Marriage Made in Heaven - Chapter 2

"Maybe if she just thought about dating somebody she would feel better," Dave said to Millie.

"Don't be daft, and don't push her either she is not ready," Millie said.

"I can hear you both talking about me," I said through the bathroom door.

"It has been two years Libby and not all men are wankers!" Dave shouted back through the door too me.

"I didn't say they were," I replied. "I'm going to bed, I will see you guys later."

"Libs, Dave is right," Millie said even though it killed her to agree with him.

"Nick was a cheating bastard. If that girl from work hadn't called you to tell you he was cheating on you with her friend you wouldn't have known and you would have carried on living a lie and marrying the arsehole. Having a couple of his kids and then finding out about his mistress, by which time your life was totally in the shitter. You would be the dumb ass wife whose husband works and plays away whilst she sits home taking care of the kids. You're life would be fucked, whilst he was off fucking someone slag from the work!" she said.

"I KNOW! Both of you just shut up... I am not getting married EVER!! I am not having children EVER!! And I am not having a relationship EVER!! So SHUT UP!!" I screamed through the door before bursting into tears.

"Oh great now look what you have done, I can hear her crying," Dave said.

"ME! It was you would wanted her to get out there shagging, not me!" Mille argued.

"No, all I said was she should throw something on and come for drink with us," Dave argued back.

He was right, I just couldn't motivate myself to do it.

"Fine, I will come," I shouted through the door, sniffling as I opened the door to face them.

"Group hug," Millie said and we all stepped into our three-way hug.

Four hours later I was pissed as fart and dancing away like a teenager having their first night in a club.

Millie signalled the bar and we danced over giggling.

"God I have a head ache," I told her as one struck me all of a sudden. "Right here above my right eye, ouch!"

"Well hello ladies," a good looking guy said. "Can I buy you a drink?"

"Are you really that good looking or is it my beer goggles?" I asked him.

He smiled and his eyes seemed... I don't know... just...

"He is that good looking," Millie said.

I heard him laugh as my headache started to throb with vengeance.

I needed fresh air. I couldn't think straight.

"I'm gonna get some air, I'll be right back," I told Millie.

"Drink this first and then we will go out together," she said passing me a shot.

I flung it down my throat and she nodded at the guy from a minute ago. He must have brought the shots.

"Thank you," I said.

"It's my pleasure Libby," he said with a smile.

I felt a rush of heat from the drink and staggered to the exit. I needed air fast!

I banged the exit door open and fell to my knees panting as my head swam. Shit did he spike my drink or did I just have one too many? How did he know my name? Did Millie tell him?

"Libby," Millie called.

"She needs taking home," a voice said. "Come on we will give you a lift."