everything happened so fast. One minute I got on the ambulance, the next they were giving him shots and now I'm here, sitting in the waiting room. I'm happy he's alive but the fact that he's in so much pain kills me inside. His blonde hair, the thing that makes him unique was dyed pitch black with god knows what. He no doubt needs a hair cut and a bath. The coldness of his body still lingers on my hand, it was like touching snow.

My phone rests in my hand, I contemplated on rather or not to call the mother. My finger hovered above the green button, one call and she can be here to comfort him.

"Rydel! Why do we have to be here?" I turned at the name and the sound of a familiar person.

"I just wanted to check something out" the sister and the youngest brother walked past me. They didn't know who I was but I certainly was surprised that they were here. Now comes the question...do I tell them that they're only a few feet away from Ryan? Or do I let them go...

The siblings walked over to the receptionist who was a few feet away. I heard everything they said loud and clear.

"Hi! Is it true that a store down the street donates little gifts to children here?" The sister asked

The receptionist, who was middle aged looked up. "Why sure they do! Plenty of stores donate to us" she answered sweetly

"I was wondering if a red head girl came by and dropped off a gift"

"Oh, you must mean Natasha! She did come by with a few presents. We've already arranged them to be given out" I tuned out and returned my attention to the matter at hand. If the children are here, there's no doubt the parents are here too. They can be outside for all I know...

"Will!" I heard Lisa call. She almost tackled me by the pace she was running at.

"We need to get a full body check for Ryan" she says trying to keep her calm

"What? Why?" I asked looking back at the two Lynch's

"Viktor did something to him, I know he did. He says he won't live to see his family again" she explained

"Well I guess that settles that" I mumbled to myself, "do me a favor"

"Sure"

Ryland's P.O.V
I don't know why Rydel had to drag me to this random hospital but now that I'm here, why not look around. I went to the cafeteria since I was hungry and bought a bag of chips from the vending machine.

"Hey, young man, can you help me?" I looked around and spotted a woman who couldn't be much older than me. I pointed to myself to confirm she was talking to me and she nodded.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you" she smiled. Seeing as I'm in a public place, I agreed and went to her.

"How can I help you?" I asked

"My name is Lisa and I'm working on a social studies project for my company. We want to gather as much data as we can on how different people celebrate the holidays. So if you don't mind please tell me your name and how your family will be celebrating this year" she explained slowly

"Sounds simple enough. My name is Ryland Lynch. My family and I will be in Colorado, probably in the "Hoflers Ski Resort" like we always go every year. It's a tradition to visit family there and spend the holidays together" I said simply

"Thank you so much, this helps me a lot. I have to go now but here" she says handing me a small package. "It's just a little candy for your trouble, take care now!"

Before I can say anything, she disappeared down the hall. I looked at the package in my hands and gently shook it. It definitely sounded like candy inside but then I remembered moms constant reminder since we were kids. "Don't take candy from strangers". I shrugged and shoved the package in my pocket then went off to find Rydel. She's probably looking at the newborns room...I should really get her out of here then.